The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sri Lanka President drops assassination bombshell, accuses India
Today at 9:48 am by Brave Heart

» Sri Lanka cuts taxes on fuel to keep retail prices below formula
Today at 9:39 am by Brave Heart

» Sri Lanka stocks end flat, rupee marginally weaker
Today at 9:38 am by Brave Heart

» Sri Lanka's Cargills Bank gets BB(lka) credit rating: Fitch
Today at 7:48 am by The Invisible

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
Yesterday at 10:26 pm by PANTOMATH

» PB. N0000 (People's Bank)
Yesterday at 6:01 pm by Ethical Trader

» BOC.N0000 ( Bank of Ceylon)
Yesterday at 5:52 pm by Ethical Trader

» රුපියලේ ඉරණම
Yesterday at 5:50 pm by Ethical Trader

» Sri Lanka gets US$1bn eight-year loan from China Development Bank
Yesterday at 8:06 am by serene

» Sri Lanka 3-month Treasuries yield up 20bp at auction
Yesterday at 7:48 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka seeks joint venture with Indian Oil unit for Trinco oil tanks
Yesterday at 7:46 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka stocks down 0.33-pct, rupee steady
Yesterday at 7:45 am by The Invisible

» Global stocks mostly fall as Fed signals more US rate hikes ahead
Yesterday at 7:44 am by The Invisible

» SAMP.N0000 (SAMPATH BANK PLC)
Yesterday at 7:39 am by The Invisible

» Plantation sector updates
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:22 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Fed Rate hike , Rs Devaluation PART 2 : Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:14 pm by Yin-Yang

» Banking Sector
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 am by lanka

» Sri Lanka needs prudent fiscal policy to retain confidence, refinance debt: Economist
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:51 am by The Invisible

» EPF needs governance overhaul, proxy advisor, to invest in Sri Lanka stock market
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:49 am by The Invisible

» 17-pct of Sri Lankans stunted: World Bank Human Capital Index
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:45 am by The Invisible

» Coalition politics hurt Sri Lanka liberalization drive: Harsha
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka President calls to expand Nixon shock as rupee falls
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka new car registrations down 40-pct in September
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:39 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka stocks up 0.37-pct, rupee ends marginally lower
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:38 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka’s Nations Trust Bank gets US$50mn from Dutch lender
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:58 am by serene

» JKH shares trade Rs1.1bn worth at 126-127/share in today’s trades
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm by PANTOMATH

» Only 8-pct of Sri Lanka’s 2018 budget promises progressing on track: Verité
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:14 pm by serene

» වෙළෙඳපොළ වැටුණු මොහොතේ නිමල් රු. බිලියන 2 ක කොටස් අරන්
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:35 am by Ethical Trader

» බැඳුම්කර මගඩියෙන් අර්ථසාධක අරමුදලට වූ පාඩු පියවා ගන්න මහ බැංකුව සිවිල් නඩුකර පවරයි
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:32 am by Ethical Trader

» සිංගර් කොටස් ගනුදෙනුවෙන් පසු ශුද්ධ විදේශීය ගලායාම රු. බිලියන 8 ඉක්මවයි
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 am by Ethical Trader

» Hayleys buys balance 9.47-stake in Singer Sri Lanka
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:24 am by yellow knife

» Sri Lanka's All Share index falls below 5,800 points
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 am by serene

» Sri Lanka stocks end 0.70-pct lower, rupee lose some gains
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:33 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka gilt yield curve flattens amid currency pressure
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:30 am by The Invisible

» Global stocks mixed as oil gains amid scrutiny of Saudi Arabia
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:24 am by The Invisible

» චීන සංවර්ධන බැංකුවේ සරණින් රුපියල අළු ගසා නැගිටියි
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:11 pm by serene

» Will take care of debt issues of Belt and Road projects: China
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 pm by serene

» සිංගර් ඉතුරු කොටස ධම්මික අද මිල දී ගනී
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm by The Invisible

» ලංකා හා මහජන බැංකු කොටස් අලෙවියක්
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:23 pm by nihal123

» රුපියල ශක්තිමත් කිරීමට අතේ ඇති ඩොලර් විසි කිරීමේ අවාසිය
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 am by The Invisible

» Global stocks stumble as Trump attacks Fed
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 am by The Invisible

» අහිමි වෙන ඉරාන තේ වෙළෙඳපොළ වෙනුවට රජය විකල්ප සොයාගෙන නෑ
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka apparel exports up 7.8-pct in Aug despite Brexit hit
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 am by The Invisible

» 'Shock not over' as Asian stocks extend slide
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:24 am by The Invisible

» "The unreasonable man" - Rohan Pallewatte
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:55 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 pm by Yin-Yang

» Investing in stocks - how to find the best time to buy or sell
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:15 pm by nihal123

»  How To Identify Stock Market Direction (Trends) Part 1
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 pm by nihal123

» Backroom moves over Sri Lanka Chief Justice pick
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Sri Lanka makes second forced bond sale, yields up
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 am by The Invisible

October 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Greed , Fear and Investing

Go down

Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by mymoney on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 pm

These days we can see many shares appreciate with good volumes. Many charts give buy signals. Feel too much of greed when we see this price improvements. If we see one share is moving we feel greedy to buy that share, if we see other share is moving we greed to buy that share also. We forget the fundamental value when we see this movements. But if we behave without a proper pre thinking, There is a sinhala saying "දොඩම් ගොඩ බදා ගත්තා වගය්"

So, Expect you view how to behave on this kind of situation ?

mymoney

Posts : 492
Join date : 2014-08-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by bugbee on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks for the advice, I think tolerant and feel less overwhelming can help us to determine the right shares these days. 
avatar
bugbee

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by serene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:29 am

mymoney wrote:These days we can see many shares appreciate with good volumes. Many charts give buy signals. Feel too much of greed when we see this price improvements. If we see one share is moving we feel greedy to buy that share, if we see other share is moving we greed to buy that share also. We forget the fundamental value when we see this movements. But if we behave without a proper pre thinking, There is a sinhala saying "දොඩම් ගොඩ බදා ගත්තා වගය්"

So, Expect you view how to behave on this kind of situation ?

Good one mate.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 3875
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by yaka on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 am

yes exactly, but when remember the burnt marks from 2012 I take my self away from the lap to avoid do the foolish buying like that. many times even started to put buy order and then cancelled......

yaka

Posts : 374
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by balapas on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:53 am

Good post I see people making and some loosing lot of money from Greg W , Tap.N these days. Always there is some share brokers manipulate and the herd instinct works and retailers go behind it. This works purely on luck.

In casinos there is a saying house always win and even if you win one day going behind these shares you will lose more on another day. Buy boring shares but the ones that performing satisfactorily so you will get rewarded with steady gains if you can wait.

balapas
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 761
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by smallville on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm

If you take a water drop from the ocean, will the ocean feel? I traded all these crap for the past week and still do.. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose Smile

And if you invest - yes fundamentals is a must.. But if you would like to trade all u wanna know is tech patterns + news.

The difference is our ppl dont understand wat to invest and what to buy on speculatation..

U need to know how to get and when to get.. It depends on yout risk-rewards strategy as well.. I only trade with abt 10% of a total portfolio.. Mine is a small one relatively also.

I hinted on a TAP run and I expect you guys would have benefited from it immensely. Few ppl wil say yes and other will even scold me.. The ppl who scold me are the ones who get it late and burnt. When it was well under 3, I spotted a pattern and shared.. The next day even it stayed below 3 and collected then suddenly.. BOOOM...
Most of us, when we see a share goin down than the price it was mostly collected, we fear... we feel its over.. but these are traps.. the ppl behind the runs keep it low and collecect then starts clearing the top.. And we retailers joing the bandwagon and it shoots..

There can come a day we all consider GREG an investment but for now its pure crap on fundamentals.


_________________
I take risks as a Trader and I select stocks based on Tech and daily Cash in/out. Therefore, my methods may not suit u.. so DYO analysis before making any decisions.
avatar
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1732
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Trying to figure out..

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by pathfinder on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 pm

smallville wrote:If you take a water drop from the ocean, will the ocean feel? I traded all these crap for the past week and still do.. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose Smile

And if you invest - yes fundamentals is a must.. But if you would like to trade all u wanna know is tech patterns + news.

The difference is our ppl dont understand wat to invest and what to buy on speculatation..

U need to know how to get and when to get.. It depends on yout risk-rewards strategy as well.. I only trade with abt 10% of a total portfolio.. Mine is a small one relatively also.

I hinted on a TAP run and I expect you guys would have benefited from it immensely. Few ppl wil say yes and other will even scold me.. The ppl who scold me are the ones who get it late and burnt. When it was well under 5, I told there's a pattern.. The next day even it stayed below 5 and collected then suddenly.. BOOOM...

There can come a day we all consider GREG an investment but for now its pure crap on fundamentals.
Well said mate,one should learn how to swim before jump in to the sea,If not better to have a bath from a shower Twisted Evil
avatar
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Greed , Fear and Investing

Post by serene on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:32 pm

pathfinder wrote:
smallville wrote:If you take a water drop from the ocean, will the ocean feel? I traded all these crap for the past week and still do.. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose Smile

And if you invest - yes fundamentals is a must.. But if you would like to trade all u wanna know is tech patterns + news.

The difference is our ppl dont understand wat to invest and what to buy on speculatation..

U need to know how to get and when to get.. It depends on yout risk-rewards strategy as well.. I only trade with abt 10% of a total portfolio.. Mine is a small one relatively also.

I hinted on a TAP run and I expect you guys would have benefited from it immensely. Few ppl wil say yes and other will even scold me.. The ppl who scold me are the ones who get it late and burnt. When it was well under 5, I told there's a pattern.. The next day even it stayed below 5 and collected then suddenly.. BOOOM...

There can come a day we all consider GREG an investment but for now its pure crap on fundamentals.
Well said mate,one should learn how to swim before jump in to the sea,If not better to have a bath from a shower Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 3875
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum