The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Easter Sunday Attack and Sri Lanka
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyToday at 12:49 pm by Ethical Trader

» Dividend Announcement
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyYesterday at 6:22 pm by Rana

» Trading Journal
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyYesterday at 9:01 am by CK

» Thought for the day...
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 5:44 pm by sashimaal

» Performance of the Market-Weekly
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 pm by ruwan326

» කැසිනෝ ව්‍යාපාරික රවී විජේරත්න, අර්බුදයට පත් MTD Walkers මිල දී ගැනීමට සැරසෙයි
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 7:47 pm by nihal123

» Happy Birthday
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 10:54 am by nuwanmja

»  Rajgama Heroes !
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 10:24 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Yahoo mail
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm by Rana

» Thread for News on International Markets
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 9:50 am by The Invisible

» JINS.N0000 ( Janashakthi Insurance PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 9:47 am by The Invisible

» Browns Investments update
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 6:00 am by sanjulanka

» Hayleys MGT
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 5:55 am by The Invisible

» SEYB.N0000 ( SEYLAN BANK PLC )
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm by soileconomy

» Tourism Sector
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 pm by NIRMALSG

» CLND Not to miss
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 pm by sureshot

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 6:35 pm by NIRMALSG

» TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 6:12 pm by Ethical Trader

» UBC Union Bank of Colombo
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 12:09 pm by The Invisible

» Obituary Notice.
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 10:34 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 5:13 pm by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka bank profitability under pressure: Moody’s
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 8:44 am by The Invisible

» ‘වැඩකාරයාගේ නමත් සිරිසේන’ කියලා හිනාවුණා
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 4:05 pm by sanjulanka

» 8000 Post Club | Celebration of a Great Milestone කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» In the Meantime, Within Our Shores !
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 10:37 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Sri Lanka to call for bids to develop Mannar Basin natural gas find
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 4:32 pm by nuwanmja

» “බිරිඳගේ සහ පෙම්වතියගේ වෙනස මොකක්ද?”
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 pm by sanjulanka

» The Central Bank of Sri Lanka Reduces its Policy Interest Rates
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 4:26 am by Ethical Trader

» JKH - 155/00 Breakout is pending
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 2:21 pm by pjrngroup

» Tokyo as at 21.08.2019 Morning
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:07 am by nisashi

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 pm by ruwan326

» What Would You Do?
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Back of the Legends
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 10:13 am by Topcat

» NTB.N0000 (NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm by lanka

» Melstacorp (MELS)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 pm by The Invisible

» Cargills (CARG)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:26 pm by The Invisible

» DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm by The Invisible

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm by The Invisible

» SAMP.N0000 (SAMPATH BANK PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 12:44 pm by nuwanmja

» CFVF - First Capital
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 am by CK

» Ceylinco Insurance CINS
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am by The Invisible

» HNB.N0000 ( Hatton National Bank PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am by The Invisible

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 am by The Invisible

» LIOC.N0000 (Lanka IOC PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm by xmart

» HAYL.N0000 Hayleys PLC
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:43 pm by CK

» PABC.N0000 (Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC)
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm by The Invisible

» Grain Elevators
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:31 pm by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka sets US$3.5bn tea export target for 2030
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm by The Invisible

» Tea: July 2019 national average shows gains month on month
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:19 pm by Topcat

» OSEA .N
What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm by The Invisible

September 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?

Go down

What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  Empty What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?

Post by slstock on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:25 am

What principles/mottos do you follow in life?  I will give start with few of mine.  

1)  Its better to trust an Enemy who talks directly/honestly with you (to solve an issue)    but not  a   "Friend" who  backstabs.

2) Look for people who maintains Principles and Consistency
    ( rarely change them unless  a drastic need or change in circumstances)  

3) Making a mistake is human. Forgive them. Making 2 is still human. Forgive them .
    If someone knowingly/cunningly keep making the same ... then it is not a matter of     forgiving  anymore  but your Stupidity.

4)   Not to trust a person who keeps Multi alliances  ( one foot on one side and another
     on the other) . Easy example : Politicians

5) Look for people who are open,  honest and direct. Most  time they the few who makes the world better place to live.

I can write more , but will leave you"ll to give yours.

Last edited by slstock on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  Empty Re: What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?

Post by yellow knife on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:40 am

Well my principles are very simple

1. If you say Yeah, that's yeah if you say Nay that's nay

2. Concentrate more of a good of a person than bad.

3. Neither back-stab nor stab ( attacking mode is off).

4. Speak only truth and when its difficult prefer to be silent than lying.

5. When above 3 is not valid declare and fight.

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?  Empty Re: What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?

Post by slstock on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:36 am

Glad to know atleast 1 person ( so far) follow some Motto/Principles in life.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Seyon on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:18 pm

My Principles are;

try to be honest- sometime cannot follow under certain circumstances.

When someone says or throw their words badly ignore it even if you right. it is working in my real life.

I try to be good with everyone as the life is limited for 40 - 50 years ( after our childhood) but sometime it does not happen

Seyon
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi,

I have very simple three things in my life which made me what I am now.

Here are those for anyone who would like to follow.

1) Always accept that you know only 5% of the things you are supposed to know and therefore keep on searching/learning

2) Always do your work/serve the others (including your loved ones) expecting nothing in return ( including love, care, rewards, promotions, recognition, etc) so that there is no way that you get dissatisfied or walk away with a broken heart

3) Always try to do correct thing after thinking logically and if there is anything that you can't decide logically then always trust what your heart is saying because I believe that is where God is living in you.

Good luck guys.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Back to top Go down

Post by serene on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:47 pm

(1).Be Honest no matter what.
(2).Never Lie to Achieve something.
(3).Unconditional Love.
(4).Do whatever which makes happy my parents ( at any cost )
(5).Compassion & empathy who are in need.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CK on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:48 pm

My motto is not talk about myself too much.
CK
CK

Back to top Go down

Post by PANTOMATH on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:22 pm

1.)Be honest
2.)Help people without expecting anything in return
3.)Do no harm If I can not help
PANTOMATH
PANTOMATH

Back to top Go down

Post by slstock on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 am

Glad to see many people who replied ( who follow principles ) commonly carry "Be  honest" notion.  I understand no one is 100% honest including myself , but to declare and try to be such 90% of the time atleast makes a huge difference. ( Hoping everyone practices it most of the time)

The greatest difference I noticed with normal folk in western country and Sri Lanka ( actually most asians)  is with fact of Honesty/Genuineness in what they say and do.

Sometimes I wonder whether the fear or wrath of someone ( maybe God) helps to make a difference?

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by serene on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:52 am

slstock wrote:Glad to see many people who replied ( who follow principles )  commonly carry "Be  honest" notion.  I understand no one is 100% honest including myself , but to declare  and try to be such 90% of the time atleast makes a huge difference. ( Hoping everyone practices it most of the time)

The greatest difference I noticed with normal folk in western country and Sri Lanka ( actually most asians)  is with fact of Honesty/Genuineness in what they say and do.

Sometimes I wonder  whether the fear or wrath of someone ( maybe God)  helps to make a difference?

SLS do you mean to say that western people are more honest than Asians right.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by slstock on Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 am

serene wrote:
slstock wrote:Glad to see many people who replied ( who follow principles )  commonly carry "Be  honest" notion.  I understand no one is 100% honest including myself , but to declare  and try to be such 90% of the time atleast makes a huge difference. ( Hoping everyone practices it most of the time)

Sometimes I wonder  whether the fear or wrath of someone ( maybe God)  helps to make a difference?

Yes by far.
I am not talking about western politicos of certain countries who seems to be worse liers than Asians.

I am referring to the general public if we take a good sample.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by serene on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:04 am

slstock wrote:
serene wrote:

Yes by far.
I am not talking about western politicos of certain countries who seems to be worse liers  than Asians.

I am referring to the general public if we take a good sample.  
Yap.Easily.
There won't be politicians who jump across either side three times with 24 hours.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seyon on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm

serene wrote:.
(4).Do whatever which makes happy my parents ( at any cost )

Good One serene,

I am also on same principles, I couldn't do much to my father, he passed away when i started earnings, now mama is with me... very happy for looking after her

Seyon
Top contributor
Top contributor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum