The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Hello and CSE ?

+14
yellow knife
BullvsBear
lanka
Yin-Yang
Future123
serene
Rana
Ethical Trader
The Alchemist
nihal123
spw19721
CK
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
slstock
18 posters
Go down
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Hello and  CSE ?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Hello and CSE ?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:47 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
serene wrote:
Backstage wrote:
slstock wrote:
serene wrote:Welcome back slstock... Smile Very Happy

Serene, seeing you after a very long time ( maybe years).
I sent you an email last year after suddenly remembering you to come add content to the forum
( which I never heard back from you I believe)

Anyway Howdy . Yes am still breathing. Hope your life is well.

Serene must be doing damage control in Kandy projects.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Backs when all were focussing on PMs dance I was searching for u.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Me as usual, backstage. Don't like the limelight. Very Happy
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:18 pm
Backstage wrote:
serene wrote:
Backstage wrote:
slstock wrote:
serene wrote:Welcome back slstock... Smile Very Happy

Serene, seeing you after a very long time ( maybe years).
I sent you an email last year after suddenly remembering you to come add content to the forum
( which I never heard back from you I believe)

Anyway Howdy . Yes am still breathing. Hope your life is well.

Serene must be doing damage control in Kandy projects.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Backs when all were focussing on PMs dance I was searching for u.

Me as usual, backstage. Don't like the limelight. Very Happy

Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:16 am
SLS, I too read the whole thread and agree with you totally, but, my advise to all concerned people is to do the little bit one can do within his power & just forget the rest; because if you continue to worry over them it would certainly affect your health.
Expert
Expert

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
SLS, Thanks!
Yes, I too went through this whole thread, on your invitation, on my ill responding mobile phone, and it took me around an hour to read it in full; now it is 23:18 on my phone's time.
You write long; definitely must take hours to write.
I love reading what you write but as I am tied up with time, unable to write all that I wish to. I wish there was some technology to convert my thoughts into text while I was reading through; not invented yet?
I am glad that you are back but I thought you have been around long, when I came across your other post.
I do not get time to come to the forum but drop in if an sms alert comes along with something that interests me: your other post's topic promptly drew me in.
I do not get many sms notifications from the forum these days, compared to what it was.
Reading through your posts makes me feel like listening to an old friend. Don't know why....
You truly are an encyclopedia and beneficial to most of the members here, I am sure. Or rather, not an encyclopedia but an oracle, I believe. Your intentions are exceptionally good. Your weakness is getting hurt easily, emotionally; you may not be able to overcome that, as your goodness lies in your sensitivity and being sensitive, you are bound to get hurt.
I wish I were able to write more but have to stop now. I wrote this much out of my high regard and respect for you, my dear SLS!
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:37 pm
Expert,

You have lot of talent and skills which the society can benefit from.
I kindly request you to write more when you can.
I say not based on the above post , but knowing your capacity from a long time
and what you are capable of .

Btw...

If we don't have some weakness we cannot be human right?
As a matter of fact I like people who are sensitive to some level. You know why?

Because they are usually honorable and have melting hearts.
Also it keep them safer Wink

ps : thanks for the post.

Expert
Expert

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:11 pm
Thanks SLS!
I cannot disagree with any and all you have said. I wish I could give more but am struggling with time. Now I am struggling even to find time to see what is happening at CSE :-(. Anyway I will try my best.
I am glad you are around. You have a vast knowledge, lots of experience, a kind heart and all that makes it a comfort to be around you.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:35 pm
In the article below I mentioned  CINS less than Month ago.
Only the people who read the whole article would have seen it ( helps to read Wink  

Think it was trading somewhere around Rs 1500-1600 then  

Did you notice recently, CINS started trading in massive volume ( relative to CINS)
at Rs1800 ...

Btw : I don't hold the share. I actually bought a little at Rs 1200 last year
and sold with 20% profit or something ( I bought on  credit so had to sell).
I rather regret I sold CINS. It will be 50% profit if I held today Sad  
Will I be able to ever buy at Rs 1200 again ?

slstock wrote: Am Still  Alive !  

Prelude

During past many months, I did not keep track or engaged on  my separate email for CSE/forums , forum PMs and Facebook page for several reasons.

Am making this post especially as a mark of recognition /respect  to several/many people who I see sent messages  in the past few months. Thank you.  Who are they ? You know who you are who  cared  right  Smile

Through our pseudo name,  some of us might have met , communicated or helped 1000s of people spanning the last 7-8 years ;  for a cause more than our personal benefit or agendas ; only a few amongst the many 1000s will make an imprint (  once the personal benefit or need factor goes away many disappear anyway ).

Many thanks for reviving hope and making known there is at least a fraction of people at these CSE/forums/SL, who do remember their past,  not remember someone for a personal need,  but remain  gentleman and ladies for a superior cause :  MORALS ,  ETHICS and to Stand for WHAT IS RIGHT ! That is the need of the hour for the deteriorating Sri Lankanism

The wise will only read and take the facts to make ones judgement.  
Usually in a materialistic society , when you support someone,  they become your friends !  When you in all good faith try to point  a negative or a different point for betterment/impartiality ( even when it  is a fact and the truth)  tables turn.  Sad nature of humans!

Sometimes the one we see as our enemy in hindsight  might be our  best friend.  The reality  we don't see/ understand now ... we will understand  in time to come only. Then our "self made enemies" may be be thought as friends. But it will be too late then as some might not be on earth.   Hasn't it happened to you before with someone? Somethings  what my Father did for me , which I may have not liked much as I did  not understand  when I was young ,... I regret now after realizing the facts/truth.

In life , once you get the opportunity to meet , associate people from different parts of the world you start to realize 2 things

1) What a blessed Country Sri Lanka is  ( as far the Country/ Mother nature is concerned)

2) What a morally degraded majority/people  ( of all races) is doing to make a Wonderland go backwards and not forwards ( much has to do with ATTITUDES, PRINCIPLES , Morals , Decency and Ethics) .

Think about it , what good is to  have Cocoa by the bushels if you don't know how to make Chocolate.

Then there are countries like , Switzerland, who does not have cocoa  , but imports them to
 make the Best chocolate in the world! What makes the difference ?

In the end its all about determination,  morals, decency and  ethics that maketh the man !

They Build Las Vegas in the middle of no where ( ie  a desert).

They built Australia from a place used for convicts.

They build Singapore from a bunch of people  ( Malays, Indian and Chinese)  who amazingly
beats the probability to get along but make a country that is richer  and also respected
by the world.  

Show a Singapore passport vs Sri Lankan passport to see the difference of respect. Sad but true.

But both countries lie in Asia !  

If you show  India,  Malaysia or China passport  the respect shown is lesser . Am not making  any biases here but stating the reality . But suddenly same people  from these 3 countries but with Passport issued from Singapore is respected more ! WHY?

Short term MONEY , POWER and  FAME  IS NOT EVERYTHING my Good people.
I though of adding depth for a conversation here for anyone who want to think about it deeper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSE  

CSE was and is dead for long time now !   Why is it ?
How is all the nonsense I said  above ( surely it will be to some) related to CSE?

1) Okay, when I said dead .. ofcourse some shares here and there can be manipulated with news to make short term  gains ( and then they fall to it knees after the news is over).
Look at SFS and JINS.  JINS is a share people despised  some years ago when we talked about it at Rs 14-15.  Suddenly it became god! But now after the run to Rs 36 where will it end up finally ? Now it is Rs 25 .

In reality CSE was clinically dead  for a while (until  a conscious mass revival  happens)

Part of that revival has to come from care for CSE from the GOVERNMENT.

Yes  present Government has to take part of the blame for neglecting CSE.
They failed in this aspect and really did a bad job with respect to CSE.

2)  Lets Face it.. all world markets are  run and are valued  on Fundamentals on the long run.
   It is a FACT!  Not a myth  

When a big buyer or a fund buys a share, they buy on value or expected value,  not on any other factor.  Why do you buy or sell gold ?  For the same reason.

So the question is why at CSE,

i)  a  EPS around 22 and NAV 127 share was trading at Rs 60s while
ii)  minus eps ( loss making) , minus NAV 2 share is trading at Rs 2 !

In a developed market , above Share discrepancy is rare or maybe not happen even.

You see..  when there was no food, in certain parts of the world, they used  to eat barks of trees as there was no other option.  

Some killed  pets  to make meals.   In some parts of the world Dogs are still eaten . To this day  it is  continuing  as habit  even if there is other food .  Vietnam, China, Korea for example does it still.

Am sure many here by now  know how CSE and Sri Lankans clockwork right?

Can we relate all this to CSE ? Once we start looking things deeper and not on surface or short term need, it is very easily explain. It partly due to human mentality and insecurity.

Political insecurity, no policy consistency and lack of faith in our own government and people
is killing CSE though some companies are earning better and better.

When a Lotus blooms in Muddy waters , sadly though lovely as it is , people don't go there
to pick it. It is neglected.

Did you know Salt was more desired than Gold at one time in History !

But for some easily obtainable Cow Dung is more useful as it is readily at hand !  Wink

Ps :  Btw for anyone interested in the bizarre, in certain parts of Thailand , they eat a soup called Cow Shit juice Soup !!! Yes it is real !)

So until such time we learn to analyze and find real value in the only the really valuable, as per CSE, or in real life  we will find short term excuses to make soup from Cow Poop or eat tree bark as it will solve our immediate hunger ( temporarily).  But is it a long term solutions for survival?
Think  
?

WE SHOULD KNOW ONE THING About CSE.
UNTIL A MASS  MARKET MENTAL SHIFT AND REVIVAL  HAPPENS CSE CAN  STAY DEAD.
Shares running here and there is not going to help overall CSE.
We need a consistent market revival based on value shares running ( so they have
reason to hold value after the run without falling back to its knees) if we want
to see CSE up again.

Then All shares will move. Everyone including investors, traders , gamblers  will be happy!

How many of you figure how many world markets ( in Asia including ) gained 20-30% last year while CSE was dead ! HOW SAD !

So who can revive CSE?  Suddas? Government? Us?

Answer is,  if all concerned parties get together ,  including the government, CSE can be revived easily. Some neglected shares easily needs 50-80% share runs from now  to update their value! For the patient it is a selected gold mine !  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSE ways !

Time to Time once dead shares/sectors come alive and make news.
Some of them are  called cyclic shares.

Do you remember the time when Plantation was a downer for several years? Nobody wanted.
Suddenly for the past year ... it became gold!
Now start to think... how long will it remain so?

Do you remember the Poultry sector interest ?

Do you remember the Construction sector interest ?

Time to time .. we find temporary ways to find sunshine to make hay with shares.

But we sadly neglect , one reality.

The Lotuses keep blooming even in muddy waters and they continue to do so while neglected.
In the mean time people find things to  satisfy temporary needs.

As for Lotuses ..  there are couple of sectors that has been blooming relatively consistently in times  of good and bad.

I personally have mentioned them before over posts.

Let me pick one of them straight out now and repeat again : Banks and Finance companies.

Amongst them ,  its time someone studies/recognize  the performance of selected Finance companies .  LFIN, CFIN, CDB, VFIN, SFIN I see  a good future.

1) LFIN

LFIN is in a position to  give nearly a cumulative 10% dividend this year.
   Just  paid Rs 7. Next dividend can be around Rs 4 ( total Rs 11) in May or June.
   Next year how much ???  You do your own  study

All that needs to said about LFIN was identified , predicted in the below thread many year ago
   https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t5227-lfin-future

2) CFIN :
   When the market revival happens this share has room to run more.  Is trading much below
   Assets.  It should  trade above CDB  for some years ( though valuation in time will catch  up)  due to  stability. It already recovered from Rs 80 to Rs   105.

3) VFIN

Remember some years ago I talked about VFIn highly when it was in the Rs 30s.
  When it hit Rs 70s , when people had lot of interest  , I became the bad sheep to say I had concerns  of a right issue so wait.

See below what was said last :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t5227p275-lfin-future#82267

Now there is indeed a right issue.  But after the right issue this company will become strong.

What will DP do will it is another question

4) CDB ...

All I had to say about CDB was said here. Also commented on it when it was Rs 28.

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t2657-cdb-the-past-and-the-future?highlight=cdb+future

What is the value now?
What is their EPS by March 2018 ( hopefully can they make it around Rs 22 ?)
What is the Net Assert Value ?

It time CDB management gave boost , upping it dividend a lot from it Rs 3.5 which was last updated 3 year ago. A Rs 20-22 share needs to give 20-25% dividend atleast.
CDB management ,  time to reward your patient long term share holders ( I am one)

5) SFIN

Time still may not be right just now for SFIN, but I see SFIN future alright after Hayleys buying Singer. Wink

6) ALLI  is another good fundamental share. But relatively I have preference for another share over it   based on the management and fundamentals. But again ALLI presently is fundamentally good , giving a good dividend, trading around Rs 70.

7) COCR ,

What can I say.
When  almost everybody was ecstatic over COCR, I and handful of others continuously warned  about it risks and dangers . Such posts are on this forum and many times on Facebook.

Some tried to fall into to a trap to value it to Rs 110 when a management game happened.
Am sure some  hated me for it when I talked about it constantly to warn at Rs 70 .
But I just did my duty.  Now it is Rs 43.

All I can say is , if  COCR is still valued at Rs 43 right now ( after falling from Rs 70s)
how much is CFIN, LFIN, CDB, VFIN valued at?

I just gave a start here only. There are several other good  companies trading low at CSe.

Some  Banks, Insurance companies , Diversified are a few.
( Btw  In Insurance CINS is one)

Construction boom is not over. It just that Government  killed its momentum
over certain policy decisions ( which I cannot really blame them after looking at why they did it)

Some bad management too is happening  with some companies killing its earnings.

Almost in every sectors there is key share that is strong.
Have speculatives and trading shares. But make you have the gems for the sustainable longer run that  maybe  feed you and your kid in times of need Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word on Sri Lankan Political Situation.

So is President MS is totally useless ( am asking without political bias)? Hasn't he done
anything useful? Does he have good intentions ?

Is PM Ranil useless. He however did tarnish his image over how he handled the Bond scam
which I blatantly talked about when it happened in this forum.

Is past president MR again the so called next hope and the revived King after the recent elections !

Let me put in an nutshell.
Yes  majority of Sri Lankans do have lot of weaknesses including blindly electing
wrong people to wrong posts.

But  this election result showed something differenet in my eyes.

1) It did not say MS and Ranil is totally useless.
2) It did not say MR did not make mistakes before and is the new hope and King.

But it said ... we are not stupid as before. If MS and Ranil cannot pull their socks up
to keep promises this is a wake up call that we will voted you out . Re shuffling ministers
will just not cut it boys !  

Though  majority of Lankans still may remain "brain washed".. slowly I see my countrymen are getting  slowly wiser about politics and electing right person to right positions.

Here is a though , it maybe time to import politicians as a paid position, who does not have connection, vested  interests , but do their darn job or else get fired. How is that for a thought!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Forethought

We all need to remember at some point ( maybe sooner than later) , we all Die.

We take nothing with us.
We only leave behind memories for others and any good we did!

Some will be remembered for days, some for months, and only a few for ever in hearts of
many . The duration depends on what we did and how behaved while alive .

There was a reason why  Elvis Presley will be always called the King.
It was not only for his talent.

Elvis was the King
Micheal Jackson was the Prince
Freddy Mercury was the Queen.
Mahatma was the Saint.

Why?

They all had something special in them beyond their talent.
For Elvis,  why he is the King for ever  goes far beyond musical talent .
If one studied what he did to be so popular one will know.

Not everyone will be popular with everyone.
Each human will all have likers and haters.

But there is one thing that will make us stands out.
Our behavior, intention and what we did  for what reason!

Blessings  to all !

Btw ,  I hear a person  who communicated with me on Facebook and also constantly highly praised me before,  surprisingly  wanted to  see me    "in Bed collecting Merits". Tsk Tsk.
Maybe it was a lapse.  I guess some of us do things without thinking too far. It okay my friend.   Be well.  Btw , thanks to all who stood up to voice their opinion  during the  fun event  
(  the post and all replies I believe  was deleted by the Admin  )

Something that always appealed to me is solitude ( when I can do so )  and being away
from the modernism and people .  Maybe I will get my wish sooner than later  Smile

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:55 pm
This is theory

Decision Regret is not limited  to the situation in which you sell a stock and then watch it go through the roof. What about all those stocks you never bought, many of which are performing better than the stocks you did buy?

p.285- Against the Gods

This is what you wrote SLS and of course what many others do not reveal. I become genius if I bought at the lowest and sold at the highest.. But what you reveal is the reality..

SLS wrote

I rather regret I sold CINS. It will be 50% profit if I held today Hello and  CSE ?  - Page 3 Icon_sad  
Will I be able to ever buy at Rs 1200 again ?
The Invisible
The Invisible

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 pm
slstock wrote:1) Thank you all for your comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) Can I ask ( hoping to get a reply), how many actually read the whole article ? It took me nearly 2.30-3 hours  to write, edit and post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3)  Did you note the below statement in the article ?

"How many of you figure how many world markets ( in Asia including ) gained 20-30% last year while CSE was dead ! HOW SAD !

Answer is,  if all concerned parties get together ,  including the government, CSE can be revived easily. Some neglected shares easily needs 50-80% share runs from now  to update their value! For the patient it is a selected gold mine !"  

I repeat,  at CSE , some shares are so beaten down and undervalued by any world standard, that they need 50% or more share price updates. Market was dead for the last 3 years and share prices only went down ( except for the manipulated or seasonal) .

4) Did anyone notice , within next 2 market days after writing  this post

a) CSE was Green with decent volume
b) 2 shares in the finance sector list I gave above declared over 5% interim dividends?

namely VFIN Rs 3.5
          ALLI Rs 4

c)
Now here is a task .. out of the Finco shares  mentioned
which one do you think is severely undervalued ( I mean still trading atleast 40-50% below to real value based on fundamentals)  ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

5) I was not writing on forum/Facebook for several reasons.
Amongst them

i) for health reasons (  If am dead I can't  write Wink  )
ii) writing didn't bring me any purpose

I mentioned many times why I wrote for the last 7 years.
It was for a goal   to uplift the shareholders and then  hoping we can  make CSE/Sri Lanka respectively more sustainable and a better place to live.

You see when a person is hungry it useless talking about ethics ,  or how to build a country. The immediate need  is to get fed short term. They wouldn't  care for Bana will they  ?

Likewise ,  at these cyberspace places, we tried to help people with knowledge we learnt the hardway ( when we had  no forums or genuine people to learn from)   so they can find a method that is long term sustainable and doesn't lose sleep doing it. After they do so , they can  spread the word and join hands to make Sri Lanka get out of the sheer abusive state it is in  ( do I need to explain what am talking about ? It IS NOT THE PARADISE COUNTRY CALLED SRI LANKAN AM TALKING ABOUT , BUT THE SHORT SIGHTED BAD ATTITUDE PEOPLE WHO MAKE EVERYONE ELSES LIFE DIFFICULT LIVING IN IT)

After nearly 7 years stubbornly not  giving up, I finally realized this is an uphill struggle with minimal support  from  even the wanting who chose to stay silent ( maybe the majority is so but they still stay  silent) but will get headches and opposition from the voiceferous  few even if I/we speak the god known truth  ( in most cases) for betterment of everyone.

How many shares I/we warned about , the predictions came true. Does anyone care to analyze even ?  ( I hope you don't ask me to name them as I can but don't want to )  

6)

Yes my number 5 point was the longest. Why?

My  heart aches for this PARADISE  and the innocent people who are sadly victimized with no visible foreseeable solution due to bad attitudes, and bad behaviour of a lesser crowd.  Isn't it a irony or a socially allowable/repeatable phenomenon to see Politicos and their wives  ( who are supposed to set examples for people) to  wield Guns  and kicking people in public ?  Ofcourse in decent country there is the law enforcement.  But hey wait .. do we trust them even ?

So question is then whom do we trust ?
Whom can we trust ?

SO WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

7) Lastly.. as far as undervalued share are concerned.. it cannot be suppressed for ever.

There WILL BE SUNSHINE AFTER A STORM.

Cool Nihal CIND is not in the finance sector. If read the post , I mentioned about the construction sector too. ( Btw , I still hold CIND even though performance was down  )

ET,

More than CFIN ... I see better dividends and prospects with LFIN.

Good luck all.

Its good to see you are back here with your usual long-written messages with deep insight. Yes I went through your entire content and should be much thankful for your effort. Of course you have highlighted one of the universal truths in this world. I have personally experienced this, what? When people are interesting to serve the public in whatever way they choose to do it, the receiving community likes to enjoy the benefits silently. They are not bothered to give a simple thank you even. Then what to do? Heart broken? Mental depression? Self anger? Nope... We just sit back ,relax and recall what we have done for the society. if it can bring a smile to our face then our job is done. Our task is accomplish so forget about the praise or gratitude. They will eventually be there.

I have seen how the forum members were felt with your long absence. And I remember I made one comment in somewhere that to say that SLS will be there or not doesn't matter but you should be brave enough to stand on your own.

Well you have mentioned about country, politics, economy, etc. all points are valid but as long as rulers understand what should be done then they will try to do the correct one but in the case if they doesn't understand ??????

You have mentioned Banking & Finance as the most undervalued sector to which I had to agree. and most of the stocks in this sector are due for a substantial rise. Also I believe that Diversified sector as well a Manufacturing sector too should have more muscles to go if country turns positive. of course Plantations as long as production can be increased.

Finally a big thank you for all your efforts since the time of CSE reached its all time high .
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon May 14, 2018 12:17 pm
The Invisible wrote:
slstock wrote:1) Thank you all for your comments

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2) Can I ask ( hoping to get a reply), how many actually read the whole article ? It took me nearly 2.30-3 hours  to write, edit and post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3)  Did you note the below statement in the article ?

"How many of you figure how many world markets ( in Asia including ) gained 20-30% last year while CSE was dead ! HOW SAD !

Answer is,  if all concerned parties get together ,  including the government, CSE can be revived easily. Some neglected shares easily needs 50-80% share runs from now  to update their value! For the patient it is a selected gold mine !"  

I repeat,  at CSE , some shares are so beaten down and undervalued by any world standard, that they need 50% or more share price updates. Market was dead for the last 3 years and share prices only went down ( except for the manipulated or seasonal) .

4) Did anyone notice , within next 2 market days after writing  this post

a) CSE was Green with decent volume
b) 2 shares in the finance sector list I gave above declared over 5% interim dividends?

namely VFIN Rs 3.5
          ALLI Rs 4

c)
Now here is a task .. out of the Finco shares  mentioned
which one do you think is severely undervalued ( I mean still trading atleast 40-50% below to real value based on fundamentals)  ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

5) I was not writing on forum/Facebook for several reasons.
Amongst them

i) for health reasons (  If am dead I can't  write Wink  )
ii) writing didn't bring me any purpose

I mentioned many times why I wrote for the last 7 years.
It was for a goal   to uplift the shareholders and then  hoping we can  make CSE/Sri Lanka respectively more sustainable and a better place to live.

You see when a person is hungry it useless talking about ethics ,  or how to build a country. The immediate need  is to get fed short term. They wouldn't  care for Bana will they  ?

Likewise ,  at these cyberspace places, we tried to help people with knowledge we learnt the hardway ( when we had  no forums or genuine people to learn from)   so they can find a method that is long term sustainable and doesn't lose sleep doing it. After they do so , they can  spread the word and join hands to make Sri Lanka get out of the sheer abusive state it is in  ( do I need to explain what am talking about ? It IS NOT THE PARADISE COUNTRY CALLED SRI LANKAN AM TALKING ABOUT , BUT THE SHORT SIGHTED BAD ATTITUDE PEOPLE WHO MAKE EVERYONE ELSES LIFE DIFFICULT LIVING IN IT)

After nearly 7 years stubbornly not  giving up, I finally realized this is an uphill struggle with minimal support  from  even the wanting who chose to stay silent ( maybe the majority is so but they still stay  silent) but will get headches and opposition from the voiceferous  few even if I/we speak the god known truth  ( in most cases) for betterment of everyone.

How many shares I/we warned about , the predictions came true. Does anyone care to analyze even ?  ( I hope you don't ask me to name them as I can but don't want to )  

6)

Yes my number 5 point was the longest. Why?

My  heart aches for this PARADISE  and the innocent people who are sadly victimized with no visible foreseeable solution due to bad attitudes, and bad behaviour of a lesser crowd.  Isn't it a irony or a socially allowable/repeatable phenomenon to see Politicos and their wives  ( who are supposed to set examples for people) to  wield Guns  and kicking people in public ?  Ofcourse in decent country there is the law enforcement.  But hey wait .. do we trust them even ?

So question is then whom do we trust ?
Whom can we trust ?

SO WHERE IS THE PROBLEM?

7) Lastly.. as far as undervalued share are concerned.. it cannot be suppressed for ever.

There WILL BE SUNSHINE AFTER A STORM.

Cool Nihal CIND is not in the finance sector. If read the post , I mentioned about the construction sector too. ( Btw , I still hold CIND even though performance was down  )

ET,

More than CFIN ... I see better dividends and prospects with LFIN.

Good luck all.

Its good to see you are back here with your usual long-written messages with deep insight. Yes I went through your entire content and should be much thankful for your effort. Of course you have highlighted one of the universal truths  in this world. I have personally experienced this, what? When people are interesting to serve the public in whatever way they choose to do it, the receiving community likes to enjoy the benefits silently. They are not bothered to give a simple thank you even. Then what to do? Heart broken? Mental depression? Self anger? Nope... We just sit back ,relax and recall what we have done for the society. if it can bring a smile to our face then our job is done. Our task is accomplish so forget about the praise or gratitude. They will eventually be there.

I have seen how the forum members were felt with your long absence. And I remember I made one comment in somewhere that to say that SLS will be there or not doesn't matter but you should be brave enough to stand on your own.

Well you have mentioned about country, politics, economy, etc. all points are valid but as long as rulers understand what should be done then they will try to do the correct one but in the case if they doesn't understand ??????    

You have mentioned Banking & Finance as the most undervalued sector to which I had to agree. and most of the stocks in this sector are due for a substantial rise. Also I believe that Diversified sector as well a Manufacturing sector too should have more muscles to go if country turns positive. of course Plantations as long as production can be increased.

Finally a big thank you for all your efforts since the time of CSE reached its all time high .

Thank you for the note Invicible. I believe I know who you are.  
For now let me say this much ...

a)  I see you have some good  skills/talents. Keep up the good posts coming
b)  But for your safety don't ever involve yourself in share like LCEM or AFSL
( specially when they are at higher prices ).

All the best

nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:17 pm
slstock wrote: Am Still  Alive !  

Prelude

During past many months, I did not keep track or engaged on  my separate email for CSE/forums , forum PMs and Facebook page for several reasons.

Am making this post especially as a mark of recognition /respect  to several/many people who I see sent messages  in the past few months. Thank you.  Who are they ? You know who you are who  cared  right  Smile

Through our pseudo name,  some of us might have met , communicated or helped 1000s of people spanning the last 7-8 years ;  for a cause more than our personal benefit or agendas ; only a few amongst the many 1000s will make an imprint (  once the personal benefit or need factor goes away many disappear anyway ).

Many thanks for reviving hope and making known there is at least a fraction of people at these CSE/forums/SL, who do remember their past,  not remember someone for a personal need,  but remain  gentleman and ladies for a superior cause :  MORALS ,  ETHICS and to Stand for WHAT IS RIGHT ! That is the need of the hour for the deteriorating Sri Lankanism

The wise will only read and take the facts to make ones judgement.  
Usually in a materialistic society , when you support someone,  they become your friends !  When you in all good faith try to point  a negative or a different point for betterment/impartiality ( even when it  is a fact and the truth)  tables turn.  Sad nature of humans!

Sometimes the one we see as our enemy in hindsight  might be our  best friend.  The reality  we don't see/ understand now ... we will understand  in time to come only. Then our "self made enemies" may be be thought as friends. But it will be too late then as some might not be on earth.   Hasn't it happened to you before with someone? Somethings  what my Father did for me , which I may have not liked much as I did  not understand  when I was young ,... I regret now after realizing the facts/truth.

In life , once you get the opportunity to meet , associate people from different parts of the world you start to realize 2 things

1) What a blessed Country Sri Lanka is  ( as far the Country/ Mother nature is concerned)

2) What a morally degraded majority/people  ( of all races) is doing to make a Wonderland go backwards and not forwards ( much has to do with ATTITUDES, PRINCIPLES , Morals , Decency and Ethics) .

Think about it , what good is to  have Cocoa by the bushels if you don't know how to make Chocolate.

Then there are countries like , Switzerland, who does not have cocoa  , but imports them to
 make the Best chocolate in the world! What makes the difference ?

In the end its all about determination,  morals, decency and  ethics that maketh the man !

They Build Las Vegas in the middle of no where ( ie  a desert).

They built Australia from a place used for convicts.

They build Singapore from a bunch of people  ( Malays, Indian and Chinese)  who amazingly
beats the probability to get along but make a country that is richer  and also respected
by the world.  

Show a Singapore passport vs Sri Lankan passport to see the difference of respect. Sad but true.

But both countries lie in Asia !  

If you show  India,  Malaysia or China passport  the respect shown is lesser . Am not making  any biases here but stating the reality . But suddenly same people  from these 3 countries but with Passport issued from Singapore is respected more ! WHY?

Short term MONEY , POWER and  FAME  IS NOT EVERYTHING my Good people.
I though of adding depth for a conversation here for anyone who want to think about it deeper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSE  

CSE was and is dead for long time now !   Why is it ?
How is all the nonsense I said  above ( surely it will be to some) related to CSE?

1) Okay, when I said dead .. ofcourse some shares here and there can be manipulated with news to make short term  gains ( and then they fall to it knees after the news is over).
Look at SFS and JINS.  JINS is a share people despised  some years ago when we talked about it at Rs 14-15.  Suddenly it became god! But now after the run to Rs 36 where will it end up finally ? Now it is Rs 25 .

In reality CSE was clinically dead  for a while (until  a conscious mass revival  happens)

Part of that revival has to come from care for CSE from the GOVERNMENT.

Yes  present Government has to take part of the blame for neglecting CSE.
They failed in this aspect and really did a bad job with respect to CSE.

2)  Lets Face it.. all world markets are  run and are valued  on Fundamentals on the long run.
   It is a FACT!  Not a myth  

When a big buyer or a fund buys a share, they buy on value or expected value,  not on any other factor.  Why do you buy or sell gold ?  For the same reason.

So the question is why at CSE,

i)  a  EPS around 22 and NAV 127 share was trading at Rs 60s while
ii)  minus eps ( loss making) , minus NAV 2 share is trading at Rs 2 !

In a developed market , above Share discrepancy is rare or maybe not happen even.

You see..  when there was no food, in certain parts of the world, they used  to eat barks of trees as there was no other option.  

Some killed  pets  to make meals.   In some parts of the world Dogs are still eaten . To this day  it is  continuing  as habit  even if there is other food .  Vietnam, China, Korea for example does it still.

Am sure many here by now  know how CSE and Sri Lankans clockwork right?

Can we relate all this to CSE ? Once we start looking things deeper and not on surface or short term need, it is very easily explain. It partly due to human mentality and insecurity.

Political insecurity, no policy consistency and lack of faith in our own government and people
is killing CSE though some companies are earning better and better.

When a Lotus blooms in Muddy waters , sadly though lovely as it is , people don't go there
to pick it. It is neglected.

Did you know Salt was more desired than Gold at one time in History !

But for some easily obtainable Cow Dung is more useful as it is readily at hand !  Wink

Ps :  Btw for anyone interested in the bizarre, in certain parts of Thailand , they eat a soup called Cow Shit juice Soup !!! Yes it is real !)

So until such time we learn to analyze and find real value in the only the really valuable, as per CSE, or in real life  we will find short term excuses to make soup from Cow Poop or eat tree bark as it will solve our immediate hunger ( temporarily).  But is it a long term solutions for survival?
Think  
?

WE SHOULD KNOW ONE THING About CSE.
UNTIL A MASS  MARKET MENTAL SHIFT AND REVIVAL  HAPPENS CSE CAN  STAY DEAD.
Shares running here and there is not going to help overall CSE.
We need a consistent market revival based on value shares running ( so they have
reason to hold value after the run without falling back to its knees) if we want
to see CSE up again.

Then All shares will move. Everyone including investors, traders , gamblers  will be happy!

How many of you figure how many world markets ( in Asia including ) gained 20-30% last year while CSE was dead ! HOW SAD !

Answer is,  if all concerned parties get together ,  including the government, CSE can be revived easily. Some neglected shares easily needs 50-80% share runs from now  to update their value! For the patient it is a selected gold mine !  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CSE ways !

Time to Time once dead shares/sectors come alive and make news.
Some of them are  called cyclic shares.

Do you remember the time when Plantation was a downer for several years? Nobody wanted.
Suddenly for the past year ... it became gold!
Now start to think... how long will it remain so?

Do you remember the Poultry sector interest ?

Do you remember the Construction sector interest ?

Time to time .. we find temporary ways to find sunshine to make hay with shares.

But we sadly neglect , one reality.

The Lotuses keep blooming even in muddy waters and they continue to do so while neglected.
In the mean time people find things to  satisfy temporary needs.

As for Lotuses ..  there are couple of sectors that has been blooming relatively consistently in times  of good and bad.

I personally have mentioned them before over posts.

Let me pick one of them straight out now and repeat again : Banks and Finance companies.

Amongst them ,  its time someone studies/recognize  the performance of selected Finance companies .  LFIN, CFIN, CDB, VFIN, SFIN I see  a good future.

1) LFIN

LFIN is in a position to  give nearly a cumulative 10% dividend this year.
   Just  paid Rs 7. Next dividend can be around Rs 4 ( total Rs 11) in May or June.
   Next year how much ???  You do your own  study

All that needs to said about LFIN was identified , predicted in the below thread many year ago
   https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t5227-lfin-future

2) CFIN :
   When the market revival happens this share has room to run more.  Is trading much below
   Assets.  It should  trade above CDB  for some years ( though valuation in time will catch  up)  due to  stability. It already recovered from Rs 80 to Rs   105.

3) VFIN

Remember some years ago I talked about VFIn highly when it was in the Rs 30s.
  When it hit Rs 70s , when people had lot of interest  , I became the bad sheep to say I had concerns  of a right issue so wait.

See below what was said last :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t5227p275-lfin-future#82267

Now there is indeed a right issue.  But after the right issue this company will become strong.

What will DP do will it is another question

4) CDB ...

All I had to say about CDB was said here. Also commented on it when it was Rs 28.

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t2657-cdb-the-past-and-the-future?highlight=cdb+future

What is the value now?
What is their EPS by March 2018 ( hopefully can they make it around Rs 22 ?)
What is the Net Assert Value ?

It time CDB management gave boost , upping it dividend a lot from it Rs 3.5 which was last updated 3 year ago. A Rs 20-22 share needs to give 20-25% dividend atleast.
CDB management ,  time to reward your patient long term share holders ( I am one)

5) SFIN

Time still may not be right just now for SFIN, but I see SFIN future alright after Hayleys buying Singer. Wink

6) ALLI  is another good fundamental share. But relatively I have preference for another share over it   based on the management and fundamentals. But again ALLI presently is fundamentally good , giving a good dividend, trading around Rs 70.

7) COCR ,

What can I say.
When  almost everybody was ecstatic over COCR, I and handful of others continuously warned  about it risks and dangers . Such posts are on this forum and many times on Facebook.

Some tried to fall into to a trap to value it to Rs 110 when a management game happened.
Am sure some  hated me for it when I talked about it constantly to warn at Rs 70 .
But I just did my duty.  Now it is Rs 43.

All I can say is , if  COCR is still valued at Rs 43 right now ( after falling from Rs 70s)
how much is CFIN, LFIN, CDB, VFIN valued at?

I just gave a start here only. There are several other good  companies trading low at CSe.

Some  Banks, Insurance companies , Diversified are a few.
( Btw  In Insurance CINS is one)

Construction boom is not over. It just that Government  killed its momentum
over certain policy decisions ( which I cannot really blame them after looking at why they did it)

Some bad management too is happening  with some companies killing its earnings.

Almost in every sectors there is key share that is strong.
Have speculatives and trading shares. But make you have the gems for the sustainable longer run that  maybe  feed you and your kid in times of need Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word on Sri Lankan Political Situation.

So is President MS is totally useless ( am asking without political bias)? Hasn't he done
anything useful? Does he have good intentions ?

Is PM Ranil useless. He however did tarnish his image over how he handled the Bond scam
which I blatantly talked about when it happened in this forum.

Is past president MR again the so called next hope and the revived King after the recent elections !

Let me put in an nutshell.
Yes  majority of Sri Lankans do have lot of weaknesses including blindly electing
wrong people to wrong posts.

But  this election result showed something differenet in my eyes.

1) It did not say MS and Ranil is totally useless.
2) It did not say MR did not make mistakes before and is the new hope and King.

But it said ... we are not stupid as before. If MS and Ranil cannot pull their socks up
to keep promises this is a wake up call that we will voted you out . Re shuffling ministers
will just not cut it boys !  

Though  majority of Lankans still may remain "brain washed".. slowly I see my countrymen are getting  slowly wiser about politics and electing right person to right positions.

Here is a though , it maybe time to import politicians as a paid position, who does not have connection, vested  interests , but do their darn job or else get fired. How is that for a thought!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Forethought

We all need to remember at some point ( maybe sooner than later) , we all Die.

We take nothing with us.
We only leave behind memories for others and any good we did!

Some will be remembered for days, some for months, and only a few for ever in hearts of
many . The duration depends on what we did and how behaved while alive .

There was a reason why  Elvis Presley will be always called the King.
It was not only for his talent.

Elvis was the King
Micheal Jackson was the Prince
Freddy Mercury was the Queen.
Mahatma was the Saint.

Why?

They all had something special in them beyond their talent.
For Elvis,  why he is the King for ever  goes far beyond musical talent .
If one studied what he did to be so popular one will know.

Not everyone will be popular with everyone.
Each human will all have likers and haters.

But there is one thing that will make us stands out.
Our behavior, intention and what we did  for what reason!

Blessings  to all !

Btw ,  I hear a person  who communicated with me on Facebook and also constantly highly praised me before,  surprisingly  wanted to  see me    "in Bed collecting Merits". Tsk Tsk.
Maybe it was a lapse.  I guess some of us do things without thinking too far. It okay my friend.   Be well.  Btw , thanks to all who stood up to voice their opinion  during the  fun event  
(  the post and all replies I believe  was deleted by the Admin  )

Something that always appealed to me is solitude ( when I can do so )  and being away
from the modernism and people .  Maybe I will get my wish sooner than later  Smile

නැවත කියවමු slstock එනතෙක් Very Happy
The Invisible
The Invisible

Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 pm
Better not only read but try to add for these thoughts.

GL
spw19721
spw19721

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 pm
Thanks Nihal ayya for bumping up this thrwad
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:28 am
Nihal, what a nice way to appreciate his work! Thank you. I wish him well.
pjrngroup

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:32 am
Thanks Nihal.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
See ...

http://investorsentiment.forumotion.net/t1758p325-where-is-slstock#89296

Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm
Welcome back dear friend. This is the time we need your valuable contributions.
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 am

Welcome back slstock.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 am
Here you go.

"Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?"

http://investorsentiment.forumotion.net/t10722-why-cse-is-like-this-whose-fault-is-it

( Took me 3-4 hours to research, write and edit. )

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum