The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

The Lankan Investor Forum - A more respectable and reasonable place for members to discuss matters regarding the CSEThe Lankan Investor Forum - A more respectable and reasonable place for members to discuss matters regarding the CSE

Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting

Latest topics

» CIFC Dumps to Expand Your Possibilities to Pass Your Exam
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:30 am by faithhharris

» CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 am by Hawk Eye

» Sri Lanka plans to allow tourists from August, no mandatory quarantine
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 12:16 pm by lauryfriese

» When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Dividend Announcements
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීම
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» ඩොලර් මිලියනයක මුදල් සම්මානයක් සහ “ෆීල්ඩ්ස් පදක්කම” පිළිගැනීම ප්‍රතික්ෂේප කළ ගණිතඥයා
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 7:28 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 am by yellow knife

» Here's what blind prophet Baba Vanga predicted for 2016 and beyond: It's not good
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 am by HaeroMaero

» The Korean Way !
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» In the Meantime Within Our Shores!
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What is Known as Dementia?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What a Bank Run ?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pm by katesmith1304

» GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Cboe Volatility Index
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AHPL.N0000
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pm by yellow knife

» Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 am by yellow knife

» PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Bakery Products ?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Going South
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» When Seagulls Follow the Trawler
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Re-activating
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» අපි තමයි හොඳටම කරේ !
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 3:54 pm by ruwan326

» මේ අර් බුධය කිසිසේත්ම මා විසින් නිර්මාණය කල එකක් නොවේ
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2023 6:43 pm by ruwan326

» SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector Chart
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» WATA - Watawala
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?
Death Notice - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

+17
bonbon
yellow knife
pathfinder
100%
Illusion
dhanurrox
marusira
HUNTER
smallville
nihal123
Defender
malanp
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Rapaport
Jana1
sashimaal
Backstage
21 posters

    Death Notice

    Sriranga
    Sriranga
    Veteran
    Veteran


    Posts : 3226
    Join date : 2014-02-23
    Location : Colombo

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by Sriranga Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:48 pm

    Good one mate. Mistakes are lessons.


    _________________
    "Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
    Backstage
    Backstage
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 3803
    Join date : 2014-02-24

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by Backstage Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:52 pm

    smallville wrote:Ha haa backs.. I was teasing u man... Respect your level of coolness losing so much but keeping ur head straight n face it than whining Smile

    These kinda incidents are more than enuf to wipe off the feeble.

    Took the opportunity to brag a bit, dude. afro
    Ethical Trader
    Ethical Trader
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 5568
    Join date : 2014-02-28

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by Ethical Trader Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:28 am

    Backstage wrote:Mrs. Reef.W. Nineteen.  Sad

    Died due to tragic circumstances at 2.30pm.
    Beloved daughter of Dilith Jayaweera and Varuni Amunugama. Mother of Raynor, Duminda and Welle Suda. Sister of G.Rajapaksa. Loving Aunty N.Godahewa. Grandmother of Mr. LSE and Hariesha. Funereal takes place on Saturday at the Maskatuwa cemetary with Pansakula administered by Ven. Aggamahapanditha Jana 1 Thero. Ashes will be scattered at the Kalpitiya lagoon. No flowers by request, only citrusy type fruits such as Narang and Jambola accepted.

    Very creative, Back. Thanks.
    LSE
    LSE
    Tech Contributor
    Tech Contributor


    Posts : 1321
    Join date : 2014-06-04

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by LSE Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:40 pm

    @Backstage

    Why only two grand childs...Question  
    Did others evade to participate for the event as usual?

    I saw few people commented above like they are perfect at all.

    Is this what we get finally...?

    Retrospective

    I've initiate the REEF.W0019 thread when it was 1.20 and then it went up to 3.10 (It Was the major rally & then after also there were few opportunities too)

    Many people reap the harvest with a huge profit from it.

    only few say thanx, appreciate & many stay silent and getting the benefit from us. But when the things going wrong they start disgrace at us. This is the true story for History, Now & for future.


    Greedy people didn't sell even they were at a huge profit & finally they end up with a huge losses.

    So, don't disgrace others at least try to respect the humanity.


    Note:

    Sorry, I don't intend to hurt anyone because I devote my time here to help others.

    Thank You
    study study study
    nihal123
    nihal123
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6327
    Join date : 2014-02-24
    Age : 58
    Location : Waga

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by nihal123 Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm

    Dear LSE

    This is a Joke
    Don't get angry

    Very Happy
    smallville
    smallville
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 1872
    Join date : 2014-02-23
    Location : Trying to figure out..

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by smallville Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:40 pm

    LSE wrote:

    I've initiate the REEF.W0019 thread when it was 1.20 and then it went up to 3.10 (It Was the major rally & then after also there were few opportunities too)

    Many people reap the harvest with a huge profit from it.

    only few say thanx, appreciate & many stay silent and getting the benefit from us. But when the things going wrong they start disgrace at us. This is the true story for History, Now & for future.


    I will only comment on the above.. U shud not get upset at all.. cuz all of us were thankful to you for bringin up REEF.W19 and highlighting the facts that brought 3 or 4 trading opportunities from 1.20 to 3.0 and at arbitrary prices too be4 its tragic death.

    So u cannot say ppl didnt say thanks... I've seen ppl praising u a lot many a time.. and ur pivot point was a no1 thread which attracted ppl when ASI was so volatile ppl used to request you to come back.. some members were furious that u disappear when ASI down.. So u know that ppl valued your contribution..

    The only problem i see was that u were too carried away with this and kept praising its opportunities in latter stages. Where many members said it was not worth it.. , I was also so enthusiastic with REEF warrants and played many times.. some went wrong, some went right.. But... We should kp in mind that there are ppl in various investment categories.. some invest long term, some trade.. some hold for short term.. some do day trade.. So the risks u take is not the same another one can take Smile

    If you ask me, Im a trader.. but the risk that I take is not the risk another can take.. for example, I took risks recently with AEL, ALUF for trading after a friend told me about those.. But I cannot tell others to buy it even a profit can be made cuz its a risk and we need to sell without being greedy too..

    However, as Backs said, this is a good lesson for all of us..


    _________________
    I take risks as a Trader and I select stocks based on Tech and daily Cash in/out. Therefore, my methods may not suit u.. so DYO analysis before making any decisions.
    LSE
    LSE
    Tech Contributor
    Tech Contributor


    Posts : 1321
    Join date : 2014-06-04

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by LSE Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:05 pm

    smallville wrote:
    LSE wrote:

    I've initiate the REEF.W0019 thread when it was 1.20 and then it went up to 3.10 (It Was the major rally & then after also there were few opportunities too)

    Many people reap the harvest with a huge profit from it.

    only few say thanx, appreciate & many stay silent and getting the benefit from us. But when the things going wrong they start disgrace at us. This is the true story for History, Now & for future.


    I will only comment on the above.. U shud not get upset at all.. cuz all of us were thankful to you for bringin up REEF.W19 and highlighting the facts that brought 3 or 4 trading opportunities from 1.20 to 3.0 and at arbitrary prices too be4 its tragic death.

    So u cannot say ppl didnt say thanks... I've seen ppl praising u a lot many a time.. and ur pivot point was a no1 thread which attracted ppl when ASI was so volatile ppl used to request you to come back.. some members were furious that u disappear when ASI down.. So u know that ppl valued your contribution..

    The only problem i see was that u were too carried away with this and kept praising its opportunities in latter stages. Where many members said it was not worth it.. , I was also so enthusiastic with REEF warrants and played many times.. some went wrong, some went right.. But... We should kp in mind that there are ppl in various investment categories.. some invest long term, some trade.. some hold for short term.. some do day trade.. So the risks u take is not the same another one can take Smile

    If you ask me, Im a trader.. but the risk that I take is not the risk another can take.. for example, I took risks recently with AEL, ALUF for trading after a friend told me about those.. But I cannot tell others to buy it even a profit can be made cuz its a risk and we need to sell without being greedy too..

    However, as Backs said, this is a good lesson for all of us..

    I think you've got it wrong.

    If you remember our slstock also highlighted the fact many times within the forum. Yes as you said we are learning different good/bad lessons during our life time till we die one day. That's fine no problem at all. Yes I had to continue it because few request for me to continue the thread further. Always I'm with the forum when people need me & I will do it till people request it from me. I'm happy if at least someone getting benefit from my analyze for some gain.

    Problem was the way backstage address on it. Personally I don't like it & don't accept.  but i don't get upset or angry with backs. That's it.

    So, better to think twice before write something and I'm happy if we can continue it in a respectful way.

    Thank You.
    study study study
    nihal123
    nihal123
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 6327
    Join date : 2014-02-24
    Age : 58
    Location : Waga

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by nihal123 Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:11 pm

    Thanks LSE

    cheers
    Backstage
    Backstage
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 3803
    Join date : 2014-02-24

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by Backstage Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:49 pm

    LSE wrote:
    smallville wrote:
    LSE wrote:

    I've initiate the REEF.W0019 thread when it was 1.20 and then it went up to 3.10 (It Was the major rally & then after also there were few opportunities too)

    Many people reap the harvest with a huge profit from it.

    only few say thanx, appreciate & many stay silent and getting the benefit from us. But when the things going wrong they start disgrace at us. This is the true story for History, Now & for future.


    I will only comment on the above.. U shud not get upset at all.. cuz all of us were thankful to you for bringin up REEF.W19 and highlighting the facts that brought 3 or 4 trading opportunities from 1.20 to 3.0 and at arbitrary prices too be4 its tragic death.

    So u cannot say ppl didnt say thanks... I've seen ppl praising u a lot many a time.. and ur pivot point was a no1 thread which attracted ppl when ASI was so volatile ppl used to request you to come back.. some members were furious that u disappear when ASI down.. So u know that ppl valued your contribution..

    The only problem i see was that u were too carried away with this and kept praising its opportunities in latter stages. Where many members said it was not worth it.. , I was also so enthusiastic with REEF warrants and played many times.. some went wrong, some went right.. But... We should kp in mind that there are ppl in various investment categories.. some invest long term, some trade.. some hold for short term.. some do day trade.. So the risks u take is not the same another one can take Smile

    If you ask me, Im a trader.. but the risk that I take is not the risk another can take.. for example, I took risks recently with AEL, ALUF for trading after a friend told me about those.. But I cannot tell others to buy it even a profit can be made cuz its a risk and we need to sell without being greedy too..

    However, as Backs said, this is a good lesson for all of us..

    I think you've got it wrong.

    If you remember our slstock also highlighted the fact many times within the forum. Yes as you said we are learning different good/bad lessons during our life time till we die one day. That's fine no problem at all. Yes I had to continue it because few request for me to continue the thread further. Always I'm with the forum when people need me & I will do it till people request it from me. I'm happy if at least someone getting benefit from my analyze for some gain.

    Problem was the way backstage address on it. Personally I don't like it & don't accept.  but i don't get upset or angry with backs. That's it.

    So, better to think twice before write something and I'm happy if we can continue it in a respectful way.

    Thank You.
    study study study

    LSE, the opening post was satirical, tongue in cheek, comedy. Due to response I shared my experience, blaming no one but my greedy self. You and Hariesha commented much on W19. A genuine question I put to Hari, was also misconstrued as being critical, While being irritated with me, he did answer my question in detail and I appreciate that. I do hope he has cooled down and holds no grudge.Your final explanation on W19 I found less than satisfactory to be frank and honest. My purpose is to learn from the experience and share if useful for anyone else.
    I have followed your PP thread from inception with great interest and do look forward to it. However I will criticize you if I think you are wrong. This thread has nothing to do with you and I have absolutely no personal animosity to you or anyone in the forum. On this Poson Poya day, I wish you health and happiness. flower
    DocStock
    DocStock
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 239
    Join date : 2014-03-17

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by DocStock Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:17 pm

    Marvellous orbit Backz!
    Thats a reverse sweep for six!
    avatar
    Jana1
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 630
    Join date : 2014-02-23

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by Jana1 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:06 am

    I think there is a thick line in between being a joker or god.

    If REEF has made to 40 today this chap will be praised as God.

    But, the curse of course of holding depreciating asset is quite obvious.

    If you probabilistically approach this scenario, last 10 years there were no company warrants were acquired by any outside firms in which normal shares need 300% appreciation.

    If good company, good management-well reputed with wealthy money, sometimes miracle could happen. But with REEF, obvious the reputation of the team is well knoiwn and their king has recetly being steeped down from countries head postion- no miracle was possible.

    When I start criticizing this chap I was at least 90 % sure with REEF warrants funeral. I criticize like a mad- because I really got irritated when I saw the chap saying If Reef pass 2.4, it will never come back. That was the point where I made first comment. Very immature investment strategy. I am pretty sure the guys who lost money from that threat must be much higher than the one who made money.

    Don't simply advise some counters which is depreciating. There should be at least basic fundamental should be there.

    I don't see this topic as Humiliating any1. Just it is a sort enjoyable piece of article.


    Last edited by Jana1 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    smallville
    smallville
    Top contributor
    Top contributor


    Posts : 1872
    Join date : 2014-02-23
    Location : Trying to figure out..

    Death Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Notice

    Post by smallville Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 am

    LSE wrote:

    Problem was the way backstage address on it. Personally I don't like it & don't accept.  but i don't get upset or angry with backs. That's it.

    So, better to think twice before write something and I'm happy if we can continue it in a respectful way.

    Thank You.
    study study study

    Let me ask u then.. Has backs brought your name on the table? Imo, its just you think that you're at fault.. not any of us..

    We all make mistakes.. And if we're responsible towards our actions, we would avoid/minimize repetition. Smile


    _________________
    I take risks as a Trader and I select stocks based on Tech and daily Cash in/out. Therefore, my methods may not suit u.. so DYO analysis before making any decisions.

      Current date/time is Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:01 pm