The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Air Asia flight gone missing

+3
pushpakumara
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
sashimaal
7 posters
Go down
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 5785
Join date : 2014-02-28

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:30 am
Air Asia flight QZ 8501, Air bus A 320 - 200 travelling from Indonesia to Singapore with 155 on board has gone missing

m.twitter.com/rangaba
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 5785
Join date : 2014-02-28

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:42 am
@colombogazette: No Sri Lankans reported on board the Air Asia flight which has gone missing while heading to Singapore from Indonesia #srilanka #lka
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 9679
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 66
Location : රජ්ගම

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:52 am
What's going on ?
Another plane gone missing !
Is it someone wants to make the safest mode, the most unsafe and take us back to Donkey ride era again ?
avatar
pushpakumara
Posts : 197
Join date : 2014-11-24

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:02 am
Now a days Military air crafts are safer than civilian air crafts or else Bermuda Triangle has shifted to this region of the world?..... Could the fate be same as for MH 370? Time will tell us...
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 5568
Join date : 2014-02-28

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:17 am
AirAsia flight QZ8501 from Indonesia to Singapore missing
Jump media player

BBC

Indonesian media say more than 160 people were on board the Airbus A320-200

An AirAsia flight travelling from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore has lost contact with air traffic control, the company has said.

Indonesian media say more than 160 people were on the Airbus A320-200.

Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 (23:24 GMT), Malaysia-based AirAsia tweeted.

Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines has suffered two disasters this year - flights MH370 and MH17 - but AirAsia has never lost a plane.

Flight MH370 disappeared on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing in March with 239 passengers and crew, and MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in July, killing all 298 on board.

Search and rescue operations are under way for the missing aircraft.

The flight had been due to arrive in Singapore at 08:30 (00:30GMT).
The flight arrivals board at Changi Airport in Singapore, where the AirAsia flight was due The flight arrivals board at Changi Airport in Singapore, where the AirAsia flight was due

There were six foreigners on board the flight, reports say, three from South Korea and one each from the UK Malaysia and Singapore. The rest of the passengers were Indonesian.

An official with the transport ministry, Hadi Mustofa, told local media the plane lost contact over the Java Sea, between the islands of Kalimantan and Java.

He said the plane had asked for an unusual route before it lost contact and that the weather had been cloudy.

AirAsia have given few other details.

"At the present time we unfortunately have no further information regarding the status of the passengers and crew members on board, but we will keep all parties informed as more information becomes available," a company statement said.

AirAsia has set up an emergency line for family or friends of those who may be on board. The number is +622 129 850 801.

The company's chief executive, Tony Fernandes, tweeted: "Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We must stay strong."
avatar
pushpakumara
Posts : 197
Join date : 2014-11-24

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:32 pm
Major part of the route is over sea. It is reported bad weather and requested flight 'deviation'.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 9679
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 66
Location : රජ්ගම

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:43 pm
I am sure, the Commander who asked for the deviation (to ascend to 39,000 feet) must have given a valid reason as to why such a request being made and it will be on the tape.
Perhaps, he may have misread the onboard weather radar (the vertical depth of the bad weather brewing ahead of him then).
On the hindsight, turning back would have been a better choice.
pushpakumara wrote:Major part of the route is over sea. It is reported bad weather and requested flight 'deviation'.
avatar
Jana1
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 630
Join date : 2014-02-23

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:29 pm
pushpakumara wrote: Bermuda Triangle has shifted to this region of the world?.....

I think there is a drama is going on to put Malaysia down by wealthy country. All three carriers are Malaysian and last two incidents has left many suspicious. MH370- no trace of its wreckage yet, MH17- before the wreckage touch the ground US claimed Russia was the reason even though the neighbors (people who saw the incident) claimed a fighter jet had flown and shoot the flight. Why MH-17 info was well captured while MH-370 remain mystery for a year? Who is hinding the real reason of MH-370?
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 9679
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 66
Location : රජ්ගම

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:44 pm
විදේස් කුමන්ත්‍රනයක් Embarassed

Jana1 wrote:
pushpakumara wrote: Bermuda Triangle has shifted to this region of the world?.....

I think there is a drama is going on to put Malaysia down by wealthy country. All three carriers are Malaysian and last two incidents has left many suspicious. MH370- no trace of its wreckage yet, MH17- before the wreckage touch the ground US claimed Russia was the reason even though the neighbors (people who saw the incident) claimed a fighter jet had flown and shoot the flight. Why MH-17 info was well captured while MH-370 remain mystery for a year? Who is hinding the real reason of MH-370?
avatar
pushpakumara
Posts : 197
Join date : 2014-11-24

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:07 pm
Jana1 wrote:
pushpakumara wrote: Bermuda Triangle has shifted to this region of the world?.....

I think there is a drama is going on to put Malaysia down by wealthy country. All three carriers are Malaysian and last two incidents has left many suspicious. MH370- no trace of its wreckage yet, MH17- before the wreckage touch the ground US claimed Russia was the reason even though the neighbors (people who saw the incident) claimed a fighter jet had flown and shoot the flight. Why MH-17 info was well captured while MH-370 remain mystery for a year? Who is hinding the real reason of MH-370?

My gut feeling say someone somewhere in the world should know what really has happened in relation to MH 370 and MH17.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 9679
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 66
Location : රජ්ගම

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:18 pm
Even God have nap times (like you and me) too.
WasteofTime
WasteofTime
Posts : 271
Join date : 2014-09-29

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:07 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Even God have nap times (like you and me) too.

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." [Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 9679
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 66
Location : රජ්ගම

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:14 pm
What a tragedy, if it had happened not during one of the nap times ? Very Happy

WasteofTime wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Even God have nap times (like you and me) too.
"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." [Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]
WasteofTime
WasteofTime
Posts : 271
Join date : 2014-09-29

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:23 pm
what if God want them to die this way?


කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:What a tragedy, if it had happened not during one of the nap times ? Very Happy

WasteofTime wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Even God have nap times (like you and me) too.
"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)." [Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]
avatar
pushpakumara
Posts : 197
Join date : 2014-11-24

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Re: Air Asia flight gone missing

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:43 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I am sure, the Commander who asked for the deviation (to ascend to 39,000 feet) must have given a valid reason as to why such a request being made and it will be on the tape.
Perhaps, he may have misread the onboard weather radar (the vertical depth of the bad weather brewing ahead of him then).
On the hindsight, turning back would have been a better choice.
pushpakumara wrote:Major part of the route is over sea. It is reported bad weather and requested flight 'deviation'.
There had been few other aircrafts nearby when signal from the flight was lost, they probably may have some clue as to weather at that time and plight of the aircraft..
avatar
chinwi
Top contributor
Top contributor
Posts : 999
Join date : 2014-02-23

Air Asia flight gone missing  Empty Bodies and debries found

Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:22 pm
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum