The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

+15
malanp
serene
spw19721
PANTOMATH
Yin-Yang
Ethical Trader
Seyon
Defender
CK
ruwan326
nihal123
The Invisible
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
yellow knife
slstock
19 posters
Go down
The Invisible
The Invisible

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:42 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yin-Yang wrote:This is a good start; even if it sounds like a remote fantasy.

The country has been driven in very wrong directions.
We blame politicians for that and politicians blame other politicians...

In order to change that, somebody should start something with an honest heart.

This forum is a good place start some movement; it may be very minute at the beginning; but remember, massive trees are started with tiny seeds; Gigantic avalanches can start with a pebble.

Yes. Don't go too far but we have a similar example in our neighbor Pakistan. Imran Khan started the struggle 20 years later and faced many defeats, rejections as well but finally came to the place he fighted for. So why we cant now and there must be good harvests at the end of the investment period.
PANTOMATH
PANTOMATH

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:43 pm
Yes SLS will help you certainly,But what country needed is a attitude change.As YY said will start small and grow enough to make the change.

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  - Page 2 Viber_11

spw19721
spw19721

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:09 pm
Definitely count me in sir....we will vote you.

But... There is not much time left. 2020 is a tough target. But good start. May be 2025 can be achieved .

First of all Lets buy a media company to carry your message to the public...It is mandatory.
CK
CK

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm
sls are you serious??...We are really happy if you are serious .. flower
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm
100000%
malanp

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:37 am
There is no much of a difference if I vote for you or vote for Maithreepala Sirisena,,

on the paper both are saints, both never done a wrong , both never lied,both helped people their whole lives, and both wants to correct the wrong path of the country..

What they will do after elected is completely opposite of you say.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am
You speak the present truth ET. Do you want it to be also the future truth?
So are you going to vote for one with qualification in your list again?

Ethical Trader wrote:SLS. To be a successful politician in Sri Lanka, one need the following qualifications;

1) Ability to say lies.
2) A self made proven thug.
3) Take few lives for nothing.
4) Close connection with drug dealers but keep close connections with religious dignitaries.
5) Say one thing & do something else but still able to justify his doings.

You don't have any of these qualifications. Hence, you are not my choice SLS.

Last edited by slstock on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am
Past is a good indicator of what to come in Future. Very Happy
malanp wrote:There is no much of a difference if I vote for you or vote for Maithreepala Sirisena,,

on the paper both are saints, both never done a wrong , both never lied,both helped people their whole lives, and both wants to correct the wrong path of the country..

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:40 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
What a sad comment.  So you are comparing MS with me forgetting the past actions
but speculating on the future ? If so there is no one to trust in the world and no hope
for Sri Lanka.

I am sure now some people will give likes to you too.

malanp wrote:There is no much of a difference if I vote for you or vote for Maithreepala Sirisena,,

malanp

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 am
If you are such a good person, I wont be able to vote for you in presidency, because you will never be nominated by a political party, even for a municipal council,, you will not be able to get elected even at municipal election.. your own village people will reject you. So the voting at presidential election does not arise..

Our 20m donkeys are totally different form of creatures,,

slstock wrote:
What a sad comment.  So you are comparing MS with me forgetting the past
but based on the future? If so there is no one to trust in the world and no hope
for Sri Lanka.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 am
Whether I or whomever is a good person or not is upto another to decide by
not just what ones says but looking at what one has done/behaved in the past

Observing Past behavior over considerable time ( many years)   is usually a fair indicator to judge the future behavior

Ex: Did MR allow corruption, no Law and Order and less freedom of expression in the past? Why did he try to extend a 2 term Presidency for 3 Terms ( when most world leader gracefully step down/retire after service) . Has he got rid of  his old gang and his ways now after he admitted let corruption during his time?  If not  it good indicator that he is gong to do it again in the future!

Ex2 : For Ranil, it should have been the first warning when MS crossed over after eating Appa. Why? Can such a person do the same again ? Yes, It happened. He joined the same person without worry in 2018 he before said he would have put him 6 feet under the ground had he lost in 2015.

Ex 3:  The way Ranil acted  or protected the Bond Scam wrong doers  at Parliament (even before  a formal  inquiry was  done)  gave indication he was not going to bring the scammers to justice in the future. It never happened.  

Past/Present Behavior is fair indication ( not perfect) it will be  repeated in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of curiosity how old you are? Are you in your late 20s by chance.

malanp wrote:If you are such a good person, I wont be able to vote for you in presidency, because you will never be nominated by a political party,  even for a municipal council,, you will not be able to get elected even at municipal election.. your own village people will reject you. So the voting at presidential election does not arise..

slstock wrote:
but based on the future? If so there is no one to trust in the world and no hope
for Sri Lanka.

malanp

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:46 am
Number one crook always shows he is number one saint..and we fallan to trap..So how do i know you are same catagory..

MR had very good characteristics before he became president,, he hid all his bad qualities, or nobody exposed him..I came to know his unbelievable robbing of Fisheries Harbour corporation while he was the fishires minister as their Finance Manager was a friend of mine,, He fired him at last as my friend was not corpoating with him.. I did not believe at that time, I I thought my friend was inefficeint that is why he got fired.. after 10 years I realised who MR is and my friend was right..

I think Ranil is there only by one reason,, International world trust him as a reliable person.

He has some personal qualities of a western politician as not lying, do what he promised, not fallen to third grade tactics of grabbing power by hook or crook.. MR an MS are miles behind him on these qualities, and international world see he is the only politician they can trust in Sri Lanka to some extent.. others are totally untrustworthy

when it comes to believing ones own words, MS and MR are miles behind him..
I think his Colombo, high class upbringing made him a somewhat gentleman..MR and MS totally opposite,,

slstock wrote:Whether I or whomever is a good person or not is upto another to decide by

Observing Past behavior over considerable time ( many years)   is usually a fair indicator to judge the future behavior

Ex: Did MR allow corruption, no Law and Order and less freedom of expression in the past? Why did he try to extend a 2 term Presidency for 3 Terms ( when most world leader gracefully step down/retire after service) . Has he got rid of  his old gang and his ways now after he admitted let corruption during his time?  If not  it good indicator that he is gong to do it again in the future!

Ex2 : For Ranil, it should have been the first warning when MS crossed over after eating Appa. Why? Can such a person do the same again ? Yes, It happened. He joined the same person without worry in 2018 he before said he would have put him  6 feet under the ground had he lost in 2015.  

Ex 3:  The way Ranil acted  or protected the Bond Scam wrong doers  at Parliament (even before  a formal  inquiry was  done)  gave indication he was not going to bring the scammers to justice in the future. It never happened.  

Past/Present Behavior is fair indication ( not perfect) it will be  repeated in the future.

malanp wrote:If you are such a good person, I wont be able to vote for you in presidency, because you will never be nominated by a political party,  even for a municipal council,, you will not be able to get elected even at municipal election.. your own village people will reject you. So the voting at presidential election does not arise..

slstock wrote:
for Sri Lanka.

Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:59 am
I am always with people of your caliber but wanted to highlight the type of cesspit now we are in as my initial contribution. Will come back when time permits.
The Invisible wrote:
Ethical Trader wrote:SLS. To be a successful politician in Sri Lanka, one need the following qualifications;

1) Ability to say lies.
4) Close connection with drug dealers but keep close connections with religious dignitaries.

You are spot-on on today's politician in SL but certainly not for the one that we need to see 20 years from now on behalf of our children. In order to create that politician in 20 years from now we need to have the kind of people entering from now onwards.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:04 am
"how do i know you are same catagory.."

1)  I have already given a reply to your  answer

2) You obviously have not read my original post  or known me long enough.
  Else you would not ask this question again even after I replied.  

3) You have mentioned some good qualities of Ranil below and obvious you like him. When it comes to Ranil you have  answered your own  question "how do i know you are same catagory.." . So you can now use part of your same judgements for others.

Else you are contradicting yourself asking the   question " "how do i know you are same catagory.." You have already done it for Ranil.  

Btw,  if you say Ranil is a saint and no one used the word Crook againt him , well I got news for you.  Just ask so many who will oppose you and why they oppose you.

Btw yes I think Ranil is more of  Gentleman Stateman in certain behaviors than others.
Due to same , some of his qualities International people like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started the  below thread to know what principles , mottos , judgement rules people follow. Do you have any?

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t11018-what-mottos-principles-do-you-follow-in-life#92342

malanp wrote:Number one crook always shows he is number one saint..and we fallan to trap..So how do i know you are same catagory..

I think Ranil is there only by one reason,, International world trust him as a reliable person.

He has some personal qualities of a western politician as not lying, do what he promised, not fallen to third grade tactics of grabbing power by hook or crook.. MR an MS are miles behind him on these qualities, and international world see he is the only politician they can trust in Sri Lanka to some extent.. others are totally untrustworthy

when it comes to believing ones own words, MS and MR are miles behind him..
I think his Colombo, high class upbringing made him a somewhat gentleman..MR and MS totally opposite,,

slstock wrote:Whether I or whomever is a good person or not is upto another to decide by

Ex2 : For Ranil, it should have been the first warning when MS crossed over after eating Appa. Why? Can such a person do the same again ? Yes, It happened. He joined the same person without worry in 2018 he before said he would have put him  6 feet under the ground had he lost in 2015.  

slstock wrote:
for Sri Lanka.

CK
CK

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:14 am
Malanp what you think about bond scam and RW behavior after that?..
(To me all are crooks MR, MS, RW, Etc. But only for one reason I prefer MR because he killed the terrorist Prabakaran and end the war. But for some people, Prabakaran is a hero and therefore they hate MR.)
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:16 am
I just wanted to show the reality at present, with a rude statement, but its the truth on the ground.

If a good one with professional qualifications and good character wants to win the presidential election he should obtain the permission from one of the leading political parties which can produce presidents in this country.

Any other political party (however much they talk big with clean sheet etc.,) can not produce presidents as more than 70% of our voters are married to major political parties.

The list of qualifications I jotted down represents the criteria used to select the presidential candidates in those parties.

Therefore, we all need to cleanse the two main political parties before we venture to contest the election. Their thinking need to be reversed first, as they would never allow you to contest the election under their banner with the current selection criteria.

Until such time, you & me will be compelled to vote for the candidate of their choice or abstain from voting.

slstock wrote:You speak the present truth ET. Do you want it to be also the future truth?
So are you going to vote for one with qualification in your list again?

1) Ability to say lies.

malanp

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am
Sls

I dont say Ranil is a gentleman or I will vote him,, I said that is how the International world sees him, US, India,Uk and EU..They want a trustworthy person and unfortunately we could not produce a single politician , only close person is Ranil.

Just for a question, Do you think Narendra Modi will do to India what MS did to Sri Lanka????? Never. So even south asian standard Sri Lanka is far behind..

so will ever an outside political decision maker will rely on a word of our president or PM in thier calculations?? make a political decision????? I dont think so.. And Sri Lanka is heavyly depends on their political decisions and calculations..

I got to go now,, see you later..
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 am
This post was not to talk about RW,MS, MR .

I also recall once you asked whom to vote in 2020 as everyone is corrupt? I gave reply. Now , I have given you an option .

Anyway , for what it matter as an answer to my question, I guess I can  count you out for a Vote for me right now. Easy peasy no worries.

I only took all time to converse with you, possibly a young man in late 20s.
for a constructive reason.  ( party due to previous discussion we had saying we have no one to vote )

Have a nice day

malanp wrote:Sls

I dont say Ranil is a gentleman or I will vote him,, I said that is how the International world sees him, US, India,Uk and EU..They want a trustworthy person and unfortunately we could not produce a single politician , only close person is Ranil.

Just for a question, Do you think Narendra Modi will do to India what MS did to Sri Lanka????? Never. So even south asian standard Sri Lanka is far behind..

so will ever an outside political decision maker will rely on a word of our president or PM in thier calculations?? make a political decision????? I dont think so.. And Sri Lanka is heavyly depends on their political decisions and calculations..

I got to go now,, see you later..

Last edited by slstock on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Invisible
The Invisible

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:46 am
Well guys and SLS, The world is not going to end after 2020, just remember it as the first.

The second is that any new thinking cant be up strait away under the current political context. If we want to make our view happen then we need to inject sufficient time as well. That is second.

The third is irrespective of the person we can sell a suitable, appropriate and workable work plan to the society. When the public embrace it they will support the person/group that backed it. That is how MS came up. That is third.

The fourth and final is if we start something good with good motive and the betterment of society then we must be able to stick with it until we reach our destination no matter how long or how hard it will be. We just live with it so be prepared to fight for long not just to get it over the line in couple of years time.

With that I am happy to say that I am beginning to prepare a work plan that will address the key issues our motherland is facing and the hurdles we need to be cleared if we want to reach a developed nation statues with over USD 10,000 per capita GDP.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 am
Invisible.

You are relatively new to this forum. But as mentioned before, I see you have talent and insight. As a start to know you better I like to know you more by your  personal  life Principles / Mottos you follow. There is thread were you can express it. It may be  beneficial for society too.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:58 pm
Hey, forgot to mention.

Few years ago, a CSE related forum had an election for the presidency. There was a very exciting voting process.

Any of you guys know who was elected as President there?
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Jiggysaurus
pjrngroup

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:37 pm
Yes definitely SLS.
mymoney

Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:56 pm
a) stand against corruption, instill law and order , and make educated and ethical people part of Parliament and head of state enterprises.
b) I will not tolerate a spitted Sri Lanka but only a united one with All races and religions living in harmony.
c) I promise to preserve the Sinhala Buddhist majority their heritage
d) I also promise to respect and recognize all other religions and races to have freedom and recognition they deserve on merit and as free and law abiding citizens of Sri Lanka.

Why do I oppose you if you can deliver above things ?
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm
Of course SLS, there are few people who could pass the criteria/test (you outlined when you announced your candidature ship) in some of the main political parties.

Take for example Karu in the UNP. The leadership will never allow him to contest because he has not passed the criteria outlined by me. Of course, he could easily pass your criteria/test.

Another example was Kobbakaduwa in the SLFP who was allowed to contest but did not get the wholehearted support from the seniors. ?Why he did not get the support of seniors. May be pure jealousy as seniors thought its their territory no one could trespass. Its simple as that. Had he was able to throw money left & right by hook or crook he could have won the election. Who has such money other than drug dealers? Hence, even if you were lucky to get the ticket from the party you have to make a deal with wealthy crooks. (To be continued)
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum