The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

East West properties

+14
Beginner1
The Invisible
dhanurrox
slstock
sashimaal
The Alchemist
smallville
Leon
Ethical Trader
First Guy
CK
yellow knife
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
pathfinder
18 posters
Go down
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

East West properties - Page 2 Empty Re: East West properties

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 am
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
Good to see arguments... Its the arguments make one to take right decisions.. When we argue we see only one side and try to protect the side we are in openly. Yet within the mind we happen to see the other side as well... Thus arguing is really good in an investor's forum as it will make everyone to think irrespective of your side.

I was a dedicated trader for 5 years since 2006 to 2011. The situation of SL perfectly matched for a trader. If you buy a worthy share like OSEA today at a bargained price  , tomorrow when you hear that LTTE has attacked to Air Port, Central Bank, Telecom, or Navy Commander Clancy Fernando, the next a market drop. So that was not the right thing to hold from 2006 to May 2009. From that onward we had triumph mentality. It was like UK after regaining Falkland Islands. Immediately market rallies were created. LCEM, CSEC, Blue, DPL, Greg, Reef, WAPO and East comet to mind as good rallies. The investors were not interested in Annual Reports, EPS, DPS nothing. Its only feeling the pulses of rallies. WE the young then enjoyed .. it was the names that matters .. Who bought this big Q of PMB... or N...wow... a rally within hours ... Pump and Dump some said. We enjoyed the roller coaster.. Either Luck or something like Foolishness helped me a lot.. I made quick bucks.. It was not only me... many were lucky.. but some said there must be sufferers....

2011 Market was too hot to handle.. Luckily I started to learn the market .. I saved myself by clinging to good stocks .. and from 2011 to 2016 August I moved to Fundamentally sound stocks. It was not foolish rallies. But reason driven. Like Oil Price and commodity market prices. Developing good strategies like buying equal quantities in Namu and REXP made my PF and all weather one. I of course made blunders during this period like holding LIOC for too long believing its worth for long term. Further it held half of my PF.

During these two terms I was not on Margin. So I was not burning with sleepless nights. Now I see the PF should be balanced like said in books. Not only Equities, but Debt Instruments, commodities like Gold must be there. I moved to Cash, FDs, Savings and also Gold.

Now back to EAST

Yes there is a created interest on EAST during last few days. Its amazing to see the interest created towards EAST during a dull and declining market and I dont believe foreigners are buying EAST...( I did not check that ) So it must be retailers.. If the directors are collecting its must appear as notices..

Surprisingly no TAs are giving resistance levels to the ASI .. yet its falling.. amidst of that there is an interest towards EAST with nice fluctuations

I understand this forum is also full of short term gainers than long term holders. If we just look at the amount of posts read, definitely the highest count comes with speculative.

In a democratic stream

1. If the majority prefers Speculation, let that be the dominant

2. No restrictions should be upon writings or sharing

Yet I am an ardent supporter of dictatorship and throughout the world the majority behave based on programming of dedicated dictatorial minority which may come in the form of Mossad, CIA, KGB, Rotschild, BBC, Reuters, Al Jazeera etc...

Regarding EAST... since the forum is democratic let the majority win.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

I see SLS  name dragged into to this thread again !
Now I cannot keep shut after seeing all this.
Take it the right way or the wrong way will depend on your decency level.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

GENERAL NOTES :

1) Everyone should know

*   Nearly 300 shares  are listed at CSE.
  Yes all of them are game for trading at some point.
  It is obvious there are many traders/short term people here than investors.

* If you find short term entry and exit point,  YES you can make money out of ANY SHARE.  

* But like it or not , share markets factually are supposed to run on fundamental valuation though it may not appear such to many nowadays who don't care or are inexperienced or dejected on CSE.

* There are shares at CSE which has no real value even or are at artificial highs and should not be even listed at CSE. No one cares. But they can be money making vehicles if you play the game.  Yes.

* Hence some of the shares  are Death Traps artificially held up or manipulated at times.  ( like when ALUF was at Rs 50 , HEXP at Rs 90 , COCR at Rs70 and was pushed up in each case I warned )

* When  trading such,  few  may win if you play the game. But many  innocent will burn in dealing with such shares holding the baby at the top.

* So everyone should  use ones own judgement/ethics to figure  out which shares you should  make money out of and which  not to  (even if you can). I will leave the decision , ethics or karma for you to decide on.

NOTE:  I put time to give a  General factful  Message to public here.  EAST is not really in the terrible  category but also not in the best either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) On EAST :

It is my conscious duty to say my mind  on EAST behavior as it is appears unnatural now.

* When whole CSE is going down the hill ( btw at ASI 6127  I did warn on Be careful thread and else where),   isn't it interesting why EAST was pushed up so quickly even when a 12% dividend REG.N share is not reacting ??  

* I will not spend my time to make big posts on EAST studies as many don't care  to learn the depth.

* As this is about  Short Term trades to make money ... just be aware of the below  at this stage

Facts :  
-EAST was trading at Rs 12 one fine morning only few days ago.  
- There are many shares ( east was one of them  I guess), that can bounce backsooner than later when deeply in oversold territory ( for trades)
- But what happened for EAST is interesting.
 All morning EAST was selling at Rs 12. Suddenly all EAST shares from Rs 12-14 was bought by someone within few minutes. ( yes I kept watch that day)
- Even more interestingly it was pushed from Rs 12-14 with only 25000 shares !
( that less than Rs 3 laks do you believe !!!)
- Now I see a larger volume of trades happened yesterday at Rs 14+.
- Also a fact yesterday : there were more EAST  sales than buys  

*  So  what is really going on ? I don't know. No inside info I have.

a) is it  push and dump ( a short term death trap that can come soon)

b) maybe push for a right issue/private placement as YK indicated ( which is possible)

c) or is a gold mine uncovering on future Hotel value we don't know

d) or just harmless technical bounce back after major fall

If a share was Rs 50 and fallen to Rs 28 , at some point it is going to bounce back- whether it has value or no value.  But is it a good share to make money is a personal call and how far should one chase is another.

* Anyway from a fundamental analysis of the future EAST hotel , it too early to comment. Even a CITW a 5 star hotel  is struggling to break even after several years . So is BBH.

* You are free to trade or do anything.. but I did my part to say what I knew / felt on EAST as civic duty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3) My Post on Aluminium  

carries a much Deeper message I don't think many people understood.  

i)  I think warnings for public  should come at Promotion times when everyone is trying to push prices to dump on others    

ex :
ALUF was already at Rs 45-47  and trying to be pushed to Rs 50-55 to be dumped ( Now Rs 28). I did warn on ALUF at around Rs 45.    
PARQ was trying to be promoted to Rs 80 - Rs 100  . I did warn then and was attacked for doign such by gangs.
LALU was trying to be pushed to Rs 130-150
ALUM to Rs 27-30

So during the near short term peaks for these shares , where coincidently when Alumium world prices ( last August/Sept 2016) started going up, they were promoted by multiple parties/forums  with clear ( or not so clear) intention to be dumped later.

When I tried to make sense and warned using logic I was attacked saying  future for such shares is bright and am the bad egg  for stopping people from discussing/predicting on such when they were already at their peaks
( Err in reality actually many were just promoting  such to dump)
But people who warned such at the right time are the bad people. Nice Sri lanka.

ii)  Now many people who have dumped their shares  maybe waiting to collect the same shares lower again

Since some are  at 50% crash ( ex ALUF) ..  soon a BUYING time  for such ( atleast for trading) will come.  

Hope my Aluminum share message is now clear.
People who appreciate  what I tried to do then/now can/will do so and others naturally will find fault and attack. It your call . Not mine .I  did what I had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4) Observation on  "ET question" and many events that followed

I am not going to get into involved this ... but for human decency I raise below  

I see ET asked a question.
If one feels he did wrong asking a question , they can answer him directly/decently I presume. That called conversation.

I see already 5 people commented against ET .  ET is now by himself and hope I have no  objection to point out something which evaded everyone including administration.

Does anyone notice

i) ET has got 5 NEGATIVE REPS ( seems negative rep system is now enabled and "like" is gone )
ii) Also he got a lot of responses/opinions against his post

Questions to ask

a) Who and why did 5 people give ET negative reps for asking direct question?  Is there abusive language on it ? Is he such bad guy for asking questions ?

b) If you want to react / fight  ET ,   say it directly via answers . It think it is the better way.

c) Agree or disagree with ET is another matter. But   giving  5 negative reps behind the back  as Groups is questionable  as I don't really see how he committed the  crime of the century for asking  a question ( or giving opinion) ..

Also note :

When I made a very detailed time consuming  post on RWSL ( I do not still hold it),   I was surprised to see many negative views on RWSL. Yet RWSL  is as  of now a fundamental share.

But no matter what ,  I made sure I did not attack anyone who said negative stuff or questioned me on RWSL . I tried to answer  their concerns/ questions from what I knew.

No people GANGED  up to defend /support me either.
 https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1377p75-rwsl-what-do-you-think#79626

Something is not right here.
Though people appear to  fight for freedom here,  is it biased is a question.
If  Freedom is needed to to do anything you want or say , it should apply  to everyone in democratic forum.

~~~~~~~~~~

Btw get ready on CSE.

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I did not expect you in this hour SLS... its a timely appearance.

Thanks for taking time and post.

ET, never count + or - responses you get. Write .. Ask.. Inquire... this forum belongs to all

ET never get disheartened... majority ( often the mob) is always short sighted.

Jesus Christ was selected by the majority for crucifying but not Barabbas...

This is why even at UNO they have VETO which is utterly undemocratic..

Future had same response... anyone who swim against the tide will have tough time.

EAST take your own analyzed decisions... enough is discussed ...

To the majority...pls respect others who have opposing view of yours...
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:42 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It's very nice to see opposing views flowing without sling mud.

Throught this thread I tried to answer decently.When I was not clear about YK's post I asked a direct question from him and he answered nicely.I too appreciated it.

Let me quote some of the things to highlight what I was telling all this time.

slstock wrote:

2) On EAST :

It is  my conscious duty to say my mind  on EAST behavior as it is appears unnatural now.

* When whole CSE is going down the hill ( btw at ASI 6127  I did warn on Be careful thread and else where),   isn't it interesting why EAST was pushed up so quickly even when a 12% dividend REG.N share is not reacting ??  

* I will not spend my time to make big posts on EAST studies as many don't care  to learn the depth.

* As this is about  Short Term trades to make money ... just be aware of the below  at this stage

Facts :  
-EAST was trading at Rs 12 one fine morning only few days ago.  
- There are many shares ( east was one of them  I guess), that can bounce backsooner than later when deeply in oversold territory ( for trades)
- But what happened for EAST is interesting.
 All morning EAST was selling at Rs 12. Suddenly all EAST shares from Rs 12-14 was bought by someone within few minutes.  ( yes I kept watch that day)
- Even more interestingly it was pushed from Rs 12-14 with only 25000 shares !
( that less than Rs 3 laks do you believe !!!)
- Now I see a larger volume of trades happened yesterday at Rs 14+.
- Also a fact yesterday :  there were more EAST  sales than buys  

*  So  what is really going on ? I don't know. No inside info I have.

a) is it  push and dump ( a short term death trap that can come soon)

b) maybe push for a right issue/private placement as YK indicated ( which is possible)

c) or is a gold mine uncovering on future Hotel value we don't know

d) or just harmless technical bounce back after major fall

If a share was Rs 50 and fallen to Rs 28 , at some point it is going to bounce back- whether it has value or no value.  But is it a good share to make money is a personal call and how far should one chase is another.

*  Anyway from a fundamental analysis of the future EAST hotel , it too early to comment.  Even a CITW a 5 star hotel  is struggling to break even after several years . So is BBH.

* You are free to trade or do anything.. but I did my part to say what I knew / felt on EAST as civic duty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I too do not have any inside info.

I saw a possible reversal of EAST while screening charts,Then I did a study and post it here.
I do not know who bought it, but yesterday foreign activity shows foreign buying for the counter.I have no idea where it's going to land.

slstock wrote:

4) Observation on  "ET question" and many events that followed

I am not going to get into involved this ... but for human decency I raise below  

I see ET asked a question.
If one feels he did wrong asking a question , they can answer him directly/decently I presume. That called conversation.

This was ET's question,

Ethical Trader wrote:?Aren't  there any better/sound/safer shares in the CSE @ bargain prices than this one. Why should experts waste their time on this one?  

In this question I don't see he has asked any valid question on EAST.

If ET is not cleared about what I said he could have asked directly with quoting my post.Instead he asked Why should experts waste their time on this one?

That particular question does not direct the thread to a fruitful discussion.

This is my writing style.If it's wrong I'm the one should get it corrected.So please show me what I have done wrong in this thread.
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 am
See Path, pls understand that ET clearly has a problem. His method of asking questions instigate turmoils amongst members. He serves a purpose. He destroys threads and takes them to meaningless arguments.

ET thinks experts should always talk about shares that has a fundamental value. You talk about LWL, CIND, RCL, TYRE, and some other good shares, yet he do not come praise you. So let him solve his own problems and you do your work.

I see that Alchem has also spoken on being open on writing. That's his genuinity, greatness.... He understood the problem. As you have done nothing wrong asking others what you have done wrong is a way for them to find faults with you. Just becuz one person cannot understand the difference between trading and investment, we're wasting our time writing hell a load of paragraphs here.. Utter waste of time..

Next time, pls post a chart and elaborate on that. Then there'll be better understanding.

The biggest problem is we're divided. Some come here to find faults, some others come here when questioned. Another comes here for questioning only - they dont utter a single word about investment but questions.
So lets keep a track of different personalities.. Sometimes its fun Very Happy

Last edited by smallville on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
First Guy
First Guy

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am
ok, please let's stop debating this.

To answer ET, there was no particular reason that I posted on EAST. I followed up on the thread with what I saw.

Let's not sling mud or drag this out of topic.

On topic
1) JKH is one good share to trade recent times, does not mean it is a bad stock.
2) Director has bought EAST at up to 14/-, again it does not mean much.
3) The hotel will need miracle to post big profits and create value for EAST in short term.
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm
smallville wrote:

Next time, pls post a chart and elaborate on that. Then there'll be better understanding.

The biggest problem is we're divided. Some come here to find faults, some others come here when questioned. Another comes here for questioning only - they dont utter a single word about investment but questions.
So lets keep a track of different personalities.. Sometimes its fun Very Happy

Yes Small you are correct.

Next time I'll try to include a chart.

First Guy wrote:ok, please let's stop debating this.

Let's not sling mud or drag this out of topic.

Yes FG I'll stop this matter as there is nothing more to prove as it's clear what has happened.
I didn't want to drag the topic away from the main subject.But unnecessary questions prompted me to keep on writing as I have not done anything wrong to my conscious.

Some may categorized it as Ego.I do not bow my head to anybody if my conscious say I haven't done anything wrong.
I'm ready to correct my self if I'm wrong.I asked to point out if there is anything wrong in my post,Nobody pointed out such.
So I assume there was none and continue the same writing pattern.
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 pm
It's very sad that this thread was dragged away from main subject.

EAST crossed 10D SMA above downward and MACD shows negative crossing,RSI too moving downward direction.
Technically EAST can go for ST price correction.
Interested people can study charts and take decision.

EAST gave about 20% after my Tech call.
Wrote this for the courtesy of few decent people here.

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 08, 2017 9:47 pm
Just curious.
Can two persons with same level of competence  looking at the same technical charts give two different targets? Very Happy
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Just curious.
Can two persons with same level of competence  looking at the same technical charts give two different targets? Very Happy
I thought not to write anymore in this thread,but when a independent person like you asked a question one should reply.

Good question Kith
Different Tech people use different methods for their predictions
Giving targets by looking at same chart depends on individual's experience and knowledge.

In my experience giving exact price targets are very difficult,but if someone can develop a sharp eye he could identify reversals and decide buy sell points.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 am
Thanks Path.  Very Happy

(This could be one of the reasons why we have seen some Clash of Titans here lately).

Hope, you will keep posting in future despite the previous not so pleasant experiences here.

pathfinder wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Just curious.

I thought not to write anymore in this thread,but when a independent person like you asked a question one should reply.

Good question Kith
Different Tech people use different methods for their predictions
Giving targets by looking at same chart depends on individual's experience and knowledge.

In my experience giving exact price targets are very difficult,but if someone can develop a sharp eye he could identify reversals and decide buy sell points.
CK
CK

Tue May 09, 2017 8:13 am
Thanks path. Pls keep writing . Lots are learning and benifit from your analysis.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I am not mistaken EPF has invested in the Hotel Project of this company and has not earned a single cent as return for last four years.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:07 pm
Thanks.
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:11 pm
dhanurrox

Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:27 am
The Invisible
The Invisible

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 pm
Its interesting that this thread has not been updated for recent events. The investor attention on this stock is gaining momentum again on the eve of release of June quarter report.

Any body looks at the reason for another investor rush? Today alone 1.8mn or so shares traded at a high of 9.20 closing @ 9.

Below I have given three links which helps you to figure out a kind of report that we can expect by the end of this month or the beginning of the next month.

Sale of Weligama Hotel Properties
They have got close to 3bn as cash and 1.9bn as capital gains

AR 2017/18

Accounts 2018/19

As at 31st March 18 the Hotel segment has an asset value of 6.7bn , interest bearing borrowing of 4.3bn, current liabilities of 1.3bn and the rest by way of share capital & reserves.

As at 31st March 19 the EAST company NAV was around Rs 10/-.

Implications of the sale
1.8bn cash under current assets (3bn proceeds - 1.2bn dividend payment)

1bn remaining interest bearing borrowings after carve out of the hotel business. If we assume they have settled this in Apr - June from the excess cash of 1.8bn then the company will be a debt-free company with no finance cost pressure in the P&L

Capital gain of 1.9bn will add to reserves and will boost the NAV by Rs 13.5 making the NAV per share Rs 24/-

Further they will have around 0.8bn in cash and can invest to develop the other businesses or to generate interest income. Now the stock price is Rs 9/- and how much investors willing to offer for EAST stock considering all these developments.

This is open for the forum experts to articulate.
Beginner1

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am
One of my favorite share. Neutral
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 am

1)
This is NOT an "INVESTOR Rush" for EAST.

* This is a speculative trading rush EAST is renowned for time to time.
* If there was any true Investor he/she would have looked at it at
when it was trading around Rs 6-7 few weeks ago . Not at Rs 9.

2) Here is what happened since March.

* EAST was trading at around Rs 18 on speculation in March after lot of pushes.
* Much speculation on Hotel Sale and then trading  pumps was happening
  at various forum to push to Rs 25.
* I Warned not to over blow the price ( see below)
* Yes , Hotel Sale did happen.
* But EAST price did not rise again  as promoters said
* Actually price started falling to Rs 17 after the sale
* Then Rs 8.5 Dividend announced from capital gain.
* Instead of share price increasing ( after big dividend),
 Share further DROPPED to Rs 15 +  !!! ( after dividend announcement)
WHY?
* After dividend , EAST  was trading around Rs 6-7 until very recent !  
   No one talked about it.
* Now Trading interest  and  momentum  has built again on EAST
   Share went from Rs 7 to to Rs 9.2 .

LOOK GUYS.  
ONE CAN DO TRADES. NO PROBLEM.
EAST IS TRADER FAVORITE.
BUT LET'S BE REALISTIC.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Invisible,

I think you need to revisit all the below  calculation you made.

1)  Why  is  EAST  NAV Rs 10  in MArch?
    I see only Rs 4.06

2)

" 1.8bn cash under current assets (3bn proceeds - 1.2bn dividend payment)"

Is this accurate?

a) How much of  Weligama Hotel Properties does EAST own ?
b) How much was the investment value?
c) How much was the sale value ?
d) How much payment for dividend  already made ?

3) EAST NAV  will be of Rs 24 in June Quarter results ?
   You sure ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below  is what stated at BE CAREFUL thread when  was over blown last time.

a) Even after sale happening , did the EAST price go up
than my alerting price ( when it was around Rs 18 ?)
Nope.

b) There are Questions I asked about EAST and VALUE
before all this drama. No one answered then. See below   post.

slstock wrote:EAST WEST ( EAST.N) : FACTS + Maybe a warning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the truth/ knowledge seeking people  

I know some don't care for facts, truth and  knowledge.  
Their goals are different. So they will not value these posts.

But  I know  if these posts helps to  open eyes  of even one person who want to learn and prevent him/her from getting into to mess,  it would serve the effort put here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the People who want to do quick trades  

When I make a warning on a   false  moving share or share you Trade/d,
some of you can hate me for obvious reasons Wink
I also know you internally will never likes post like this.

But did you realize it is blessing in disguise????
These posts  could also be taken as strategy to do ANNA AND PANNA .

All these warning I make  are because

a) either I sense a game ( pump or dump)  is going to happen

b) game has happened and it can happen again

c) AND to reveal factual truths before the shareholder can get into big trouble

So post like this  can give opportunities for you to make quick money .

Ever thought about it?  
So why dislike  SLS warnings haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FACTS on EAST

1) EAST is a manipulator favorite share at CSE for a  very longtime.  Its share base and the ease of it to move on a simple or speculative news make it such.

~~~~~~~

2) News/ speculations, false valuations are time to time made public via media ( including  forums) to make this move to pump and dump.

So there were  lot of trading ops with EAST.  

~~~~~

3) Only last week,  EAST suddenly ( yet again)  moved 25+% in one day.

Why? ( Some will ask who cares , we made money. Hooray. Ok I know)

Was an amazing financial report coming ?
Is their Hotel going to be sold for Multi Billions making EAST shareholders so rich?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4)  REALITY !!!

Their financial report was released the same day evening .
SO A RUN BEFORE THE DUMP. YET ANOTHER CLEAR PUMP AND DUMP !

Some who had got the leaked news, had money to throw
around and  make a PUMP made millions  on the  head of the gullible retailers  

Yes Few won.   Some smaller retailer/traders would have joined the
train in the middle  to make quick trades/profit too.

But reality is many lost at these  Dumps. It happened through EAST history.  
CSE AUTHORITIES ARE SILENT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5)  Here is latest Fin the report

I highlight the latest results

1) EAST 9 month LOSS is Rs 1.168 billion.
    Negative eps for 9 months - Rs 6

2) NAV today is Rs 2.5 ( yes Rs 2.5) .
  I year ago NAV Rs  8.75 .
  What a mess!!

( I explained yet again  why  NAV is needed  in another thread - maybe LWL )

What going on here?
Still trading at Rs 15.8 now.  ( after dropping from  Rs 18+  after the pump )

~~~~~~~~~~~~

6) East made a CSE news release few days ago.
( after the pump and dump and financial report release)

SEE

READ.  
Ask yourself what is wrong with this news announcement.
Does it bother your logic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7) THERE IS ONE MAGIC  TRICK IN THEIR  BASKET STILL !!

It will make this share newsworthy for pumps and dumps
that can happen again.

Ah yes , the sale of Weligama Hotel to Singapore company!

2 things can happen

a) this sale will happen
b) this sale will not happen

Hey I am not going to do all the work.
Here is some homework.
I ask you learning oriented enthusiasts one question!

Question :

Even if this sale happens, how much can EAST earn really from the deal
( and how much can their NAV go up) ?

In essence I am asking the real market value of EAST  
compared to other companies in the property sector?  

Here is a going concern Auditor report to help you.
Read the middle page ( 1 page in the middle )

Let see whether anyone answers the real question?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTw, note , as long as EAST is trading , more games can be expected.

Whether it is
Pump to Rs 25
or is it a dump  to Rs ...
I don't know.

Let the market decide.

I am  just spending my time to help alert public on facts.

ps :  I did not trade with this share this time.   I have before.

The Invisible
The Invisible

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:50 am
Thanks SLS for the points highlighted. Lets discuss one by one.

The numbers were derived through a simulation exercise based on available financials and the 18th April announcement all of which were attached.

lets go one by one.
Cash of 3bn - As per the announcement Marriott has paid 2.8bn as sales value for 71% stake pluss Weligama hotel themselves paid another 0.2 bn to EAST as settlement of loan so altogether in April company has got 3bn cash (can be 100% in cash or a balance to be received which I dont know)

Dividend - they declared 8.5 per share for 138mn shares so they distributed 1.2 bn out of the sale proceeds. Meaning they should have left with 1.8bn excess cash to do something.

NAV - yes the NAV for group was 4 and for company was 10. According to my simulation exercise EAST has to report more or less their company results as group results because the hotel segment will no more. So group BS minus hotel BS has been simulated as EAST BS in June quarter so the starting NAV to be 10. And on top of that they need to report the capital gain on the sale which I estimate to take the NAV towards 24.

Then what do they do with excess cash of 1.8bn. When we minus hotel interest braring borrowings from group borrowings EAST will end up with another 1bn or so so logically they should settle this loan too and make the new BS debt free.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:01 am
Then need to add something on trading with EAST.

Yes I am too with the similar view of SLS on EAST where the stock is speculative as well as manipulative. The biggest manipulators are non other than the director board. When ever we see a run on EAST the next thing we see is announcement on director selling. So I am not surprised even in this time too if there is an announcement stating director sale @ 9 or so.

In conclusion traders have to know the personality of the stock before start trading and also should have an idea for the background of any speculation. Its a very highly tradable stock as well as highly manipulative stock so traders need to decide what kind of risk they are willing to take with this stock.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:13 am
The next point I was talking is the future of EAST though its too early. That was again a simulation after taking into account the available facts.

If we look at the segmental breakup it was the hotel segment that succed the group value and minus that the state of other businesses are just ok.

When the excess cash is utilised to repay remaining expensive money then they will have zero debt BS. Also they will have a cash balance to atlest invest in fixed income options to generate stable earnings similar to what CSD has done. Or else they can invest to expand existing segment or can go for new businesses.

Though this is a simulation of too early one sure thing is that wuthout hotel segment plus the cash they have got their p&l and the BS should look better in the quarters to come than the current seen numbers.

We will have a continued discussion on the same when we see their June report.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 am
Invi ,

*  Even after this hotel sale , the group own some other subsidiaries,
assets/liabilities. You will need to take Group NAV as far as am concerned.
   Not Company NAV.  

* Also I reiterate  what I already said on calculating the real gain
  and ultimate NAV of  EAST ( after dividend paid)

Will not  spend further time on this, other than considerable time
already taken to explain.  We will see the Quarter report soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw Invi, just curios is ID Braveheart known to you?

The Invisible wrote:Thanks SLS for the points highlighted. Lets discuss one by one.

The numbers were derived through a simulation exercise based on available financials and the 18th April announcement all of which were attached.

lets go one by one.
Cash of 3bn - As per the announcement Marriott has paid 2.8bn as sales value for 71% stake pluss Weligama hotel themselves paid another 0.2 bn to EAST as settlement of loan so altogether in April company has got 3bn cash (can be 100% in cash or a balance to be received which I dont know)

Dividend - they declared 8.5 per share for 138mn shares so they distributed 1.2 bn out of the sale proceeds. Meaning they should have left with 1.8bn excess cash to do something.

NAV - yes the NAV for group was 4 and for company was 10. According to my simulation exercise EAST has to report more or less their company results as group results because the hotel segment will no more. So group BS minus hotel BS has been simulated as EAST BS in June quarter so the starting NAV to be 10. And on top of that they need to report the capital gain on the sale which I estimate to take the NAV towards 24.

Then what do they do with excess cash of 1.8bn. When we minus hotel interest braring borrowings from group borrowings EAST will end up with another 1bn or so so logically they should settle this loan too and make the new BS debt free.
LSE
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am

EAST.N0000 as per the Interim Financial Statements as of 30th June 2019,

Net Assets Value Per share = 14.02
Earnings per Share = 11.74

Currently EAST is trading at 9.00

Any comments guys...? study
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Some quotes from Cash flow statements...

Proceeds from Disposal of  Subsidiary  Shares   2,387,361,690

Dividend  Payment                                            (1,175,040,000)

Lets wait for the next  quarter report and look at the EPS

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum