The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of..

+15
xmart
smallville
Seyon
CK
nihal123
slstock
Yin-Yang
PANTOMATH
ruwan326
hammurabi
Backstage
Ethical Trader
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
yellow knife
serene
19 posters
Go down
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Empty My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of..

Mon May 06, 2019 7:38 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
yap..
My Portfolio is bleeding but its just the beginning of my next investment phase with renewed energy and more concrete strategy.
I consider this as cost for learning or expenses of doing bussines ( Turtle Way ).
No predictions or hopes either.
Ena vidihakata moona denawa.
But Ill make sure lessons are learnt and accept that Mr.Market is always right and I'll never ever go against  or try to beat the market.
And i think this is an excellent opportunity to define our strategies and stick in to it. Market is not bad as it suggested by share prices of the counters.
Only thing is we should have guts to treat unrealised losses as sunk costs and to think that we bought  our shares at todays prices and to hinge upon our buy /sell / hold decisions to todays prices and expected prices in the future.
Would like to know about others experience and insight about the same.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Empty Re: My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of..

Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
My PF too started bleeding..

If you are afraid of Blood and if you faint by seeing that the best remedy is not to look at the wound.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Lord-of-the-rings-quote-12

Even if you are a Lion there are times you have to survive eating caterpillars.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Lion-king-hakuna-matata-toddler-t-shirt-11

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Hakuna-matata-means-no-worries-r-the-rest-of-your-11552550
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Empty Re: My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of..

Mon May 06, 2019 12:13 pm
Mine is in RED too.
But I have no intention of cutting loose and getting out right now.
Most likely I will average some of my favourites shares. Very Happy
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 12:25 pm
I like your bold statement. I too in the same camp but no worries as it was owing to my own decisions and no one to be blamed.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:34 pm
yellow knife wrote:My PF too started bleeding..

If you are afraid of Blood and if you faint by seeing that the best remedy is not to look at the wound.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Lord-of-the-rings-quote-12

Even if you are a Lion there are times you have to survive eating caterpillars.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Lion-king-hakuna-matata-toddler-t-shirt-11

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Hakuna-matata-means-no-worries-r-the-rest-of-your-11552550

Thanks YK.
"Hakuna Matata". Matter of changing One letter Wink
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:36 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Mine is in RED too.
But I have no intention of cutting loose and getting out right now.
Most likely I will average some of my favourites shares. Very Happy

Normally in Rajgama there is Good vibes no matter what. Basketball
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:37 pm
It seems only the die hard remains...At least three of us Kith, ET and myself in the same boat.   Serene seems to be representing young-blood.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. 91b912c98dbd17b2d1abb4ffee1a26f1?s=504
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:38 pm
Ethical Trader wrote:I like your bold statement. I too in the same camp but no worries as it was owing to my own decisions and no one to be blamed.

Yap. Very true.
Me too learned that lesson with some cost but no worries at all.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:42 pm
yellow knife wrote:It seems only the die hard remains...At least three of us Kith, ET and myself in the same boat.   Serene seems to be representing young-blood.

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. 91b912c98dbd17b2d1abb4ffee1a26f1?s=504

I think there would be plenty.
They say " birds of a feather flock together ". cheers
We can rise again. To me this might be the perfect opportunity. cheers
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 1:50 pm
Agreed Serene..

I tried to show the both side... When market is going down continuously either we must collect more or sell and vanish.

I too have experienced this kind of drops and my strategy was to buy more
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 2:00 pm
My issues identical to Central Banks.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 2:05 pm
Backstage wrote:My issues identical to Central Banks.
Hammata Please elaborate Backs.
Arjun Mahendran Might answer you.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 2:27 pm
My eternal debt also peaks in 2018/19 and tapers down in 2024. Black swans are sweeping down and scuttling plan B and C. The reserves are still there but under threat. The issue is to survive till 2024 without eroding reserves.
By the way you are invited to my party in December 2024.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Lets do a forensic audit
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 2:52 pm
yellow knife wrote:

Lets do a forensic audit

If you are afraid of Blood and if you faint by seeing that the best remedy is not to look at the wound. tongue
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 3:06 pm
Backstage wrote:My eternal debt also peaks in 2018/19 and tapers down in 2024. Black swans are sweeping down and scuttling plan B and C. The reserves are still there but under threat. The issue is to survive till 2024 without eroding reserves.
By the way you are invited to my party in December 2024.

Backs Maybe we should take a leaf out of Central Bank governors Book and start partying in early ,before any other commitments fallen due. Very Happy
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 06, 2019 3:17 pm
Sri Lanka to enter global value chains with Indian, Chinese linkages: CB Governor
May 06, 2019

ECONOMYNEXT - Sri Lanka will have better prospects to enter global value chains with closer links with India and China, Central Bank Governor Indrajit Coomaraswamy said.

Global value chains are supply chains for a product from conception and design, to marketing and distribution to a customer being distributed geographically across the globe.

"We feel with China's involvement with the Hambantota Port and the industrial zone that is developing around it, we have prospects of breaking into supply chains through that development," he said.

He was speaking via videoconferencing at a forum organized by the London-based think tank, the Overseas Development Institute.

Coomaraswamy said the industrial zone may attract Chinese investment and help Sri Lanka link to global value chains, in a similar manner to South East Asian countries which benefitted with such Chinese investments.

"In addition, what is happening in India could bring about propitious circumstances in replicating what happened in East and South East Asia when first Japan, and then China rose."

"In the past Indian industry has been sluggish and mainly inward looking."

"Now, the Making India strategy one the one hand, the GST which was sold as one tax, one market, one nation, has made it easier for countries in the region to be able to trade with India."

"Most of all, even though there's proximity between Sri Lanka and India, in the past, distance was created due to lack of infrastructure."

Coomaraswamy said with infrastructure being developed in both countries now, Sri Lanka's opportunities to tap into global value chains through India would grow, especially with the Making India strategy.

He said the largest part of trade in Asia has been through global value chains for some time, but Sri Lanka has not been able to tap into this.

"There are many reasons, the main one being the anti-export bias we have tended to have in our overall policy matrix, and the exchange rate, high effective protection with para-tariffs have meant that we have not been able to break into this game."

"These are being addressed with the exchange rate being managed flexibly and para-tariffs are being gradually eliminated," Coomaraswamy said. (Colombo/May02/2019)
hammurabi
hammurabi

Mon May 06, 2019 3:28 pm
If the MPS is undervalued buy more. It will definitely payback
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 7:08 am
I plan to invest in a property and put it up on Air B&B soon for backpackers.
No matter what, they come in good and bad times too. Very Happy
ruwan326
ruwan326

Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I plan to invest in a property and put it up on Air B&B soon for backpackers.

අනුන්ගේ ආයතනයක කොටස් මිළදීගෙන ලාබ ගන්න බලන් ඉන්නවාට වඩා තමන්ගේම ව්‍යපාරයක් පටන්ගන්න එක නම් ඉතාමත් සුදුසුයි. Wink
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 am
Beware of Bag-packers...

Anyway what a lovely bunch of investors here. What ever happens they just keep smiling and do not blame anyone else.

This is the type of investors who will remain in the market during dark eras. They take risk smilingly and the risk they take is a calculated one. No one is trying to mortgage house and buy shares. What ever money you can forget you use it to buy shares.

The traders are different. They flock and argue only in Good times. Then they use all the credit facilities to buy jacked up shares.

We need both. Traders are the people who pay for the buyers in bad times. Traders pay lavishly to those who buy now.

The most attractive share you buy today will be available at a lesser price tomorrow. That's how the market works during bad times. Yet buy.

Now the Hakuna Matatas who studied frog in boiling water can read about Chinese Bamboo..

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. 9k=

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc4C0qQHmje00vvKGNg9yzdcv-H0MCSVI3VE82hcVreSqSu9HY

My Port Folio Bleeding But Its just the Begining Of.. Bambootree
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 am
True YK.
The phases like this revealed our weaknesses, but its time to find our strengths as well.
Discussion of this sort itself speaks volumes our members ability to absorbs socks and going forward without lamenting on things which are beyond our control.
So it's time to rectify our shelves and resort to a Strategy which one should comfortable with.
The people who find fault with system instead they themselves will be ceased to exist sooner or later.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 12:20 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I plan to invest in a property and put it up on Air B&B soon for backpackers.

Hey Kit, I have a property for sale. Its a gem of a land. It has security, hospital , banks free state Ayurveda clinic and a panoramic view. Ideal bag packer country. Added bonus of 15000 young girls in the immediate vicinity. No kidding uncle Kith.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 12:42 pm
PM me details, please.
(15,000 it too much, just 72 virgins are enough) Very Happy

Backstage wrote:

Hey Kit, I have a property for sale. Its a gem of a land. It has security, hospital , banks free state Ayurveda clinic and a panoramic view. Ideal bag packer country. Added bonus of 15000 young girls in the immediate vicinity. No kidding uncle Kith.  
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 07, 2019 12:55 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:PM me details, please.
(15,000 it too much, just 72 virgins are enough) Very Happy

Backstage wrote:

Who said virgins ? According to a recent survey this 15000 are a part of the more sexually active younger generation. Cool Will PM you.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum