The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
balapas
Top contributor
Top contributor

BREAKING: කිම් ජොං උන් කතා කරද්දී නිදි කිරූ ආරක්ෂක ඇමති මරා දමයි - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING: කිම් ජොං උන් කතා කරද්දී නිදි කිරූ ආරක්ෂක ඇමති මරා දමයි

Fri May 15, 2015 7:15 am
When Jiggs said stone age I wanted to share this since saw this yesterday on FB

https://www.facebook.com/alexander.lumbantobing/videos/10205730873052667/?pnref=story
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

BREAKING: කිම් ජොං උන් කතා කරද්දී නිදි කිරූ ආරක්ෂක ඇමති මරා දමයි - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING: කිම් ජොං උන් කතා කරද්දී නිදි කිරූ ආරක්ෂක ඇමති මරා දමයි

Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am
WasteofTime wrote:

Here is the latest news, I do not know why this new Yorker want to study  the book of so called cult religion. We are not proud of her. But She has the right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3080683/Lindsay-Lohan-turns-Islam-Trouble-actess-carries-Quran-steps-Brooklyn-court-ordered-community-service-children-s-center.html

A coked up doped up washed up lunatic is interested in a crazy cult. This is generally what happens cults with crazy teachings throughout history have managed to attract brainwashed adherents.

Ayyo don't say you are not proud of her, Defa you must be proud of the types of converts you are attracting. Defa I'm happy that a waste of oxygen like Lyndsay Lohan has found a new home.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 11:58 am
I thing we should rename topic to "Breaking Wind".
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 12:02 pm
Backstage wrote:I thing we should rename topic to "Breaking Wind".

Ayyo complicate karanda epa, keep it simple rename as "Crazy cults and their Crazy Leaders"
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 1:35 pm
When galaxies stop making stars, their death is usually a slow process that chokes them of the necessary cool gases over about four billion years.

That is the conclusion of astronomers who surveyed thousands of galaxies, living and dead, to assess whether the transition is rapid or slow.

In the dead galaxies they detected high levels of metals, which build up during star formation and point to a slow strangulation process.

The work appears in the journal Nature.

Metals are a powerful tracer of the history of star formation: the more stars that are formed by a galaxy, the more metal content you'll see," said Dr Yingjie Peng from the University of Cambridge, the paper's lead author.

So looking at levels of metals in dead galaxies should be able to tell us how they died.

If a galaxy's death was quick and violent, with the cool gas that feeds star formation stripped away by internal or external forces, it would immediately stop forming stars and its metal content would remain the same.

In essence, we know the cause of death, but we don't yet know who the murderer is Dr Yingjie Peng, University of Cambridge

On the other hand, if the galaxy is cut off from its supply of gas but it continues to use up what remains, metal would continue to build up until the galaxy eventually "suffocates.

Slow way to go

In a commentary for Nature, fellow astronomer Andrea Cattaneo from the Observatoire de Paris compared this tell-tale evidence to the high levels of carbon dioxide seen in a strangled human body.

During [strangulation], the victim uses up oxygen in the lungs but keeps producing carbon dioxide, which remains trapped in the body," wrote Dr Cattaneo.

Instead of building up CO2, the strangled galaxies accumulate metals - elements heavier than helium - produced by massive stars."

The team led by Dr Peng spotted that accumulation of metal when they compared the spectrum of light emitted by 23,000 red, passive galaxies and 4,000 blue, star-forming ones.

They used data from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey - a vast collection of detailed, multi-coloured images spanning a third of the sky, which has been used to compile a precise 3D map of the universe.

On average, the living, star-forming galaxies were four billion years younger than the dead ones. This matches the amount of time that the astronomers calculate would be needed for the galaxies to burn up their remaining gas supply during the strangulation.

It is also considerably longer than the four minutes it takes to strangle a human - but the analogy stands.

This is the first conclusive evidence that galaxies are being strangled to death," Dr Peng said. "What's next though, is figuring out what's causing it. In essence, we know the cause of death, but we don't yet know who the murderer is, although there are a few suspects."

One of the likely culprits is overcrowding; if a galaxy is in a busy group or cluster, its collection of gas from from the surrounding environment might face disruption, commencing the strangulation process.

Within galactic clusters, the astronomers saw even more pronounced differences in metal content, which supports this idea.

For very big galaxies, which are relatively rare, the differences dwindle, suggesting that violent galactic deaths are more common at those extremes.
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 1:39 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:When galaxies stop making stars, their death is usually a slow process that chokes them of the necessary cool gases over about four billion years.

Ayyo Kithsiri owa very complicated ideas ne, most cults think that the sun goes around the earth or the earth is flat. Oya me billion years gana katha karanawa, tribal gods lata owa tharenne na ne.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 1:52 pm
What a thread.

Started in North Korea , Ended up in a galaxy.

In the middle Sri Lanka politics, Miliary stories, Verses from the Quran ,science on Earth Rotations to end up with Lindsay Lohan.

Amazing. Bunch we got here.

Presume all the dedicated contributions to the topic on North Korea/ Country are all going unnoticed now.

Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm
slstock wrote:What a thread.

Started in North  Korea , Ended up in a galaxy.

In the middle Sri Lanka politics, Miliary stories, Verses from the Quran ,science on  Earth Rotations  to  end up with Lindsay Lohan.

Presume all the  dedicated contributions to the topic on North Korea/ Country are all going unnoticed now.

You missed Burundi, I am upset.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
Ah So.
Thousand Apologies.

Backstage wrote:
slstock wrote:What a thread.

Started in North  Korea , Ended up in a galaxy.

In the middle Sri Lanka politics, Miliary stories, Verses from the Quran ,science on  Earth Rotations  to  end up with Lindsay Lohan.

Presume all the  dedicated contributions to the topic on North Korea/ Country are all going unnoticed now.

You missed Burundi, I am upset.
WasteofTime
WasteofTime

Fri May 15, 2015 3:40 pm
was this person brain washed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnoud_van_Doorn

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/06/expegida-frontwoman-kathr_n_7225882.html

How can an American be brainwashed when there are dozens of hate originations .still, people search ....

http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/158497/some-leading-islamophobic-organizations-declared

[[/quote]

A coked up doped up washed up lunatic is interested in a crazy cult. This is generally what happens cults with crazy teachings throughout history have managed to attract brainwashed adherents.

Ayyo don't say you are not proud of her, Defa you must be proud of the types of converts you are attracting. Defa I'm happy that a waste of oxygen like Lyndsay Lohan has found a new home.[/quote]
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 3:59 pm
WasteofTime wrote:was this person brain washed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnoud_van_Doorn

Thanks for returning, the more you post the more we can ask about the crazy behavior and funny sayings of the founder of your stone age cult. Defa very powerful for the stone age but utter shame and disgrace for the 21st century

A tribal cult mostly designed to pleasure the perversions of a stone age arab. Billions of women and children are brainwashed and stuck like frogs in a well. Once the fruit ninjas of the cult start getting educated and learning the behavior of your founder it is game over for the cult but the world has needed to keep crazy cults around

http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/absurd_teachings2.html
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2012/01/islam-its-mostly-about-going-to.html
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/025-muhammads-sex-life.htm
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:05 pm
Backstage wrote:I thing we should rename topic to "Breaking Wind".

A thousand and one apologies. I bow to your superior backstage knowledge about stone age cults.
Check out the bit about gas and garlic
http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/absurd_teachings2.html
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:11 pm
i didnt go into this thread as of less interest but just clicked now to find you two again fighting

Jiggy and waste of time... why not two of you declare peace...
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:18 pm
yellow knife wrote:i didnt go into this thread as of less interest but just clicked now to find you two again fighting

Jiggy and waste of time... why not two of you declare peace...

Ayyo there is no fight YK. I love W.O.T he does a wonderful service.

Whenever W.O.T posts I respond, after all we are not living in stone age Arabia where questions and critisicms are censored. In the old forum there was an attempt by a moderator and posters belonging to the stone age cult to censor my posts, thanks to mods like smallville and SLS that attempt was thwarted.

Whenever W.O.T posts I respond, a peaceful exchange of posts.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:28 pm
Ok

Jiggy for your knowledge...

One day a Roman entered to an Arabian State and he asked thee three questions.

[b]I have come with three questions. If you answer them, then I will leave with you a great amount of wealth which I have brought from the king of Rome." As for the questions, they! were: 'What was there before Allah?' 'In which direction does Allah face?' 'What is Allah engaged in at this moment?'

The great assembly of people were silent. (Can you think of answers to these questions?) In the midst of these brilliant scholars and students of Islam, there was a man looking on with his young son. "O my dear father! I will answer him and silence him!" said the youth. So the boy sought the permission of the Khalifah to give the answers and he was given the permission to do so
[/b]
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:30 pm
Remember those golden days a non muslim could get into the high platform of an Arabian estate and challenge ...

Today if you do so you will be beheaded....

Muslims were not this much BAD during old era..
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm
I know the answers. Want to know how ?

yellow knife wrote:Ok

[b]I have come with three questions. If you answer them, then I will leave with you a great amount of wealth which I have brought from the king of Rome." As for the questions, they! were: 'What was there before Allah?' 'In which direction does Allah face?' 'What is Allah engaged in at this moment?'

The great assembly of people were silent. (Can you think of answers to these questions?) In the midst of these brilliant scholars and students of Islam, there was a man looking on with his young son. "O my dear father! I will answer him and silence him!" said the youth. So the boy sought the permission of the Khalifah to give the answers and he was given the permission to do so
[/b]
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:38 pm
yes sls go ahead
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:38 pm
yellow knife wrote:

Muslims were not this much BAD during old era..

Are you sure?

If the core and the founding is rotten then the whole apple is rotten. What kind of a man would buy and sell another human being? Maybe normal for the stone age but utter disgrace for normal civilization, which means that crazy cults that condone slavery should flushed and kept in the stone age.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/015-slavery.htm
http://www.answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv5.html
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm
Google Razz

yellow knife wrote:yes sls go ahead
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:41 pm
oh yes.....google...

Anyway I first read this in Heavens Banker...Its about Imam Abu Hanifa...

Jiggy during old era many nations practiced slavery... just watch GLADIATOR movie or Spartacus...
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm
One day, the ruler of Rome at that time sent an envoy to Baghdad with three challenges for the Muslims. When the messenger reached the city, he informed the Caliph that he had three questions, which he challenged Muslims to answer.

The Caliph gathered together all the scholars of the city and the Roman messenger climbed upon a high platform and said, "I have come with three questions. If you answer them, then I will leave with you a great amount of wealth, which I have brought from the king of Rome. "As for the questions, they were: "What was there before Allah?" "In which direction does Allah face?" "What is Allah engaged in at this moment?"

The great assembly of people was silent. (Can you think of answers to these questions?) In the midst of these brilliant scholars and students of Islam was a man looking on with his young son. "O my dear father! I will answer him and silence him!" said the youth. So the boy sought the permission of the Caliph to give the answers and he was given the permission to do so.

The Roman addressed the young Muslim and repeated his first question,
"What was there before Allah?"

The boy asked, "Do you know how to count?"

"Yes," said the man.

"Then count down from ten!" So the Roman counted down, "ten, nine, eight,..." until he reached "one" and he stopped counting.

"But what comes before 'one'?" asked the boy.

"There is nothing before one- that is it!" said the man.

"Well then, if there obviously is nothing before the arithmetic 'one', then how do you expect that there should be anything before the 'One' who is Absolute Truth, All-Eternal, Everlasting- the First, the Last, the Manifest, the Hidden?"

Now the man was surprised by this direct answer which he could not dispute. So he asked, "Then tell me, in which direction is Allah facing?"

"Bring a candle and light it," said the boy, "and tell me in which direction the flame is facing."

"But the flame is just light- it spreads in each of the four directions,
North, South, East and West. It does not face any one direction only," said the man in wonderment.

The boy cried, "Then if this physical light spreads in all four directions such that you cannot tell me which way it faces, then what do you expect of the Noor-us-Samawati-wal-Ard: Allah- the Light of the Heavens and the Earth!? Light upon Light, Allah faces all directions at all times."

The Roman was astonished and astounded that here was a young child answering his challenges in such a way that he could not argue against the proofs. So, he desperately wanted to try his final question. But before doing so, the boy said,

"Wait! You are the one who is asking the questions and I am the one who is giving the answer to these challenges. It is only fair that you should come down to where I am standing and that I should go up where you are right now, in order that the answers may be heard as clearly as the questions."

This seemed reasonable to the Roman, so he came down from where he was standing and the boy ascended the platform. Then the man repeated his final challenge, "Tell me, what is Allah doing at this moment?"

The boy proudly answered, "At this moment, when Allah found upon this high platform a liar and mocker of Islam, He caused him to descend and brought him low. And as for the one who believed in the Oneness of Allah, He raised him up and established the Truth. Allah Almighty says: “Every day He exercises (universal) power” (Ar-Rahman : 29)

The Roman had nothing to say except to leave and return back to his country, defeated. Meanwhile, this young boy grew up to become one of the most famous scholars of Islam. Allah, the Exalted, blessed him with special wisdom and deep insight in religion. His Name was Abu Hanifah (rahmatullah 'alayhi- Allah have mercy on him) and he is known today as Al-Ima Al-A'zam, the Great Imam and scholar of Islam

yellow knife wrote:Ok

[/b]
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm
ok..ok... I am leaving  jiggy and WOT alone... 

Rest is yours
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:50 pm
yellow knife wrote:

Jiggy during old era many nations practiced slavery... just watch GLADIATOR movie or Spartacus...

Exactly cults that practise and condone slavery belongs to the stone age.
You can ask the question differently also, if a sadistic God thinks that slavery and rape is ok and chooses a man who practices slavery as the spreader of his message than what is the difference between god and the devil?
Ask the question even more differently, why would the powerful God bypass the Gandhis and Mandelas of the world and settle for a pervert and a slaver to spread his message?

Crazy saying and doings from the stone age belong in the stone age and they should be questioned and criticised in the 21st century.

Last edited by jiggysaurus on Fri May 15, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 15, 2015 4:54 pm
sashimaal wrote:[size=18]One day, the ruler of Rome at that time sent an envoy to Baghdad

Ayyo just a legend ne.

This joker Abu Hanifa was born in 763, the western Roman empire ended in 476. There be no ruler in Rome by 763. Just a legend to buff up the story of this historic figure. When lies are written for shoeshine boys there was no need to double check facts.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum