- First Guy
- Posts : 2599
Join date : 2014-02-22
"Last year we have signed agreements worth about 2.3 billion US dollars (from investors) and on top of that we also signed 1.3 billon US dollars worth of local investments," Lakshman Jayaweera, Chairman of Board of Investment of Sri Lanka said.
"I find that local investors are coming very actively now signing agreements with the BOI."
The BOI gives tax breaks for large investments including for imported capital goods used for start-up.
He said majority of the investments are coming for Infrastructure and mix development, tourism industry and construction sector.
"The agreements that we signed will not come everything this year. It will come stage by stage," he said.
"We target over two billion US dollar worth of investment will come this year."
He said the foreign direct investments flows for 2013 has not yet been finalized.
Officials earlier estimated that about 1.3 billion US dollars had come by November.
- IMF approves US$ 251.4 mn to Lanka
- IMF approves disbursement of USD 164 million for Sri Lanka
- Parliament approves Sri Lanka's much delayed VAT bill
- IMF Completes First Review of the Extended Arrangement Under the EFF with Sri Lanka and Approves US$162.6 Million Disbursement
- Holcim bullish on Sri Lanka; marks $ 150 m in investments