The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ?? Empty Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ??

Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:39 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Time | Short Film | By Aarti Bagdi

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ?? Empty Re: Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ??

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 am
Thanks chooty for sharing.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ?? Empty Re: Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ??

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:40 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Thanks for sharing Chutiputha.

This is one of my real experience but different kind of love.  Very Happy

Many years ago, a few senior boys and thugs stormed into the school during interval and beat up a classmate.

We did not say nor do anything, but watched in shock as we did not know what to do.

Chemistry was the period immediately after interval and as the master entered the class, we knew that he was not in a mood to teach.

He was silent for some time and we waited for him to say something.

Then he asked all of us a very simple question.

‘What kind of young men are you, watching your fellow student being beaten up by thugs in the school premises and doing nothing?”

There was no chemistry lesson that afternoon and some enjoyed the break but a few started pondering seriously.

Having enjoyed success the previous day, the seniors and thugs revisited during interval with the idea of bashing the poor fellow up a little more.

What happened thereafter is well known in the school history and that was the last time we had thugs visiting school or seniors flexing their muscles.

The chemistry master came to class grinning from ear to ear after interval that day.

Recently, we had an old teachers’ felicitation ceremony and sadly he could not be invited--for obvious reasons.

The value of unity and standing up against injustice were two lessons we learned from that great chemistry master.

When I narrated this incident at the ceremony, not only those who attended, even the hotel staff were teary eyes.

(May our old chemistry master attain supreme bliss of Nirvana).
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 am
I think I kind of was hinting the same when the forum and some of us were attacked by various parties .

You story is stronger/good example to what I wanted to convey.

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
‘What kind of young men are you, watching your fellow student being beaten up by thugs in the school premises and doing nothing?”
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:53 am
I had a crush,it was the very first crush for a teacher and i think it was the best one looking at past Smile.

She is also a maths teacher in Grade 6.My school(1-6) located @ Weeraketiya. Height is abut Less than 5 Feets Smile .
Good Conduct  in teaching to students. Lovely one.
I loved Maths a lot,i think she is the reason behind that.I still can remember her name.
How Sweet Ah,but i dont know where is she now Sad
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:58 am
chutiputha wrote:I had a crush,it was the very first crush for a teacher and i think it was the best one looking at past Smile.
She is also a maths teacher in Grade 6.My school(1-6) located @ Weeraketiya. Height is abut Less than 5 Feets Smile .
I loved Maths a lot,i think she is the reason behind that.I still can remember her name.
Give us the details and I will find out the whereabout and lot more about her. Very Happy
(This is one of my specialties).
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:07 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Thanks for sharing Chutiputha.

This is one of my real experience but different kind of love.  Very Happy

Many years ago, a few senior boys and thugs stormed into the school during interval and beat up a classmate.

We did not say nor do anything, but watched in shock as we did not know what to do.

Chemistry was the period immediately after interval and as the master entered the class, we knew that he was not in a mood to teach.

He was silent for some time and we waited for him to say something.

Then he asked all of us a very simple question.

There was no chemistry lesson that afternoon and some enjoyed the break but a few started pondering seriously.

Having enjoyed success the previous day, the seniors and thugs revisited during interval with the idea of bashing the poor fellow up a little more.

What happened thereafter is well known in the school history and that was the last time we had thugs visiting school or seniors flexing their muscles.

The chemistry master came to class grinning from ear to ear after interval that day.

Recently, we had an old teachers’ felicitation ceremony and sadly he could not be invited--for obvious reasons.

The value of unity and standing up against injustice were two lessons we learned from that great chemistry master.

When I narrated this incident at the ceremony, not only those who attended, even the hotel staff were teary eyes.

(May our old chemistry master attain supreme bliss of Nirvana).

Great mate wish the same.
I can imagine the scene.
We always remember such incidents rather than the routine lessons learnt in classes.

Also word for SLS true there are so many people heed your valuble advices and come through the ranks.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:09 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
chutiputha wrote:I had a crush,it was the very first crush for a teacher and i think it was the best one looking at past Smile.
Give us the details and I will find out the whereabout and lot more about her. Very Happy

Chooti Puthe parissamin...

Wink Wink
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:13 am
Eureka Very Happy
serene wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Wink Wink
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:20 am
Wow,U got My PM...
මට පොඩි සින්දු කැල්ලක් මටක් උනා,"මට මගේ නොවන මගේම ආදරයක් තිබුණා"
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Eureka  Very Happy
serene wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Wink Wink
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:21 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
You meant about Kithsiri Aiya right? Not the teacher.

serene wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Wink Wink
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 am
slstock wrote:You meant about Kithsiri Aiya right? Not the teacher.

serene wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Wink Wink

Razz Razz Razz
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 am
හපොයි,මේ මාතෘකාවත් වල් වෙගෙනද යන්නේ ... Razz Razz Razz Razz
slstock wrote:You meant about Kithsiri Aiya right? Not the teacher.

serene wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Wink Wink
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 pm
It that possible to find her??
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 pm
Let is go is my advise.
(Men are " Get & Forget " kind of species. Once you get it, you lose the charm. That is why someone said unachieved dreams are far better than achieved ones).    Very Happy
chutiputha wrote:It that possible to find her??
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Let is go is my advise.
(Men are " Get & Forget " kind of species. Once you get it, you lose the charm. That is why someone said unachieved dreams are far better than achieved ones).    Very Happy
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
Sensible Advice kith.
Nela ganna beri hindai oba oya tharamata lassana
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:35 pm
Do u Have this type of Experience in School Days ?? Sulage10
serene wrote:Sensible Advice kith.
Nela ganna beri hindai oba oya tharamata lassana

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Let is go is my advise.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
Future123

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:14 pm
Nice one chuti. + Rep
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:14 pm
"මට මගේ නොවන, මගේම ආදරයක් තිබුණා....මගේම ආදරයක් තිබුණා"...
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:26 pm
Chuti you are 27 right?

You still have a bit more time to establish your self before you get into any "mess" Razz

Let me tell you one thing, sometimes one has to be able to stand on ones feet ( and maybe just a little selfish) before doing social service or get into responsibilies such as marriage . Save some money. Try to be independant much as possible. That can buy oneself peace of mind compared to acting on quick emotions or pressures.

Now about this teacher of yours ....... Razz Razz okay I will stop.

chutiputha wrote:"මට මගේ නොවන, මගේම ආදරයක් තිබුණා....මගේම ආදරයක් තිබුණා"...
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:46 pm
Aha Yes Sir,U r correct.Thank You Very Much for ur valuable ideas and hints for me..
Yah i played my role as independent person since i was 8 years old(the day i left from my home for my studies).
I had very hard times in my life so far,and i know there are hard times in future too..
hm hope to get marry by this or next year (not the teacher Razz).

slstock wrote:Chuti you are 27 right?

You still have a bit  more time  to establish your self  before you get into any "mess" Razz  

Let me tell you one thing,  sometimes one has to be able to stand on ones feet (  and maybe just a little selfish) before doing social service or  get into responsibilies  such as marriage .  Save some money. Try to be independant much as possible.  That can buy oneself  peace of mind  compared to acting on quick emotions  or pressures.

Now  about this  teacher of yours  .......  Razz Razz  okay I will stop.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 pm
I had my share of life challenges too. Some very very major ones. Some of which I even face right now.
Some of them are unbelievably unfair but some are partly due to my own fault ( not that I did bad things) .

In reality am not such a big shot . My comments may appear different . But I have done my duty to the country for some years, done social service , help some foreigners of the world , helped my folks etc .
But am not sure whether I did justice to myself.

It also means I made my mistakes too . I skipped some general accepted standards of the world due to my different thinking ( which did not go in my favor though I know what I did was right and stood up for what is right)

World is not fair place as we like it to be.

b] Sometimes the only weapon that will be on your side is your honesty, independence and your ethics. Sometime you will be only friend left [/b]

You might loose / have to sacrifice everything else in the world : designations, money, comfort, standard social life patterns etc etc if one stand up for the right.

It a choice you make at times.

But for you , yes balance your life with family, friends, money , service to the country, social service and above all have a clear conscience when if thing go wrong.

The greatest asset ( to my thinking) one can have to to die with clear conscience with clear thoughts.

All wordly goods , family , belongings are "Nesena Suluya" ( perish)

Nopamawa kusal dham puranna.

chutiputha wrote:Aha Yes Sir,U r correct.Thank You Very Much for ur valuable ideas and hints for me..
Yah i played my role as independent person since i was 8 years old(the day i left from my home for my studies).
I had very hard times in my life so far,and i know there are hard times in future too..
hm hope to get marry by this or next year (not the teacher Razz).

slstock wrote:Chuti you are 27 right?

You still have a bit  more time  to establish your self  before you get into any "mess" Razz  

Let me tell you one thing,  sometimes one has to be able to stand on ones feet (  and maybe just a little selfish) before doing social service or  get into responsibilies  such as marriage .  Save some money. Try to be independant much as possible.  That can buy oneself  peace of mind  compared to acting on quick emotions  or pressures.

Now  about this  teacher of yours  .......  Razz Razz  okay I will stop.

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:40 pm
Wisdom really does come with age, scientists say.

Although older people's brains slow down, experience and knowledge more than make up for it - helping them make better financial decisions, a study shows.

It is the first time two types of intelligence - fluid and crystallized - have been tested among different age groups.

Fluid intelligence is the ability to learn and process information while the latter refers to experience and accumulated knowledge.

A series of economic tests found the older group of 163 participants aged 60 to 82 were better than the 173 younger counterparts of 18 to 29.

This included 'temporal discounting' (how much people discount future gains and losses), loss aversion (how much the valuation of losses outweigh gains of the same magnitude), financial literacy (understanding financial information and decisions) and debt literacy (understanding debt contracts and interest rates).

The older group exhibited greater patience and better financial and debt understanding.

They were also somewhat less afraid of losses but the result did not reach standard levels of significance.

The study, published in the journal Psychology and Ageing, said past research has found fluid intelligence declines with age but provides no definitive conclusion as to whether decision-making abilities sag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2432221/Wisdom-really-does-come-age-Older-peoples-knowledge-experience-means-make-better-decisions.html
dhanurrox

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:03 pm
man bolada wiye badi ale.a nice song
chutiputha
chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 pm
lol! lol! lol!
dhanurrox wrote:man bolada wiye badi ale.a nice song
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum