The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Obituary Notice.
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2020 4:14 pm by ipo

» LOLC Holdings
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 6:04 pm by smallville

» SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:06 pm by subash

» Happy Birthday
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 9:16 pm by lanka

» In the Meantime, Within Our Shores !
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 10:46 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» අසාදුගත ව්‍යාපාරිකයින්ට රජයෙන් දුන් සහනය මෙන්න
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» ශ්‍රී ලංකා කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ ඉතිහාසයේ දෙවැනි විශාලතම කොටස් ගනුදෙනුව අද
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 9:59 pm by nihal123

» Hayleys MGT
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 5:40 pm by subash

» Browns Investments update
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 am by The Invisible

» Gota's Era
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 9:53 am by yellow knife

» Tokyo Cement
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:48 pm by The Invisible

» Lanka Tiles
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:44 pm by The Invisible

» RCL - Royal Ceramics
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm by The Invisible

» AEL Access Engineering
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:30 pm by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka central bank to develop a cost-based rate to price loans
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:21 pm by The Invisible

» Dialog Finance
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 10:19 pm by The Invisible

» LIOC.N0000 (Lanka IOC PLC)
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 4:32 pm by LSE

» Tourism Sector
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:05 pm by nihal123

» Expolanka
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 1:18 am by Afourer

» Cartoon Today
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2020 2:41 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» කොළඹ කොටස් හුවමාරුවෙහි නවතම ජංගම දුරකථන යෙදුම
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 7:36 pm by spw19721

» ඉරානයට කළ ප්‍රහාරයෙන් පසු යුරෝපයේ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ රැසක් පහළ වැටෙයි
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 04, 2020 1:30 pm by nihal123

» VAT අදාළ නැති කට්ටිය මෙන්න. 50,000 ක ලැයිස්තුවක්
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:55 am by nihal123

» How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 am by Admin

» ලංකාවේ ලොකුම සමාගම මෙන්න. දුම්කොළ සමාගම අභිබවමින් ජෝන් කීල්ස් යළිත් පෙරමුණට
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 7:48 pm by Rana

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 pm by nihal123

» Sri Lanka’s LOLC Prepares to Sell Its Biggest Overseas Unit
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 4:43 pm by nuwanmja

» Sri Lanka’s Cargills, Sampath, DFCC Bank says met lending rate ceilings
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 4:26 pm by NIRMALSG

» Dividend Announcement
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 1:16 pm by smallville

» Sri Lanka bank bad loans spike to 4.9-pct, non-banks 9.7-pct in Sept
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 9:29 am by The Invisible

» People’s Bank, Sampath, and DFCC face penalties
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 6:33 pm by nihal123

» NDB.N0000 (National Development Bank PLC)
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:55 am by Trend

» COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:23 pm by spw19721

» Thought for the day...
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 3:41 pm by Topcat

» ඩොක්ටර් ඒලියන්ත වයිට්
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:15 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Why (Happy) People Cheat?
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 8:34 pm by pjrngroup

» Who killed Cock Robin?
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2019 8:33 pm by pjrngroup

» 65 Ways to Make Money Online
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 9:24 am by Topcat

» සුළු හා මධ්‍ය පරිමාණ ව්‍යාපාරිකයින් ලබාගත් ණය අයකර ගැනීම අත්හිටුවන්න
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 8:50 am by Topcat

» ACL Cables
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 21, 2019 5:34 am by NIRMALSG

» Sri Lanka to up employer EPF contribution to 15-pct, start social security fund
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 2:46 pm by The Invisible

» රාජ්‍ය සමාගම් කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළට ගෙන ආ යුතුයි
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:37 pm by serene

» Sri Lanka can resume high growth path, cut more taxes: Mark Mobius
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 am by The Alchemist

» රතු වැටෙනකොට
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 2:59 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Sri Lanka interest rates should go down, currency will not fall: Mark Mobius
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 am by The Invisible

» Equation of Happiness Solved
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 5:23 pm by Backstage

» තැරැව්කාර සමාගමකට එරෙහිව කොටස් වෙළෙඳපොළ විනය ක්‍රියාමාර්ග ගනී
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 pm by Rana

» PABC.N0000 (Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC)
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 6:41 pm by soileconomy

» East West properties
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 10:01 am by LSE

» MHDL Millennium Housing
CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 pm by pure equity

January 2020
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

CFVF - First Capital

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by serene on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 am

slstock wrote:Hey ,  how about renaming  CFVF to  "Kith's Kiri Ale" ?

Might be prasthawa pirula   in the future Smile


Thread title I will  rename   "Mod Kith Ale."

Kiththage Hot Ale. Very Happy

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:25 am

serene wrote:
slstock wrote:Hey ,  how about renaming  CFVF to  "Kith's Kiri Ale" ?

Might be prasthawa pirula   in the future Smile


Thread title I will  rename   "Mod Kith Ale."

Kiththage Hot Ale. Very Happy


At this rate , this renaming is going to  borderline  filth   Very Happy

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by serene on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:27 am

slstock wrote:
serene wrote:
slstock wrote:Hey ,  how about renaming  CFVF to  "Kith's Kiri Ale" ?

Might be prasthawa pirula   in the future Smile


Thread title I will  rename   "Mod Kith Ale."

Kiththage Hot Ale. Very Happy


At this rate , this renaming is going to  borderline  filth   Very Happy

Smile Very Happy

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Leon on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:32 pm

slstock wrote:
Leon wrote:
Sentiment on CFVF rejuvenated yday may be with the rate cut, may be with selling news. Whatever the reasons we got to be cautions as what we do with CFVF.
Making losses is painful, selling premature & watch the share run is more painful. Having a suitable balance is the challenge.

Was there a further CB  rate cut yesterday ( after June ?)
Did I miss anything?

T-BILL AUCTION 31.07.2019
Amount offered 22Bn
Bids received 60Bn
Amount accepted 22Bn
91Days 7.85% down 4bps
182Days 7.94% down 2bps
364Days 8.21% down 17bps
- BizAlert
Leon
Leon
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1258
Join date : 2014-03-11

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Leon wrote:
slstock wrote:
Leon wrote:
Sentiment on CFVF rejuvenated yday may be with the rate cut, may be with selling news. Whatever the reasons we got to be cautions as what we do with CFVF.
Making losses is painful, selling premature & watch the share run is more painful. Having a suitable balance is the challenge.

Was there a further CB  rate cut yesterday ( after June ?)
Did I miss anything?

T-BILL AUCTION 31.07.2019
Amount offered 22Bn
Bids received 60Bn
Amount accepted 22Bn
91Days 7.85% down 4bps
182Days 7.94% down 2bps
364Days 8.21% down 17bps
- BizAlert

Okay that's just regular Gov Treasury trading ( demand and supply).
It not a new official Central Bank rate cut.

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:56 pm

" මොඩ් කිත් අලේ ", it does not sound that bad after all. Embarassed

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 8186
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 61
Location : රජ්ගම

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by serene on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:40 pm

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:" මොඩ් කිත් අලේ ", Embarassed
Mod Kithale Very Happy

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by CK on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:15 pm

NEWER wrote:Thanks serene to copy and paste my message here
I released my CFVF bought @ 22-23 level today by keeping hopes to re enter @ possible support
I am doing quick rotation to maximise my profit,  bcz  
1. Daily we are getting new opportunities with different counters with 3-4 ra up
2. At any time mkt may go for correction and to have cash in hand to buy @ Dips again
Till that I decided to catch another bus bcz especially as mentioned BIL by targetting 3.60rs and .......
Happy TRADING/ DAY TRADING
Ha ha.. Accurate  picking of bil newer... But red for the post... Nothing to do except laughing Very Happy
CK
CK
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by ruwan326 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:07 pm

CK wrote:
NEWER wrote:Thanks serene to copy and paste my message here
I released my CFVF bought @ 22-23 level today by keeping hopes to re enter @ possible support
I am doing quick rotation to maximise my profit,  bcz  
1. Daily we are getting new opportunities with different counters with 3-4 ra up
2. At any time mkt may go for correction and to have cash in hand to buy @ Dips again
Till that I decided to catch another bus bcz especially as mentioned BIL by targetting 3.60rs and .......
Happy TRADING/ DAY TRADING
Ha ha.. Accurate  picking of bil newer... But red for the post... Nothing to do except laughing Very Happy

Rolling Eyes Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ruwan326
ruwan326

Posts : 1598
Join date : 2016-09-29
Age : 41
Location : Horana

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by The Invisible on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:51 pm

CK wrote:
NEWER wrote:Thanks serene to copy and paste my message here
I released my CFVF bought @ 22-23 level today by keeping hopes to re enter @ possible support
I am doing quick rotation to maximise my profit,  bcz  
1. Daily we are getting new opportunities with different counters with 3-4 ra up
2. At any time mkt may go for correction and to have cash in hand to buy @ Dips again
Till that I decided to catch another bus bcz especially as mentioned BIL by targetting 3.60rs and .......
Happy TRADING/ DAY TRADING
Ha ha.. Accurate  picking of bil newer... But red for the post... Nothing to do except laughing Very Happy

However in advance cheers
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 1411
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Rajapaksap on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Happy news. CFVF CASH DIVIDEND for year 2019/2020( First Interim) Rs. 4.00 ExD 15th Aug.2019. Payment 26th Aug.

Rajapaksap

Posts : 74
Join date : 2014-04-14

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by ruwan326 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:01 pm

The Invisible wrote:
CK wrote:
NEWER wrote:Thanks serene to copy and paste my message here
I released my CFVF bought @ 22-23 level today by keeping hopes to re enter @ possible support
I am doing quick rotation to maximise my profit,  bcz  
1. Daily we are getting new opportunities with different counters with 3-4 ra up
2. At any time mkt may go for correction and to have cash in hand to buy @ Dips again
Till that I decided to catch another bus bcz especially as mentioned BIL by targetting 3.60rs and .......
Happy TRADING/ DAY TRADING
Ha ha.. Accurate  picking of bil newer... But red for the post... Nothing to do except laughing Very Happy

However in advance cheers

Invi,Did you check my PM Wink ?
ruwan326
ruwan326

Posts : 1598
Join date : 2016-09-29
Age : 41
Location : Horana

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by The Invisible on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:54 pm

As expected strong result for June quarter. The gain on fair value of financial assets has made the difference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 1411
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by CK on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 am

Realized a good profit. Thank you newer1 Basketball
The Invisible wrote:
CK wrote:
NEWER wrote:Thanks serene to copy and paste my message here
I released my CFVF bought @ 22-23 level today by keeping hopes to re enter @ possible support
I am doing quick rotation to maximise my profit,  bcz  
1. Daily we are getting new opportunities with different counters with 3-4 ra up
2. At any time mkt may go for correction and to have cash in hand to buy @ Dips again
Till that I decided to catch another bus bcz especially as mentioned BIL by targetting 3.60rs and .......
Happy TRADING/ DAY TRADING
Ha ha.. Accurate  picking of bil newer... But red for the post... Nothing to do except laughing Very Happy

However in advance cheers
CK
CK
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Why is this thread dead quiet now ?
Do you"ll remember the mass craze over CFVF one time?
Sentiments were getting overblown too.
Had to add  sense , balance and even a warning as below  then.  


What happening now  with CFVF with all those other forums and people
who were interested ? Now not a meek !

Did anyone buy at the top for short term trading ( around Rs 56) and holding ?  

~~~

Btw Kithsiri, are you still holding on to your Hot Ale or did you dispose it ?  
( the hot potato,  not the Ale/Beer )






slstock wrote:Hmm , I see this thread is getting heated in 2 ways.
Share price and member sentiments. Someone here has to moderate.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1) ALL OF YOU FIRST READ below thread. Take what said there in wiser way ( not personal)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2) Below is discussion I had with Kithsiri on CFVF/CSEC few weeks ago.

Specially take note of the facts I mentioned on Shaffter games.  Did it happen again for CFVF?  



slstock wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:UBC, simplyfor the sentimental value being mostly IPO ones.
Bought JINS & CFVF together and managed to get out with the hefty gain with JINS but not with CFVF.
Let's hope for a good time to come where it will go past 70 mark.  Very Happy
slstock wrote: kithsiri
Can't say I did 't warn about UBC to you.
CFVF we have discussed and beaten to death in the past.
( I like to remember Chinwi also at this time when talking about CFVF)


When I discussed treasury related shares ( in so much detail )  in the past
I explicitly warned then these were not to be held for long term.

When we discussed and initiated then

CFVF was  Rs 14 ( later went  to 70) .
ESL was Rs 17  ( later went to Rs 68 or something )
( now ESL is also in trouble over politics and other reasons)

So in essense what am saying is

" Don't count on  high value expectations like the past ( like Rs 70)  
Once you get some decent  profit in CFVF get out.

If holding for longer term, in the next 2 quarters CFVF doesn't show very good eps growth, I would be watchful.


JINS, CFVF, CSEC and BFN are not the most transparent groups around.
We saw how the Shaffters played some games with CSEC.


Things are not same as in the past Wink
Best be watchful so you won't get burnt.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I posted below on July 24th when share price was around Rs40 and after another Shafter game.  

Rs 40  value ,  I think was a okay price based on future expectation and even speculation.


It is one thing to talk about it in Rs 20s but after Rs 40 can some answer me the bekow

1)  What is the intrinsic value of CFVF now ?  
What is the June quarter earning expectation.


2) Read the highlighted below .

a)  Are you 100% sure sure  this transaction  of CFVF will happen at very high prices ?

b) Are you 100% sure this is not a Shafter game to push the  share price further? ( which Happened from rs 40  to 50 as many got into  it on speculation of the sale.)






slstock wrote:

[size=16]We have noted unusual trading in the shares of the Company
on24th July 2019
and been further informed that there is market
speculation of a possible acquisition of First Capital Holdings PLC
("the Company").


..............
However, the Board wishes to strongly emphasize that the discussions are at a preliminary stage. Any final decision to proceed with the transaction will be
subject to several conditions. These include, the prospective investor  completing a satisfactory due diligence; obtaining corporate aprovals;
and, being able to arrange financing for the purchase.


Hence, and particularly in view of the uncertainty of the third condition, the disclosure of any information would have been premature.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also like to add a few more thing for Knowledge and ethics



a) All of you Don't forget Chinwi  who introduced
CFVF to many first  ( I too talked about it a lot simutaneoulsy but Chinwi should be given credit as he was first to initiate long ago )



b) Once CFVF was trading at Rs 28.

But EPS was Rs 17.

Every other share ran like crazy in the bull market.
But not CFVF.

Do you know why ?



c) Don;t get Greedy with Hot potatoes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SUMMARY :

Be careful on news, hot stocks and sentimental buys.
If they gone wrong   who is going to rescse you.

There are other fish in the sea too Wink



Last edited by slstock on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:44 pm; edited 5 times in total

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Topcat on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Stuck on top... price of never learning from mistakes  Embarassed
Topcat
Topcat

Posts : 111
Join date : 2019-07-25

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Topcat wrote:Stuck on top... price of never learning from mistakes  Embarassed

An honest answer. Giving a rep for honesty ( not the fact you got stuck)
Presume you bought for short term trading with the trend  Sad  

We all make mistakes .
I have made a bad one too on a different share  ( it was not really my fault
but then again it is ). But anyway , us reducing mistakes much as possible
is the key to progress.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If enough  genuine replies  are there, I can do an update on CFVF,
but else why waste time right ?

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Topcat on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:36 pm

slstock wrote:
Presume you bought for short term trading with the trend  

Yep. Fueling with some rumors.
sls , do you think it is advisable to avg down at these levels?
(I managed to avg down mgt at 13 s and now with the current price i am with some profit. Very Happy )
Topcat
Topcat

Posts : 111
Join date : 2019-07-25

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:39 am

Topcat wrote:
slstock wrote:
Presume you bought for short term trading with the trend  

Yep. Fueling with some rumors.
sls , do you think it is advisable to avg down at these levels?
(I managed to avg down mgt at 13 s and now with the current price i am with
some profit. Very Happy )

There is good and bad with CFVF ( as with 75% of the shares).
Also CFVF and MGT situation is different.

Though there was so much interest in CFVF before , and you are the only one
who commented  now ( and honestly) , I will PM you.


_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:23 am

Topcat. I can't PM as your messaging is turn off. Goto forum profile. Preferences and enable Private messaging.

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Ethical Trader on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you SLS for the comments on CFVF. This was one of my favorite shares once. It was a good dividend paying share too but every thing was destroyed when certain accounting manipulation by accountants was revealed some time ago and then with the central bank bond scam. around 0.38% of my portfolio is CFVF. Average price is around Rs: 30.00 I could have disposed it when the price was over Rs:50.00 but still holding on as prevailing low interest on capital would further boost their profits. Your studied comments are highly appreciated.
slstock wrote:Why is this thread dead quiet now ?
Do you"ll remember the mass craze over CFVF one time?
Sentiments were getting overblown too.
Had to add  sense , balance and even a warning as below  then.  


What happening now  with CFVF with all those other forums and people
who were interested ? Now not a meek !

 Did anyone buy at the top for short term trading ( around Rs 56) and holding ?  

~~~

Btw Kithsiri, are you still holding on to your Hot Ale or did you dispose it ?  
( the hot potato,  not the Ale/Beer )






slstock wrote:Hmm , I see this thread is getting heated in 2 ways.
Share price and member sentiments. Someone here has to moderate.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1) ALL OF YOU FIRST READ below thread. Take what said there in wiser way ( not personal)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2) Below is discussion I had with Kithsiri on CFVF/CSEC few weeks ago.

Specially take note of the facts I mentioned on Shaffter games.  Did it happen again for CFVF?  



slstock wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:UBC, simplyfor the sentimental value being mostly IPO ones.
Bought JINS & CFVF together and managed to get out with the hefty gain with JINS but not with CFVF.
Let's hope for a good time to come where it will go past 70 mark.  Very Happy
slstock wrote: kithsiri
Can't say I did 't warn about UBC to you.
CFVF we have discussed and beaten to death in the past.
( I like to remember Chinwi also at this time when talking about CFVF)


When I discussed treasury related shares ( in so much detail )  in the past
I explicitly warned then these were not to be held for long term.

When we discussed and initiated then

CFVF was  Rs 14 ( later went  to 70) .
ESL was Rs 17  ( later went to Rs 68 or something )
( now ESL is also in trouble over politics and other reasons)

So in essense what am saying is

" Don't count on  high value expectations like the past ( like Rs 70)  
Once you get some decent  profit in CFVF get out.

If holding for longer term, in the next 2 quarters CFVF doesn't show very good eps growth, I would be watchful.


JINS, CFVF, CSEC and BFN are not the most transparent groups around.
We saw how the Shaffters played some games with CSEC.


Things are not same as in the past Wink
Best be watchful so you won't get burnt.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I posted below on July 24th when share price was around Rs40 and after another Shafter game.  

Rs 40  value ,  I think was a okay price based on future expectation and even speculation.


It is one thing to talk about it in Rs 20s but after Rs 40 can some answer me the bekow

1)  What is the intrinsic value of CFVF now ?  
What is the June quarter earning expectation.


2) Read the highlighted below .

a)  Are you 100% sure sure  this transaction  of CFVF will happen at very high prices ?

b) Are you 100% sure this is not a Shafter game to push the  share price further? ( which Happened from rs 40  to 50 as many got into  it on speculation of the sale.)






slstock wrote:

[size=16]We have noted unusual trading in the shares of the Company
on24th July 2019
and been further informed that there is market
speculation of a possible acquisition of First Capital Holdings PLC
("the Company").


..............
However, the Board wishes to strongly emphasize that the discussions are at a preliminary stage. Any final decision to proceed with the transaction will be
subject to several conditions. These include, the prospective investor  completing a satisfactory due diligence; obtaining corporate aprovals;
and, being able to arrange financing for the purchase.


Hence, and particularly in view of the uncertainty of the third condition, the disclosure of any information would have been premature.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also like to add a few more thing for Knowledge and ethics



a) All of you Don't forget Chinwi  who introduced
CFVF to many first  ( I too talked about it a lot simutaneoulsy but Chinwi should be given credit as he was first to initiate long ago )



b) Once CFVF was trading at Rs 28.

But EPS was Rs 17.

Every other share ran like crazy in the bull market.
But not CFVF.

Do you know why ?



c) Don;t get Greedy with Hot potatoes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


SUMMARY :

Be careful on news, hot stocks and sentimental buys.
If they gone wrong   who is going to rescse you.

There are other fish in the sea too Wink

Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5561
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:26 am

Ethical Trader wrote:Thank you SLS for the comments on CFVF. This was one of my favorite shares once. It was a good dividend paying share too but every thing was destroyed when certain accounting manipulation by accountants was revealed some time ago and then with the central bank bond scam. around 0.38% of my portfolio is CFVF. Average price is around Rs: 30.00 I could have disposed it when the price was over Rs:50.00 but still holding on as prevailing low interest on capital would  further boost their profits. Your studied comments are highly appreciated.    







ET,  


This thread had so many people interested on CFVF few months ago.
Some heated  issues also happened in this thread if you notice.


Predictions, targets , charts, group play all happened. I had to add
balance and warnings too.


But , now ONLY Topcat and You respond. What happened to everyone
else? I have already PMed Topcat. So the only reason I  am making

the below detailed public post on CFVF,   is specially  because of your request. 


But due to such ,the silent many who are interested  will benefit too ,
I know. I will put it down to merit  haha.  ( Else I could easily PM you
too  without writing this in public)  




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1) On CFVF share personality, I wrote pages on  in the past years as you

 remember.


Some people  first came to know about CFVF  due to Chinwi  
( and well I too  talked about it in detail when it was Rs 15-16 and
 ran from Rs 14 to 70  one time)  





2) CFVF earning pattern is different to many shares. It a bit like plantations.
In 1 quarter , they will report a massive earning ( they did last quarter) . Then  earnings will go lower ( like this quarter) and  eventually flat
( to even losses if things do not favor them).




3) This is a cyclic share. Best not to  hold for very long time.  




4)  Having said that, since they reported around Rs 2 eps  for september
it is  not bad still.   With election run , CFVF  can go up a bit more  
from Rs 43 now  ( the top this time was Rs 56).   Next quarter too they can
report some profit ( but not very high profit). 



5) But unless they declare another dividend or management sells  CFVF  
as announced at CSE ( why I don't know they want to sell ) , best not to
expect very high prices.  Fundamentally the NAV   is at Rs 40 too.



I still don't understand why they want to sell CFVF which is the money
maker for CSEC. I really feel this CFVF share sale was a Shafter game
to price up.  I could be mistaken if they really want to sell  for some
reason I don't understand.  IF they actually sell , then CFVF can go up
again. If they don't ??


But we also need to know, Management can  easily say later,
the CFVF sale  deal didn't work out.  Then what ?
 




6)  Did you see what happened recently to CSEC after the pumping ?

 

7)  After election, if CFVF market interest is lost  and price has not
recovered  enough, it maybe better to sell and  move on to a better

share. If some favorable announcement happen to CFVF you can re-enter.


CFVF cannot make big profits every quarter. It doesn't work that way
as  I mentioned.




8 ) Many who buy CFVF are traders who want to make quick profit.
   That why it ran so fast from RS 20 to 50 ( also on rumors ).
   Now silence. Investors are few into this. 



   I saw a few traders commenting early  at Rs 20 and then decently
   commenting of value around Rs 40. That was a good call.






9) Anyway since they reported Rs 2 this quarter , it is still not bad.
     Best to wait to see today how it reacts after Rs 2 earnings
   ( which is better than last year) .




10)  Overall with present earnings ,this is not bad share to hold a bit more.
But holding for long term, or basing prices on market rumors and promotions
is not  wise with this kind of  share.




Not only earning matter , right ?




Hope this detailed analysis taking lot of time helps.


Good luck.

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by Ethical Trader on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanks for the detailed comment.I was contemplating in adding some more to my portfolio at current prices as the last interim dividend of Rs:4/= was almost 10% at the current price level. I will do so if the price comes down a little bit more than now.
slstock wrote:
Ethical Trader wrote:Thank you SLS for the comments on CFVF. This was one of my favorite shares once. It was a good dividend paying share too but every thing was destroyed when certain accounting manipulation by accountants was revealed some time ago and then with the central bank bond scam. around 0.38% of my portfolio is CFVF. Average price is around Rs: 30.00 I could have disposed it when the price was over Rs:50.00 but still holding on as prevailing low interest on capital would  further boost their profits. Your studied comments are highly appreciated.    







ET,  


This thread had so many people interested on CFVF few months ago.
Some heated  issues also happened in this thread if you notice.


Predictions, targets , charts, group play all happened. I had to add
balance and warnings too.


But , now ONLY Topcat and You respond. What happened to everyone
else? I have already PMed Topcat. So the only reason I  am making

the below detailed public post on CFVF,   is specially  because of your request. 


But due to such ,the silent many who are interested  will benefit too ,
I know. I will put it down to merit  haha.  ( Else I could easily PM you
too  without writing this in public)  




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1) On CFVF share personality, I wrote pages on  in the past years as you

 remember.


Some people  first came to know about CFVF  due to Chinwi  
( and well I too  talked about it in detail when it was Rs 15-16 and
 ran from Rs 14 to 70  one time)  





2) CFVF earning pattern is different to many shares. It a bit like plantations.
In 1 quarter , they will report a massive earning ( they did last quarter) . Then  earnings will go lower ( like this quarter) and  eventually flat
( to even losses if things do not favor them).




3) This is a cyclic share. Best not to  hold for very long time.  




4)  Having said that, since they reported around Rs 2 eps  for september
it is  not bad still.   With election run , CFVF  can go up a bit more  
from Rs 43 now  ( the top this time was Rs 56).   Next quarter too they can
report some profit ( but not very high profit). 



5) But unless they declare another dividend or management sells  CFVF  
as announced at CSE ( why I don't know they want to sell ) , best not to
expect very high prices.  Fundamentally the NAV   is at Rs 40 too.



I still don't understand why they want to sell CFVF which is the money
maker for CSEC. I really feel this CFVF share sale was a Shafter game
to price up.  I could be mistaken if they really want to sell  for some
reason I don't understand.  IF they actually sell , then CFVF can go up
again. If they don't ??


But we also need to know, Management can  easily say later,
the CFVF sale  deal didn't work out.  Then what ?
 




6)  Did you see what happened recently to CSEC after the pumping ?

 

7)  After election, if CFVF market interest is lost  and price has not
recovered  enough, it maybe better to sell and  move on to a better

share. If some favorable announcement happen to CFVF you can re-enter.


CFVF cannot make big profits every quarter. It doesn't work that way
as  I mentioned.




8 ) Many who buy CFVF are traders who want to make quick profit.
   That why it ran so fast from RS 20 to 50 ( also on rumors ).
   Now silence. Investors are few into this. 



   I saw a few traders commenting early  at Rs 20 and then decently
   commenting of value around Rs 40. That was a good call.






9) Anyway since they reported Rs 2 this quarter , it is still not bad.
     Best to wait to see today how it reacts after Rs 2 earnings
   ( which is better than last year) .




10)  Overall with present earnings ,this is not bad share to hold a bit more.
But holding for long term, or basing prices on market rumors and promotions
is not  wise with this kind of  share.




Not only earning matter , right ?




Hope this detailed analysis taking lot of time helps.


Good luck.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5561
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by slstock on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Ethical Trader wrote:Thanks for the detailed comment.I was contemplating in adding some more to my portfolio at current prices as the last interim dividend of Rs:4/= was almost 10% at the current price level. I will do so if the price comes down a little bit more  than now.


ET, if you are keeping this long term for dividends, just remember  the time
when it went below Rs 20 and paid no dividends. They can pay dividends
when they earn good profit only right ? After that .. ?

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5849
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

CFVF - First Capital - Page 9 Empty Re: CFVF - First Capital

Post by serene on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 pm

slstock wrote:
Ethical Trader wrote:Thank you SLS for the comments on CFVF. This was one of my favorite shares once. It was a good dividend paying share too but every thing was destroyed when certain accounting manipulation by accountants was revealed some time ago and then with the central bank bond scam. around 0.38% of my portfolio is CFVF. Average price is around Rs: 30.00 I could have disposed it when the price was over Rs:50.00 but still holding on as prevailing low interest on capital would  further boost their profits. Your studied comments are highly appreciated.    







ET,  


This thread had so many people interested on CFVF few months ago.
Some heated  issues also happened in this thread if you notice.


Predictions, targets , charts, group play all happened. I had to add
balance and warnings too.


But , now ONLY Topcat and You respond. What happened to everyone
else? I have already PMed Topcat. So the only reason I  am making

the below detailed public post on CFVF,   is specially  because of your request. 


But due to such ,the silent many who are interested  will benefit too ,
I know. I will put it down to merit  haha.  ( Else I could easily PM you
too  without writing this in public)  




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




1) On CFVF share personality, I wrote pages on  in the past years as you

 remember.


Some people  first came to know about CFVF  due to Chinwi  
( and well I too  talked about it in detail when it was Rs 15-16 and
 ran from Rs 14 to 70  one time)  





2) CFVF earning pattern is different to many shares. It a bit like plantations.
In 1 quarter , they will report a massive earning ( they did last quarter) . Then  earnings will go lower ( like this quarter) and  eventually flat
( to even losses if things do not favor them).




3) This is a cyclic share. Best not to  hold for very long time.  




4)  Having said that, since they reported around Rs 2 eps  for september
it is  not bad still.   With election run , CFVF  can go up a bit more  
from Rs 43 now  ( the top this time was Rs 56).   Next quarter too they can
report some profit ( but not very high profit). 



5) But unless they declare another dividend or management sells  CFVF  
as announced at CSE ( why I don't know they want to sell ) , best not to
expect very high prices.  Fundamentally the NAV   is at Rs 40 too.



I still don't understand why they want to sell CFVF which is the money
maker for CSEC. I really feel this CFVF share sale was a Shafter game
to price up.  I could be mistaken if they really want to sell  for some
reason I don't understand.  IF they actually sell , then CFVF can go up
again. If they don't ??


But we also need to know, Management can  easily say later,
the CFVF sale  deal didn't work out.  Then what ?
 




6)  Did you see what happened recently to CSEC after the pumping ?

 

7)  After election, if CFVF market interest is lost  and price has not
recovered  enough, it maybe better to sell and  move on to a better

share. If some favorable announcement happen to CFVF you can re-enter.


CFVF cannot make big profits every quarter. It doesn't work that way
as  I mentioned.




8 ) Many who buy CFVF are traders who want to make quick profit.
   That why it ran so fast from RS 20 to 50 ( also on rumors ).
   Now silence. Investors are few into this. 



   I saw a few traders commenting early  at Rs 20 and then decently
   commenting of value around Rs 40. That was a good call.






9) Anyway since they reported Rs 2 this quarter , it is still not bad.
     Best to wait to see today how it reacts after Rs 2 earnings
   ( which is better than last year) .




10)  Overall with present earnings ,this is not bad share to hold a bit more.
But holding for long term, or basing prices on market rumors and promotions
is not  wise with this kind of  share.




Not only earning matter , right ?




Hope this detailed analysis taking lot of time helps.


Good luck.

Dear SLS,
This is forum for Sharing and Caring.
Let bygones be bygones.
Thanks for helping out us in Difficult phases.
Really happy that slowly people realize truth and rectify themselves.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum