The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

The Lankan Investor Forum - A more respectable and reasonable place for members to discuss matters regarding the CSEThe Lankan Investor Forum - A more respectable and reasonable place for members to discuss matters regarding the CSE

Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting

Latest topics

» CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 am by Hawk Eye

» Sri Lanka plans to allow tourists from August, no mandatory quarantine
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 12:16 pm by lauryfriese

» When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Dividend Announcements
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීම
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» ඩොලර් මිලියනයක මුදල් සම්මානයක් සහ “ෆීල්ඩ්ස් පදක්කම” පිළිගැනීම ප්‍රතික්ෂේප කළ ගණිතඥයා
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 7:28 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 am by yellow knife

» Here's what blind prophet Baba Vanga predicted for 2016 and beyond: It's not good
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 am by HaeroMaero

» The Korean Way !
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» In the Meantime Within Our Shores!
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What is Known as Dementia?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What a Bank Run ?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pm by katesmith1304

» GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Cboe Volatility Index
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AHPL.N0000
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pm by yellow knife

» Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 am by yellow knife

» PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Bakery Products ?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Going South
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» When Seagulls Follow the Trawler
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Re-activating
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» අපි තමයි හොඳටම කරේ !
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:54 pm by ruwan326

» මේ අර් බුධය කිසිසේත්ම මා විසින් නිර්මාණය කල එකක් නොවේ
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 6:43 pm by ruwan326

» SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector Chart
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» WATA - Watawala
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» DV-2024 Program: Online Registration
RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) EmptyThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

+11
spw19721
Hawk Eye
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
chutiputha
Ethical Trader
Admin
First Guy
serene
Danidu
xmart
yellow knife
15 posters

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm

    Ceramic industry of Sri Lanka has become a Monopoly with interconnected tentacles of a octopus model .

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


    Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Standardised title)
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:29 pm

    Following chart of Net Assets Value shows the company values and not the Group.

    However the Market Value was subject to a bubble in 2011.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm

    Revenue and PAT of the group.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm

    EPS has grown in 2015

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:35 pm

    Net Assets and Market Value of the company

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:40 pm

    When we consider the company only , it shows that from 2011, performance has improved substantially and reaching a higher plateau...

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Thu May 05, 2016 5:47 pm

    PAT to Revenue percentage


    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    xmart
    xmart
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 732
    Join date : 2015-01-17

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by xmart Thu May 05, 2016 11:00 pm

    superb presentation again +++

    illustration of organisation structure was very good. RCL group is a worth investment. DP web has penetrated to all the sectors and they are well managed.
    avatar
    Danidu


    Posts : 264
    Join date : 2015-09-03
    Age : 43
    Location : Welisara

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Danidu Fri May 06, 2016 12:25 am

    Good one again, Thank you yellow knife for this.
    avatar
    serene
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 4850
    Join date : 2014-02-26

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by serene Fri May 06, 2016 5:14 am

    Thanks YK.
    Really appreciate your effort.
    First Guy
    First Guy


    Posts : 2599
    Join date : 2014-02-22

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by First Guy Fri May 06, 2016 7:24 am

    This is a massive thread started by path
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    RCL trades at 4.4x P/E and 1.0x P/B
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 am

    FG

    Please merge the two threads..
    avatar
    Admin
    Admin


    Posts : 565
    Join date : 2014-02-22

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Admin Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 am

    yellow knife wrote:FG

    Please merge the two threads..

    Your charts and content deserve a new thread. Let it be.

    I posted path's thread so others can refer for more info and past discussions
    Ethical Trader
    Ethical Trader
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 5568
    Join date : 2014-02-28

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Ethical Trader Fri May 06, 2016 10:43 am

    Another Good one YK. Continue the good work.
    chutiputha
    chutiputha
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2014-11-09
    Age : 38
    Location : SL

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by chutiputha Sat May 07, 2016 7:21 am

    It's what we should proud about our Man Mr.Dammika who is have good Monopoly in SL,otherwise some one will take over and make it worst,Siyarata De Sirisapa De..

    And Thank U YK Sir for ur good effort of analysing the whole things...Keep it up..
    ++++

    yellow knife wrote:Ceramic industry of Sri Lanka has become a Monopoly with interconnected tentacles of a octopus model .

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Ethical Trader
    Ethical Trader
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 5568
    Join date : 2014-02-28

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Ethical Trader Sat May 07, 2016 7:57 am

    Chuti, monopolies or cartels are not good to any country, big or small. If the country is small, monopolies would be able to control the governments too. Read the first post of YK to learn what a monopoly tried to do so in US. We need to learn a lesson from it.

    Its true, that Dammika is a good person but monopolies are bad by any standard.

    chutiputha wrote:It's what we should proud about our Man Mr.Dammika who is have good Monopoly in SL,otherwise some one will take over and make it worst,Siyarata De Sirisapa De..

    And Thank U YK Sir for ur good effort of analysing the whole things...Keep it up..
    ++++

    yellow knife wrote:Ceramic industry of Sri Lanka has become a Monopoly with interconnected tentacles of a octopus model .

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    chutiputha
    chutiputha
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2014-11-09
    Age : 38
    Location : SL

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by chutiputha Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 am

    Yah,But these companies under State man,that what i really wanned to notify..

    Ethical Trader wrote:Chuti, monopolies or cartels are not good to any country, big or small. If the country is small, monopolies would be able to control the governments too. Read the first post of YK to learn what a monopoly tried to do so in US. We need to learn a lesson from it.

    Its true, that Dammika is a good person but monopolies are bad by any standard.

       
    chutiputha wrote:It's what we should proud about our Man Mr.Dammika who is have good Monopoly in SL,otherwise some one will take over and make it worst,Siyarata De Sirisapa De..

    And Thank U YK Sir for ur good effort of analysing the whole things...Keep it up..
    ++++

    yellow knife wrote:Ceramic industry of Sri Lanka has become a Monopoly with interconnected tentacles of a octopus model .

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
    කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 9679
    Join date : 2014-02-23
    Age : 66
    Location : රජ්ගම

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා Sat May 07, 2016 9:03 am

    Once you have money, power comes along with it.
    Then anyone can re-write the history the way he or she wants it to be read. Very Happy
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Mon May 09, 2016 8:58 am

    chutiputha wrote:Yah,But these companies under State man,that what i really wanned to notify..

    Ethical Trader wrote:Chuti, monopolies or cartels are not good to any country, big or small. If the country is small, monopolies would be able to control the governments too. Read the first post of YK to learn what a monopoly tried to do so in US. We need to learn a lesson from it.

    Its true, that Dammika is a good person but monopolies are bad by any standard.

       
    chutiputha wrote:It's what we should proud about our Man Mr.Dammika who is have good Monopoly in SL,otherwise some one will take over and make it worst,Siyarata De Sirisapa De..

    And Thank U YK Sir for ur good effort of analysing the whole things...Keep it up..
    ++++

    yellow knife wrote:Ceramic industry of Sri Lanka has become a Monopoly with interconnected tentacles of a octopus model .

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



    Why not we have a separate thread to discuss on octopus style monopolies..

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Hawk Eye
    Hawk Eye


    Posts : 428
    Join date : 2014-03-11

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Hawk Eye Mon May 09, 2016 11:36 pm

    How is RCL performing in its core business.? It will reflect the actual position if you compare , when RCL makes an acquisitions and how it contributed towards RCL Revenue and PAT.

    I think RCL will have a bad time as the GOSL removed import tariff on Ceramic Tile in November 2o15. People have more option and you can see lot of cheap imported tile brands sold in market. Did anyone notice that Dammika Perera sold 483200 shares of RCL in November 2015. If Dammika sells being the owner and Director of the RCL soon after tariff removal, you can expect what next

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    If Swistek contributes hugely towards RCL Revenue and Profit on the otherhand if HORANA impacts  negatively on the same, common sense says to buy Swistek rather buying RCL or HORANA

    HE
    First Guy
    First Guy


    Posts : 2599
    Join date : 2014-02-22

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by First Guy Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 am

    Hawk Eye wrote:How is RCL performing in its core business.? It will reflect the actual position if you compare , when RCL makes an acquisitions and how it contributed towards RCL Revenue and PAT.

    I think RCL will have a bad time as the GOSL removed import tariff on Ceramic Tile in November 2o15. People have more option and you can see lot of cheap imported tile brands sold in market. Did anyone notice that Dammika Perera sold 483200 shares of RCL in November 2015. If Dammika sells being the owner and Director of the RCL soon after tariff removal, you can expect what next

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    If Swistek contributes hugely towards RCL Revenue and Profit on the otherhand if HORANA impacts  negatively on the same, common sense says to buy Swistek rather buying RCL or HORANA

    HE

    DP has not sold. It was Sampath Bank which has sold of which he is the Chairman. This kind of confusion happened when ASIY's parent was selling too.

    PARQ and HOPL have small impact on RCL compared to RCL's core business. LFIN also gives some benefit.

    I think all these concerns are now priced in. I think RCL may be able to continue decent profit levels for some time in the mid term.
    Hawk Eye
    Hawk Eye


    Posts : 428
    Join date : 2014-03-11

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by Hawk Eye Tue May 10, 2016 9:57 am

    First Guy wrote:
    Hawk Eye wrote:How is RCL performing in its core business.? It will reflect the actual position if you compare , when RCL makes an acquisitions and how it contributed towards RCL Revenue and PAT.

    I think RCL will have a bad time as the GOSL removed import tariff on Ceramic Tile in November 2o15. People have more option and you can see lot of cheap imported tile brands sold in market. Did anyone notice that Dammika Perera sold 483200 shares of RCL in November 2015. If Dammika sells being the owner and Director of the RCL soon after tariff removal, you can expect what next

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    If Swistek contributes hugely towards RCL Revenue and Profit on the otherhand if HORANA impacts  negatively on the same, common sense says to buy Swistek rather buying RCL or HORANA

    HE

    DP has not sold. It was Sampath Bank which has sold of which he is the Chairman. This kind of confusion happened when ASIY's parent was selling too.

    PARQ and HOPL have small impact on RCL compared to RCL's core business. LFIN also gives some benefit.

    I think all these concerns are now priced in. I think RCL may be able to continue decent profit levels for some time in the mid term.



    -PARQ & HORA is an example- I could have used some other example to explain the logic
    -I didnt notice SAMP - anyway the impact and the question remains the same whether its SAMP or DPP. Why should SAMP dispose?
    avatar
    yellow knife
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6980
    Join date : 2014-03-27

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by yellow knife Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:45 pm

    RCL the market leader in tile and bathware industry which entered the country's paint market five years ago, is planning to divest its paints manufacturing facility, making an exit from the business...

    The paint market, estimated to be over 15 million liters per annum is dominated by gloabla giant Akzo Nobel's brands Dulux, and Glidden in addition to Nippolac, Robbialac, Mulitlac and India's Asian Paints..

    Colorbrite which was the paint brand of RCL has been losing with no sign capturing the market share.

    Source : Mirror Business
    spw19721
    spw19721
    Active Member
    Active Member


    Posts : 683
    Join date : 2015-08-22

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by spw19721 Sun May 14, 2017 12:30 pm

    Are they going to declare the final dividend in this month?
    The Invisible
    The Invisible


    Posts : 3116
    Join date : 2016-11-28
    Age : 44

    RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC) Empty Re: RCL.N0000 (Royal Ceramics Lanka PLC)

    Post by The Invisible Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:29 am

    Seems like all are set for RCL to test three digit price in the coming days. So far solid journey from 75/- +.

      Current date/time is Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:48 am