The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Hela Wedakama - (හෙළ වෙදකම)

+13
Rajapaksap
balapas
Ethical Trader
HUNTER
Hybrid
AjithR
Rana
Backstage
nihal123
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
mymoney
slstock
chutiputha
17 posters
Go down
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Hela Wedakama - (හෙළ වෙදකම)  - Page 3 Empty Re: Hela Wedakama - (හෙළ වෙදකම)

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:50 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
The Alchemist wrote:Does anyone know a good Vedamahathaya to treat Kidney Stones ? or any alternate home remedies ? Thanks in advance.

Al, one of my friends used to drink Akkapana (This plant is propagated by its leaves. When we were small, we used to keep Akkapans leaves in our books to see routes coming up in few days time) juice when he feels pain when urinating. Just crush or blend the leaves with a little bit of water to make juice. This works instantly.
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Ethical Trader wrote:
The Alchemist wrote:Does anyone know a good Vedamahathaya to treat Kidney Stones ? or any alternate home remedies ? Thanks in advance.

Al, one of my friends used to drink Akkapana (This plant is propagated by its leaves. When we were small, we used to keep Akkapans leaves in our books to see routes coming up in few days time) juice when he feels pain when urinating. Just crush or blend the leaves with a little bit of water to make juice. This works instantly.

Or you can make it sambol as gotukola.
Katu anoda also a good one for renal stones.
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 am
Thanks ET & Path.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:28 pm
Ethical Trader wrote:

When a doctor / practitioner prescribes western medicine he / she has to prescribe a generic drug and the drug company is compelled to list the following on the pack:

-Dosage for adults / children
- Side effects
- Known allergies
- Effects of long term use
- Complications when taken with other medications

Which Wedamahaththaya gives the above information when they dose out arbitarily the thaeilayas and goollies?

are there any laws for them?

What impact will the Akkapana have on your liver after you consume it? (Sclerosis)
How many kilos of akkapana have you to consume to get healed?
What other ailments will you end up with after the

-

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
White Radish is good.
If you are in the city, try this Dr for a change.
Dr. B.A. Ratnapala - 011 5656600 / 2845373.
(Needs to get an appointment to see but it is easy. Then you will be asked to bring in some reports along with you. It is located on the Kottawa - Mattegoda housing scheme road and opposite to the " Ali Denna Pansala - Two Elephant Statues temple).
Good Luck.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hybrid wrote:
Ethical Trader wrote:

When a doctor / practitioner prescribes western medicine he / she has to prescribe a generic drug and the drug company is compelled to list the following on the pack:

-Dosage for adults / children
- Side effects
- Known allergies
- Effects of long term use
- Complications when taken with other medications

Which Wedamahaththaya gives the above information when they dose out arbitarily the thaeilayas and goollies?

are there any laws for them?

What impact will the Akkapana have on your liver after you consume it? (Sclerosis)
How many kilos of akkapana have you to consume to get healed?
What other ailments will you end up with after the

-

Hybrid, good question but I am not an expert to answer your question however, all I know is most herbs are harmless and have been used for generations with no side effects like western drugs. As for Akkapana few leaves would be enough to make juice. No need to repeat when pain is relieved. They say this juice melts stones in the urinary path.
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:51 pm
Thanks very much Kiths & Hybrid. maybe i'll try this doctor and give Akkapana the miss. but i too heard of soursop (katu anoda) and will be consuming this.

Western doctor (after many tests ctscan etc) said large stone but not very urgent attention required (due to location etc) and has also prescribed some western medicine to try to dissolve stone 20 % chance as their are 5 different types of stones and only one type can be dissolved and no way to tell without seeing it. (15 mm by 17 mm size- there are also 2 other smaller stones). eventually may have to get it removed by laprascopy (keyhole surgery) as laser blasting may splinter into many small stones and cause problems (instead of powdering).
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:57 pm
I had a big "Stag Horn" and used to pass blood too.
Now I am 100 % good.
Worth visiting the Dr at least once.
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:50 pm
Dear The Alchemist

One woman have Kidney Stones. Then she went to a doctor.( western ) and do lot of testing and he said there are 2 Stones,Large  one 14.5mm and other is smaller Then she went to gov hospital to get a operation date.she got a date 2017. she was very very upset .After then she went to a  Vedamahathaya,He told drink Akkapana and eat Katu anoda .
After 3 month she went the doctor.( western )
again he test it, OMG this time he said 14.5mm is now 7.5mm. now she daily drink Akkapana.

Very Happy

If you like to drink Akkapana, I can give you Akkapans leaves. I will post it.

Very Happy
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:30 pm
I saw this on Facebook and thought i will share.

Rohan Peiris
March 20 at 5:56pm · Maharagama, Sri Lanka ·

Please please please read this. To all my friends on FB. A very good friend of mine had been detected of a liver cancer on 8th Jan 16. He had been told to spend around 6 Mn to goto India for treatment that would help him live another 1 year. He had been bed ridden. Two days after medication he's up and running and even drives the car. It's a wedha Nona who treats patience at no cost.

BV Punchi Menika. Wedha gedhara Theladiviya Mahawaththethenna Balangoda.

No of the shop close to. Vedaha inlaws house 0777608633 srilanka code 94 they will help you contact her

This is something that has worked. What I do not know is if it's only for liver cancer or all cancers.

Please please do share. I have 800+ friends and I do not know how many will share

Whilst praying that no one should face this situation we never know when and if we may have to face this

It's your choice
roshana7549

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm
Good information Alchemist.....
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:09 pm
Thanks everyone who are updating with valuable information regularly. Very Happy
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:48 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
http://www.helawedakama.lk/index.php?lang=si

http://sinhalaayurveda.blogspot.com/

මූත‍්‍රා ගල්වලට බේත්

http://saragelokaya.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post_23.html
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:19 pm
Thanks Al.
Little while ago, I checked about the Veda Gedara from a relative of mine who lives in Balangoda and he confirms that she is known to have a good track record.
The Alchemist wrote:I saw this on Facebook and thought i will share.

Rohan Peiris
March 20 at 5:56pm · Maharagama, Sri Lanka ·

Please please please read this. To all my friends on FB. A very good friend of mine had been detected of a liver cancer on 8th Jan 16. He had been told to spend around 6 Mn to goto India for treatment that would help him live another 1 year. He had been bed ridden. Two days after medication he's up and running and even drives the car. It's a wedha Nona who treats patience at no cost.

BV Punchi Menika. Wedha gedhara Theladiviya Mahawaththethenna Balangoda.

No of the shop close to. Vedaha inlaws house 0777608633 srilanka code 94 they will help you contact her

This is something that has worked. What I do not know is if it's only for liver cancer or all cancers.

Please please do share. I have 800+ friends and I do not know how many will share

Whilst praying that no one should face this situation we never know when and if we may have to face this

It's your choice
Market lover
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:41 pm
Tks AL Smile
AjithR
AjithR

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 pm
Why not study the murunga cure for CKDU?
March 22, 2016, 12:00 pm

Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown etiology (CKDU) is a tragic and long standing scourge gaining increased attention. Its gravity, increasing prevalence and difficulty of treatment is of grave concern. The search for possible causes has proved elusive and ignited more controversy and acrimony than shed light. It is agreed that some factor carried in water is the likely culprit. Soil factors, toxic elements, agro-chemicals, algal contaminants or entry via food (e.g Lotus roots (nelum ala) or freshwater fish, and illicit alcohol have all been implicated, though none definitely proven. In such a situation, some means of removal of a wide collection of possible contaminants, is the most appropriate solution. Reverse Osmosis is one solution. Filtration through ion-exchange resin beds would be another. Both have their drawbacks.

The best choice would be an easily available, inexpensive, practical, simple method that is easily understood and adaptable within existing rural practices.

One such method that has received enormous publicity on the Internet is the use of powdered, dry Murunga (Moringa oleifera) seeds. Trawling through the Internet (under "Use of Moringa seeds for water purification": 211,000 references), I have published, from time to time, a few letters in the "Opinion" columns of The Island. But disappointingly, I have seen no feedback on any trials conducted. The procedure is very simple. Even at the risk of boring some readers, in view of the vital importance of trying even the most fanciful of possible solutions (or palliatives); let me reproduce a section of the letter published on 29 June, 2011.

"Sudanese villagers faced with the necessity to drink turbid Nile waters, have for centuries, used a traditional method. It has since been tested for effectiveness by very respectable British Universities and its validity endorsed. The process consists simply of drying mature seeds of Murunga pods, cleaning them of debris and skins, and pounding the kernels in a mortar to give a fine white powder. This is then sieved. A small amount of the powder is placed with a quantity of water in a stoppered bottle (an aerated water bottle would do fine), and shaken vigorously to give a milky white suspension. This is then filtered through a fine cloth. After this, it has to be stirred (shaken) very vigorously (akin to "potentiation" in homeopathy?) for about two minutes and then less vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes. A small amount is then added to the water to be purified (in a clay Kalagediya- aluminium being avoided) and stirred in. This is allowed to stand overnight or for a few hours, when the water is seen to be fully clarified and potable. The equivalent of a few milligrams of seed powder is said to suffice for several gallons of water."

Obviously, the amounts and procedure may need to be refined to suit local needs. Many studies have failed to encounter any ill effects or off tastes. The seeds themselves are edible. Elaborate and careful studies have shown that every one of the postulated causes for CKDU are eliminated by this simple, practical and cheap method. Local workers can very simply test this out and evolve optimal protocols. Water used for drinking, as well as for cooking, should be treated.

Even the chemistry of this magical use has been worked out. The activity apparently resides in certain short chain proteins. As these molecules carry positive and negative charges at their two ends, they have the capacity to capture both negatively (phosphate, carbonate, fluoride) and positively (cadmium, arsenic, heavy metals) ions. Interestingly, it is reported that East Africa boasts of Murunga plantations for water purification. It is claimed to be usable even for large operations like municipal water supplies or for clarifying turbid ponds. The powder is said to additionally have bactericidal and even antiviral properties. The literature is not too clear whether the water has to be initially turbid, so that the pollutants are adsorbed onto the sediment as it settles. This is simple to determine.

If this procedure helps in ameliorating, preventing or saving the suffering or death of even a single afflicted victim, the effort would not have been in vain and the resulting merit immeasurable. It is most important that this information is passed through the Sinhala and Tamil media, so that the directly affected population is effectively reached. Philanthropic organizations may also be willing to print leaflets to be distributed through hospitals and local level organizations in the affected areas.

Dr U. Pethiyagoda
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=142478
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:37 pm
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:47 pm
Thanks kith
AjithR
AjithR

Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:28 pm
Thank you Kithsiri,
Market lover
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:56 pm
Tks Kith. A great clip that u hav uploaded for the benefit of others Smile great info revealed.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum