The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dividend Announcement
PINS.N  EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by nihal123

» What Would You Do?
PINS.N  EmptyYesterday at 1:02 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Back of the Legends
PINS.N  EmptyYesterday at 10:13 am by Topcat

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
PINS.N  EmptyYesterday at 7:14 am by ruwan326

» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
PINS.N  EmptyYesterday at 6:32 am by ruwan326

» Browns Investments update
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 10:41 pm by lanka

» NTB.N0000 (NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC)
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 10:33 pm by lanka

» Melstacorp (MELS)
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 pm by The Invisible

» Cargills (CARG)
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:26 pm by The Invisible

» DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm by The Invisible

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm by The Invisible

» SAMP.N0000 (SAMPATH BANK PLC)
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 12:44 pm by nuwanmja

» Hayleys MGT
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm by ruwan326

» CFVF - First Capital
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 am by CK

» JINS.N0000 ( Janashakthi Insurance PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 4:57 pm by The Invisible

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am by The Invisible

» Ceylinco Insurance CINS
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 am by The Invisible

» HNB.N0000 ( Hatton National Bank PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am by The Invisible

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 am by The Invisible

» Tourism Sector
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 4:55 am by NIRMALSG

» LIOC.N0000 (Lanka IOC PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm by xmart

» HAYL.N0000 Hayleys PLC
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:43 pm by CK

» PABC.N0000 (Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 pm by The Invisible

» Grain Elevators
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:31 pm by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka sets US$3.5bn tea export target for 2030
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm by The Invisible

» Tea: July 2019 national average shows gains month on month
PINS.N  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:19 pm by Topcat

» OSEA .N
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka mulls reforms to punish 'errant' plantation companies
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 pm by The Invisible

» JKH.N0000
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 am by The Invisible

» HHL.N0000 ( Hemas Holdings PLC)
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 am by The Invisible

» Nestle NEST
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 10:28 am by The Invisible

» Ceylon Tobacco CTC
PINS.N  EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 10:26 am by The Invisible

» Volkswagen කතාවේ ඇත්ත තත්ත්වය මෙහෙමයි.
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:37 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» LLUB.N0000 (CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 5:07 pm by Ethical Trader

» VFIN - where the journey leads it?
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 9:21 am by ruwan326

» UAL.N0000 ( UNION ASSURANCE PLC )
PINS.N  EmptyFri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 am by ruwan326

» SPEN.N0000
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:20 pm by The Invisible

» Lanka Tiles
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 10:15 pm by The Invisible

» Expolanka
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:28 pm by ruwan326

» Tile - Snapshot
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 11:37 am by mymoney

» DPL.N0000 (Dankotuwa Porcelain PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 11:31 am by mymoney

» නිරුවත
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 9:36 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» HAYC - Haycarb
PINS.N  EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 7:32 am by Beta

» WATA - Watawala
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 pm by lanka

» Chemanex
PINS.N  EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 am by The Invisible

» East West properties
PINS.N  EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 am by slstock

» CSE Market Wrap - 02.08.2019
PINS.N  EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 6:59 am by pjrngroup

» Kandy Hotels
PINS.N  EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 am by pjrngroup

» GLAS.N0000 (PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC)
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 pm by The Invisible

» 1000 Post Club | Celebration of a Great Milestone
PINS.N  EmptyMon Aug 05, 2019 6:25 pm by pathfinder

August 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

PINS.N

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PINS.N  Empty PINS.N

Post by BnP on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Company profit and last year EPS= 7.5 but it was split 2 shares as 5, So current EPS= (2*7.5)/5=3

So I think good for buy under 15rs (
Any idea???

BnP

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-12-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by yellow knife on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:14 am

Agree with you....My recommendation buy even at 15

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6392
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by HUNTER on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 am

PINS.N symbol is not available in DirectFN (asha Phillips).

Anyone had a similar issue?

HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2014-07-14

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by nis2008 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

PINS.N0000 is available AP DFN
HUNTER wrote:PINS.N symbol is not available in DirectFN (asha Phillips).

Anyone had a similar issue?

nis2008
nis2008

Posts : 283
Join date : 2015-05-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by HUNTER on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:50 am

nis2008 wrote:PINS.N0000 is available AP DFN
HUNTER wrote:PINS.N symbol is not available in DirectFN (asha Phillips).

Anyone had a similar issue?


Thanks. Now it's working.
(had to manually pull it)
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2014-07-14

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Future123 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:21 am

Any idea about it's financials such as EPS, NAV, PE post listing.........

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by BnP on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:01 am

Future123 wrote:Any idea about it's financials such as EPS, NAV, PE post listing.........

EPS around 3 , and NAV around 17 .... My opinion is under 18 rs is very best price, I think it will pass 20 rs very soon

BnP

Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-12-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by WasteofTime on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:44 am

This is the only one  to hold the ipo price  in recent past after listing. Is this  good for short term/ Long term?
WasteofTime
WasteofTime

Posts : 271
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Danidu on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Future123 wrote:Any idea about it's financials such as EPS, NAV, PE post listing.........
Attachments
PINS.N  Attachment
PIL IPO Report.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(402 Kb) Downloaded 22 times

Danidu

Posts : 249
Join date : 2015-09-03
Age : 38
Location : Welisara

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by AjithR on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:52 am

Thank you Danidu,
AjithR
AjithR

Posts : 267
Join date : 2014-09-15

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by blacknights on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:46 am

BnP wrote:
Future123 wrote:Any idea about it's financials such as EPS, NAV, PE post listing.........

EPS around 3 , and NAV around 17 ....  My opinion is under 18 rs is very best price, I think it will pass 20 rs very soon

As of the IPO report shared by Danidu, Post IPO EPS(E) is 2.16 and NAV(E) is 11.27.
(We can expect a dividend around Rs 1 - 1.2)
blacknights
blacknights

Posts : 257
Join date : 2014-08-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by slstock on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:55 pm

1) On jan 25th

when PINS.N price was around rs 15 said below

"If someone is looking at share for dividends , I think PINS.N will give better dividend % than TJL."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


2) Not sure who read, but I gave hint on PINS again in the below thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today PINS is Rs 17.2. If someone by chance bought PINS when I first said, they have 15% profit now.

I never held PINS as I had no money though I could have bought at Rs 15 if I had. Just gave the benefit of analysis to public.

Don't chase this now when ever the dividend comes. I see some players have got into this now and may promote to unrealistic short term values. ( like Rs 25 etc).
However PINS maybe a good fundamental share for medium term. Awaiting to Dec results to analyze more.

I did my service early.

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5659
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Ethical Trader on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks SLS. I saw your comment earlier had money too but not in a mood to buy given the sub-dude market conditions.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5432
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Danidu on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Thank you for earlier hint. I bought reasonable qty at 15/= and sold some last Friday. I am keeping some qty and thinking for LT but no idea. ? You are very kind !

Danidu

Posts : 249
Join date : 2015-09-03
Age : 38
Location : Welisara

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by dhanurrox on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:25 pm

here comes PLC with great results.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dhanurrox

Posts : 580
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by slstock on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:57 pm

PINS seems to give 2 dividends per year.
So best not expect a very big one right now if they decide to give the 2nd.
( if they continue the tradition to give 2 per year).


So far for PINS earnings this year have not been super ( upto now) compared to last year growth. So a lot will depend on the earnings they show in Dec quarter ( usually this one gives more profit so best to watch the results how they perform)

I feel at Rs 17 PINS is trading at fair value compared to similar in the sector. So best not expect magic runs ( to Rs 25) as some may predict . Anything after Rs 20 will be too much . Rs 17 is okay price. Rs 15 is good price.

There is another very interesting share in the sector. Could get more interesting than PINS Wink Enough said for now I think


slstock wrote:1) On jan 25th

when PINS.N price was around rs 15 said below

"If someone is looking at share for dividends , I think PINS.N will give better dividend % than TJL."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


2) Not sure who read, but I gave hint on PINS again in the below thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today PINS is Rs 17.2. If someone by chance bought PINS when I first said, they have 15% profit now.

I never held PINS as I had no money though I could have bought at Rs 15 if I had. Just gave the benefit of analysis to public.

Don't chase this now when ever the dividend comes. I see some players have got into this now and may promote to unrealistic short term values. ( like Rs 25 etc).
However PINS maybe a good fundamental share for medium term. Awaiting to Dec results to analyze more.

I did my service early.


Last edited by slstock on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5659
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by yellow knife on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:26 pm

thanx SLS

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6392
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Backstage on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:45 pm

SLS, I forgive your CINS, for keeping us on PINS.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 3412
Join date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by Danidu on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks you sir for your valuable comments.

Danidu

Posts : 249
Join date : 2015-09-03
Age : 38
Location : Welisara

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by blacknights on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:24 pm

slstock wrote:PINS seems to give 2 dividends per year.
So  best not expect a very big one right now  if they decide to give the 2nd.
( if they continue the tradition to give 2 per year).


So far for PINS earnings  this year have not been super  ( upto now) compared to last year growth.  So a lot will depend  on the earnings they show in Dec quarter ( usually this one gives more profit so best to watch the results how they perform)

I feel at Rs 17 PINS is trading at fair value compared to similar in the sector.  So best not expect magic runs ( to Rs 25) as some may predict . Anything after Rs 20 will be too much . Rs 17 is okay price. Rs 15 is good price.

There is another very interesting share in the sector. Could get more interesting than PINS Wink   Enough said for now I think


slstock wrote:1) On jan 25th

when PINS.N price was around rs 15 said below

"If someone is looking at share for dividends , I think PINS.N will give better dividend % than TJL."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


2) Not sure who read, but I gave hint on PINS again in the below thread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today PINS is Rs 17.2.  If someone by chance bought PINS when I first said, they have 15% profit now.

I never held PINS as I had no money though I could have bought at Rs 15 if I had. Just gave the benefit of analysis to public.

Don't chase this now when ever the dividend comes. I see some players  have got into this  now and may promote to unrealistic short term values. ( like Rs 25 etc).
However PINS maybe a good fundamental share for medium term. Awaiting to Dec results to analyze more.

I did my service  early.

Thank you SLS.

I hope I'm following the other share you mentioned. Did load a small quantity during this down trend (buying for long term). But couldn't load the quantity I wanted. So I'm wishing for it to go down again. Hehe.
Anyway lucky me if we both are talking about the same share (because I had to incur some loss trying to do some trading on this share recently). Smile
blacknights
blacknights

Posts : 257
Join date : 2014-08-28

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by HAL9000 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:36 pm

I like PINS more than other insurance sector companies in the sector. Apart from attractive valuation and dividend yield, They inherit much of the business volume from the parent companies PLC and Peoples bank, so this is a relatively protected member in the intensely competitive insurance market with over 20 players.

For this reason while other players die hard to gain a market share through advertising ,other marketing campaigns, PINS effortlessly become the 5th largest player in the non-life segment. I have rarely seen an advertisement or insurance agents of PINS. This is good enough reason for PINS to have a slightly higher price to earning multiples than the peers IMHO.
HAL9000
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2014-08-11
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by slstock on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 pm

This also could be to their disadvantage.

HAL9000 wrote: They inherit much of the business volume from the parent companies PLC and Peoples bank, so this is a relatively protected member in the intensely competitive insurance market with over 20 players.


_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5659
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by HAL9000 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:17 pm

slstock wrote:This also could be  to their disadvantage.

HAL9000 wrote: They inherit much of the business volume from the parent companies PLC and Peoples bank, so this is a relatively protected member in the intensely competitive insurance market with over 20 players.


In a way yes! This can lead to making of another crony company Very Happy
HAL9000
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2014-08-11
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by HAL9000 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:38 pm

PEOPLE'S INSURANCE - DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT

PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC
Company ID: PINS
Date of Announcement:- 18.Feb.2016
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 0.60 per share / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2015
Shareholder Approval: - Required
DATES TO BE NOTIFIED



Quarterly report
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
HAL9000
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2014-08-11
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

PINS.N  Empty Re: PINS.N

Post by First Guy on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:34 am

Report is good. Just a warning, EPS is on weighted average shares. They have to improve profits a lot to show better next quarter.

PLC's policy has been 0.50/- interim and 0.75/- final. Maybe we can guess how PINS is going to pay too.
First Guy
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum