The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Dividend AnnouncementsYesterday at 7:19 pmAjithR
Tokyo CementYesterday at 9:42 amRajapaksap
Insider Dealings Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 ampjrngroup
UML United MotorsTue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 amThe Invisible
ExpolankaMon Nov 09, 2020 8:46 pmsmallville
Plantation Sector UpdatesSat Nov 07, 2020 8:15 amRajapaksap
HAYC - HaycarbFri Nov 06, 2020 12:11 pmsubash
LWL.N0000 (Lanka Walltiles PLC)Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 amsubash
CSE Daylight Robbery !Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 pmYin-Yang
Trading Journal Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:37 pmThe Invisible
AEL Access EngineeringTue Sep 15, 2020 7:24 pmsmallville
CFVF - First CapitalWed Sep 09, 2020 9:42 pmWonderer
Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 8718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 62
Location : රජ්ගම

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
ගුරුන්ට විතරක්නෙමේ බොම්බයිමොටේ කාරයන්ටත් එහෙනම් වරදිනවා  Very Happy
smallville wrote:
bonbon wrote:there is a rumor of a dividend around 1 rupee.
Usually their recent dividends had been Rs. 1.30/- per annum.
U can expect the announcement from 27-29 Jan

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
nis2008
nis2008
Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-05-28

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
එහෙනම් මේ අවුරුද්දේ 1.00+0.80=1.80 දේවි.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran
Posts : 6119
Join date : 2014-06-12

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:54 pm
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
If someone is looking at share for dividends , I think PINS.N will give better dividend % than TJL.




_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
nis2008
nis2008
Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-05-28

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:26 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
thank you sir for the info
avatar
Market lover
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 595
Join date : 2014-10-15

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:36 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Tks SLS Smile hope ur in gd shape Smile
nis2008
nis2008
Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-05-28

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:40 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT
02 February 2016
Date of Announcement: - 02.Feb.2016
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.60 per share / First Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2015/2016
XD: - 12.Feb.2016
Payment: - 24.Feb.2016
Share Transfer Book Open
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 8718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 62
Location : රජ්ගම

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:18 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks nis. Very Happy

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
nis2008
nis2008
Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-05-28

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:20 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Mr.Kithsiri, what is your opinion about dividend pay?, is it reasonable amount according to their earnings ?
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 8718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 62
Location : රජ්ගම

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yes. Very Happy
nis2008 wrote:Mr.Kithsiri, what is your opinion about dividend pay?, is it reasonable amount according to their earnings ?

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
avatar
bonbon
Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-04-29

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:28 pm
I told it is around 1 rupee. So from 60 seconds to 1.40 Rupees my prediction is valid.

Kohomada mage weda. Very Happy
avatar
LION
Posts : 69
Join date : 2015-02-17

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm
bonbon wrote:I told it is around 1 rupee. So from 60 seconds to 1.40 Rupees my prediction is valid.

Kohomada mage weda. Very Happy

next MGT
avatar
Rana
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 1786
Join date : 2015-12-16

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Interim Financial Statements - 31 March 2016

on Tue May 17, 2016 5:22 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
bonbon
Posts : 78
Join date : 2015-04-29

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 am
this time correct right ? Smile
First Guy
First Guy
Posts : 2544
Join date : 2014-02-22

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 8:23 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
P/E - 10.9x
P/B - 2.3x
DY - 4.5%
ROE - 24.5%

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

avatar
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 6812
Join date : 2014-03-27

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 8:31 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Thanks FG

It seems there is a seasonal factor with TJL and in every June profit comes down..
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 8718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 62
Location : රජ්ගම

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 8:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nice observation YK.
(What could be the reason for the dip? Any guess ?)

yellow knife wrote:Thanks FG
It seems there is a seasonal factor with TJL and in every June profit comes down..

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
avatar
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 6812
Join date : 2014-03-27

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 9:01 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
( Do I always have to be serious ? Kith  ) Very Happy

TJL is into underwears.  May be foreigners don't wear underweasr in the month of June...
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 8718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 62
Location : රජ්ගම

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 am
Thanks.  Very Happy
(I am Sarong clad villager and glad to know now even foreigners following our all year trends during their hot months. New Fad will not be good for the industry). Embarassed
yellow knife wrote:( Do I always have to be serious ? Kith  ) Very Happy
TJL is into underwears.  May be foreigners don't wear underweasr in the month of June...

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
avatar
Future123
Active Member
Active Member
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:03 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
GSP + is round the corner. This was very evident when looking at continuous foreign collection and recent collection by big funds. Further, Harsha is very optimistic in getting GSP + within a week.

TJL will benefit a lot out of this. Presently, TJL has to pay roughly 6% to 9% export tariff to the EU and this will be saved. This is going to be a huge bonus for TJL.

TJL reported Rs. 3.25 EPS for 2015/16 without GSP plus and with GSP plus, they can easily make it over Rs. 4.50. The dividend too will be increased proportionately and at least around Rs. 2.50. Therefore, the dividend yield will be around 6.6% at CMP.

Note: This is only my personal view and please do your analysis before making an investment decision.
avatar
Future123
Active Member
Active Member
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:47 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good performance by TJL. 93% increase in profit after tax. Keep going.........
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 3775
Join date : 2014-02-24

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Lankan apparel exporters see opportunity in Brexit

Capitalizing on Britain’s decision to quit the European Union (EU), Sri Lanka’s apparel exporters say Brexit might result in a level playing field as other exporting countries which currently enjoy duty-free access to the United Kingdom (UK) under GSP will also lose the facility when London walks out of the 28-nation bloc.“There is also an opportunity that I see from it (Brexit). If you take a country like Bangladesh, they have got GSP Plus and as a result they have duty free access but we don’t ... If Brexit happens, then we will be able to compete better,” said Noel Piyathilake, chairman of the Joint Apparel Association Forum (JAAF).Sri Lanka, which has been losing half a billion dollars since the withdrawal of GSP facility by EU in 2010 due to poor human rights violation in the wake of armed internal conflict, will be exposed to a level playing field as the GSP plus facility will not stand for exports to UK post Brexit, Piyathilake said.The Brexit will result in Sri Lanka having to negotiate a separate trade agreement with the UK and so would other exporting countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan and Myanmar, because GSP Plus concessions will cease to apply on exports to the UK, Piyathilake told a forum which discussed the impact of Brexit to Sri Lankan economy.

According to Sri Lanka’s Central Bank data, 29% of the country’s exports go to the EU and 34% of these reach UK. This is slightly less than 10 % of the island nation’s garment exports that are worth a little more than $ 1.0 billion. Apparel exports accounted for 46 % of total exports from Sri Lanka in 2015.Piyathilake said at least 18 % of global apparel exports go to the UK—the fifth largest economy in the world—hence the impact of Brexit would be felt deeply by the industry globally.
(Fashion2Fiber.com)
avatar
Future123
Active Member
Active Member
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:53 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
It's true Backstage. Brexit bought opportunities for Sri Lankan exports and we will have better trade agreements than Britain than some other countries.

TJL is like a tortoise. People will never feel that it's going up but it goes up.


Backstage wrote:Lankan apparel exporters see opportunity in Brexit

Capitalizing on Britain’s decision to quit the European Union (EU), Sri Lanka’s apparel exporters say Brexit might result in a level playing field as other exporting countries which currently enjoy duty-free access to the United Kingdom (UK) under GSP will also lose the facility when London walks out of the 28-nation bloc.“There is also an opportunity that I see from it (Brexit). If you take a country like Bangladesh, they have got GSP Plus and as a result they have duty free access but we don’t ... If Brexit happens, then we will be able to compete better,” said Noel Piyathilake, chairman of the Joint Apparel Association Forum (JAAF).Sri Lanka, which has been losing half a billion dollars since the withdrawal of GSP facility by EU in 2010 due to poor human rights violation in the wake of armed internal conflict, will be exposed to a level playing field as the GSP plus facility will not stand for exports to UK post Brexit, Piyathilake said.The Brexit will result in Sri Lanka having to negotiate a separate trade agreement with the UK and so would other exporting countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan and Myanmar, because GSP Plus concessions will cease to apply on exports to the UK, Piyathilake told a forum which discussed the impact of Brexit to Sri Lankan economy.

According to Sri Lanka’s Central Bank data, 29% of the country’s exports go to the EU and 34% of these reach UK. This is slightly less than 10 % of the island nation’s garment exports that are worth a little more than $ 1.0 billion. Apparel exports accounted for 46 % of total exports from Sri Lanka in 2015.Piyathilake said at least 18 % of global apparel exports go to the UK—the fifth largest economy in the world—hence the impact of Brexit would be felt deeply by the industry globally.
(Fashion2Fiber.com)
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 3775
Join date : 2014-02-24

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:52 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Future123 wrote:It's true Backstage. Brexit bought opportunities for Sri Lankan exports and we will have better trade agreements than Britain than some other countries.

TJL is like a tortoise. People will never feel that it's going up but it goes up.


Backstage wrote:Lankan apparel exporters see opportunity in Brexit

Capitalizing on Britain’s decision to quit the European Union (EU), Sri Lanka’s apparel exporters say Brexit might result in a level playing field as other exporting countries which currently enjoy duty-free access to the United Kingdom (UK) under GSP will also lose the facility when London walks out of the 28-nation bloc.“There is also an opportunity that I see from it (Brexit). If you take a country like Bangladesh, they have got GSP Plus and as a result they have duty free access but we don’t ... If Brexit happens, then we will be able to compete better,” said Noel Piyathilake, chairman of the Joint Apparel Association Forum (JAAF).Sri Lanka, which has been losing half a billion dollars since the withdrawal of GSP facility by EU in 2010 due to poor human rights violation in the wake of armed internal conflict, will be exposed to a level playing field as the GSP plus facility will not stand for exports to UK post Brexit, Piyathilake said.The Brexit will result in Sri Lanka having to negotiate a separate trade agreement with the UK and so would other exporting countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan and Myanmar, because GSP Plus concessions will cease to apply on exports to the UK, Piyathilake told a forum which discussed the impact of Brexit to Sri Lankan economy.

According to Sri Lanka’s Central Bank data, 29% of the country’s exports go to the EU and 34% of these reach UK. This is slightly less than 10 % of the island nation’s garment exports that are worth a little more than $ 1.0 billion. Apparel exports accounted for 46 % of total exports from Sri Lanka in 2015.Piyathilake said at least 18 % of global apparel exports go to the UK—the fifth largest economy in the world—hence the impact of Brexit would be felt deeply by the industry globally.
(Fashion2Fiber.com)

The first quarter is usually the weakest, last year the TJ management was targeting to change that, and have done so admirably well.
avatar
Future123
Active Member
Active Member
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:57 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Today up to 12.55 pm the collection is 8.1 million shares. Why do foreigners go crazy on TJL despite our experts warning against TJL. Difficult to understand.

For the past couple of months, TJL only has foreign inflows.
xmart
xmart
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 728
Join date : 2015-01-17

TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.) - Page 2 Empty Re: TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)

on Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
if you are holding this below 30, it is good to hold with the dividend but why anyone should jump to TJL at 38 when there are plenty of undervalued growth shares in the market?
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum