The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

A GREAT LAND and its NOT so great PEOPLE ?

+13
pjrngroup
Market lover
Backstage
WasteofTime
yellow knife
Rana
blacknights
Defender
spw19721
Ethical Trader
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
slstock
17 posters
Go down
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

A GREAT LAND and its NOT so great PEOPLE ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: A GREAT LAND and its NOT so great PEOPLE ?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Kindly note ,

1) I wrote pages on other issues and 1 line on ragging here.

There were much bigger issues related to this forum/country  on decency/behavior/ethics  but only few who cared commented on those issues.
Many kept silent ( but atleast the  forum is more active now )

2) I asked no one who doesn't want to , to  comment on this post or any post I make.

I leave it for you"ll to comment on the topic that interests you. ( be it ragging or the bigger matters)

3)  On the comment by Hunter

"Huh...SLS is always good at dropping land-mines from air"

a)  I don't know what that means or what was meant by it.  
b)  was it the ideal welcomefirst comment to a post of mine after 6 months  by you
c) But  I do write posts to wake up people on important stuff ( to anyone who Care)  

BUT ALL PLEASE DO NOTE SO FAR :

1) FOR SHARES :  I already did big updates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RWSL  see below
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1377p75-rwsl-what-do-you-think#79672

ACL/KCAB/APLA  see below
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t2780p225-acl-kcab-and-apla-future#79548

CDB :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t2657p100-cdb-the-past-and-the-future#79691

Be Careful ( related to shares) see below
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p350-be-careful-thread#79640

Some other minor posts on LITE + CDB

2) For other posts on society  :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This original post itself which carries the biggest value  of all the posts I made if someone is really concerned.

3) RAGGING  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems  people are more interested in the ragging matter  ...

I now have material for small book that resulted from  that discussion.

Raggers ( who did it),
People who got ragged and now regret,
People who got ragged/ragged others but still uphold ragging
Anti raggers,
Uni lecturers,
People who were in the union ,
people who got degrees from abroad ( no ragging ),
general observers etc etc

all commented and still commenting.

[b] Once you start looking at this issue in a deep way only you start seeing all angles.
Why the need? Why is it done. What is wrong and what is right?
How  is the media is involved. Blows it up.  
Are the raggers the only guilty parties to this bigger issue.
Who is responsible?
How can it stopped if ever and who can stop it

were all discussed/disscusing.

Once you start listening to Ragger , Anti raggers and people who are directly involved
now I see the problem in more depth and light than I saw before.

Anyway, this post was for bigger cause people have not commented on.
But added on ragging as it seems to interest more  people  and and is also social concern.

Last edited by slstock on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added a share update ( CDB) and note hunters comment made on me)
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

A GREAT LAND and its NOT so great PEOPLE ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: A GREAT LAND and its NOT so great PEOPLE ?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
slstock wrote:[size=16]

3)  On the comment by Hunter

"Huh...SLS is always good at dropping land-mines from air"

a)  I don't know what that means or what was meant by it.  

Meant to suggest that the topic was explosively interesting; even if not related to shares.

In general, when I comment, you better take it positively with a happy and cheerful note Mr. SLS.

As I observe, after a long time, it seems your cheerful half has gone to hibernation; wake it up!.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm
You character difference ( what ever happened after that transformation you said you consciously went through) , the Language use ( which sound a bit rude to me) , and way you present it , is not something I know of the Hunter I used to know for many years. So this change is too big for me to fathom . Also as we only communicated a few times within last 6 months I never saw this big change.language coming.
So yes it surprised me a lot.

Sorry. I think we should end this discussion as it not really relevant to the key issues I highlighted in this post .

I put several other posts too today on shares taking lot of time as I promised people I will do it. No more time or energy to waste.

good luck

HUNTER wrote:

In general, when I comment, you better take it positively with a happy and cheerful note Mr. SLS.

As I observe, after a long time, it seems your cheerful half has gone to hibernation; wake it up!.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm
ADDED another post on RELIGIONS/ATHEISM and JUDGEMENT/JUDGING OTHERS

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t9292-it-s-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-bad#79760

slstock wrote:

BUT ALL PLEASE DO NOTE SO FAR :

1) FOR SHARES :  I already did big updates

RWSL  see below

ACL/KCAB/APLA  see below

CDB :

Be Careful ( related to shares) see below
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p350-be-careful-thread#79640

2) For other posts on society  :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1)
This original post itself which carries the biggest value  of all the posts I made if someone is really concerned.

2) Religion, Atheism, Judging others

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t9292-it-s-better-to-be-an-atheist-than-a-bad#79760

3) RAGGING  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems  people are more interested in the ragging matter  ...

I now have material for small book that resulted from  that discussion.

Raggers ( who did it),
People who got ragged and now regret,
People who got ragged/ragged others but still uphold ragging
Anti raggers,
Uni lecturers,
People who were in the union ,
people who got degrees from abroad ( no ragging ),
general observers etc etc

all commented and still commenting.

[b] Once you start looking at this issue in a deep way only you start seeing all angles.
Why the need? Why is it done. What is wrong and what is right?
How  is the media is involved. Blows it up.  
Are the raggers the only guilty parties to this bigger issue.
Who is responsible?
How can it stopped if ever and who can stop it

were all discussed/disscusing.

Once you start listening to Ragger , Anti raggers and people who are directly involved
now I see the problem in more depth and light than I saw before.

Anyway, this post was for bigger cause people have not commented on.
But added on ragging as it seems to interest more  people  and and is also social concern.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:49 pm
Thank you for the note pjrngroup.

I know you are on of the few who care.

pjrngroup wrote:Happy birthday SLS. I joined in this forum in nov 2015, less than one year only i had the  opportunity to read your post.

I totally understand the pain you are going through.

in the short period of time, I came to know how much you are doing to the forum/public without any reward.

I truly respect you/your free service to the community.

I know there are Honourable gentlemen in this forum.

i know the ungreatful one's trying to spoil the forum/your free service for their own self benifit,  [removed by admin]

other one's are away as the market is dull these days.

there will be fox in any jungle. I hope you will definitely understand what i am trying to say.

i don't get much time here to write or reply due to my work.

but i truly respect your free service...

what you have done to the public without getting anything from them is commendable.

someone on top keep watching and recording everything without any small error even. they will get their punishment when the time comes for their ungratefulness. i have seen it through my own life .
pjrngroup

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Thanks SLS.

Very rare to find people like you in this world who does public service without expecting anything .

I can imagine how many hours you are spending to analyse shares/warn people or new comers/protect others/ AND TRYING TO MAKE OTHERS UNDERSTAND WHAT IS ETHICS OR TRYING TO BUILD A ETHICAL COMMUNITY IN SRI LANKA in a bigger picture.

You are a exceptional person i came across in this world.

so far I have travelled more than 60 countries in this world.

Everyone wants to become rich as fast as possible, so they do not think or they don't have time to think about ethics.

Again Thank you so much SLS.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:28 am
so far I have travelled more than 60 countries in this world

Its nice to see you in this forum.. travel far and stay long is an advice given to young Jews... The more you read the more you travel better you understand the world.

Everyone wants to become rich

This reminds me Wolf of Wall Street. Stock Broker says " Everyone wants to be Rich " and another argue " but there are Buddhists and (free) Masons..."

I am reading you PJRNgroup and thanks SLS again for the marvelous job you do
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm
ok

Last edited by The Alchemist on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Answer to the Idealist quote "to be truly great, we must not expect anything and accept everything"

I saw someone appreciate . Then as usual some else came to say  above line.

MY ANSWER :

One can so easily say "to be truly great, we must not expect anything and accept everything " . Yes .

Well no one can deny "idealistic part" to say so  But is it wise to even except such?

But can you find me such people in this world please?  We are not saints.
Even saint may expect something. What ? Results .
What about people who want to attain Arahath? What do they expect?

Yes we all expect something. That the reality in this world.

When we put time for cause we need to see results.
If it not money , not fame , not contacts .. not food .. not etc etc etc .. it has to be something.

Maybe cleaner air , maybe less animal abuse, maybe cleaner CSE  ..  

Else that time can be used elsewhere , where it benefits us or make us happier or productive is it not?  

Think this way. Would you post 100 posts here and fight with masses even if you see injustice and pumps and dumps.  NO you don't.  When ALUF was  pushing Rs 50 did you raise your voice? I warned atleast it is over valued so innocent won't get caught to false valuations and pushes for others to dump. When LITE was Rs 12 pushing to Rs 15 did you raise you voice?  NO.  I warned that LITE is not worth it and to be careful as it has run too much. Some exited happily at Rs 12-13 after trying to pump it up further.  But what about the others who get caught during the promotions. When we warned for public sake ... gangs come attack us naturally. We are the bad guys. Who stand up for the guys who is doing it add balance and warn? At current prices , those shares are at 30-40% loss from the top of the pumping. Need 5 other examples of such shares? On the other hand on the same context what about demotions of shares after they are correct to low prices to collect even lower?

So for the people who do it for nothing else but a positive change for others yes some gratitude , appreciation is needed. Else why they have to do it  for sake of others? What keep them going? What  the motivation?

There is one statement  I finally like to make

"People who stand up for the right and sacrifice their time for others are the Idiots in this society.  Instead of appreciation they get mud,  attacks and Jealousy thrown at. Sadly sometimes the same people they stand up to do service  for let them down"

Then such people will go way where it is better.
So I think we have to see this in much broader and reasonable angle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon my  effort/job here will be over and then I will go silent . I cannot afford more time here.  I have other hobbies, other things problems to solve, thing to do and write at places where it is more effective.

Soon hunting season will begin at forums /CSE.

Some of us did what we could here to educate.
Some will appreciate what we did. Other will find fault am sure. Some will be happy
to see us leave.

Yes I expect that good people receive some thing in return.
Recognition , appreciation for their time and effort. Else they will go away and let
the cess pits to remain with no one sticking their necks to volunteer to clean up.
No one want to spent  time for ungrateful people . Well it is so easy for such who volunteer to join the gangs who oppose them and make money for themselves using the same ways.  Why fight againt it . Stupid guy right for wanting a social change?

My original post in the thread talks about how even good people can get victimized, frustrated  and become part of the system as there is no choice. Then they become bad.

I was talking about not myself here but in general the decently intention people who keep the world going for other masses just to sit and  take and  later maybe ungratefully attack also.  We need to think broader.

Last edited by slstock on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated, added content and modified as necessary)
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 pm
slstock wrote:
Soon hunting season will begin at forums /CSE.

Aha i am getting message about your thinking of the market.
so all is not lost. i am happy to know that at least your bullish.
please stay and educate us. we appreciate it.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:18 am

For anyone interested summary of discussions carried out to keep my word mentioned here  .... Good luck.

FOR SHARES :  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RWSL  see below
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1377p75-rwsl-what-do-you-think#79674
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1377p100-rwsl-what-do-you-think#79689
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1377p100-rwsl-what-do-you-think#79766

ACL/KCAB/APLA  see below

CDB :

LFIN :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t5227p250-lfin-future#79809

LITE ( a warning also)

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t9253-lite-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel#79633
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p350-be-careful-thread#79905

ALLI :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1223p750-share-discussions#79810

DOCK :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t8229p200-few-hours-only-ask-any-question-related-to-cse-shares#79881

PINS :
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1223p750-share-discussions#79906

JINS ( brief)
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1223p750-share-discussions#79954

LWL, PLC an KHL
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t8229p200-few-hours-only-ask-any-question-related-to-cse-shares#79955

PDL
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t8229p200-few-hours-only-ask-any-question-related-to-cse-shares#79956

Poultry Shares ( some comments)
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t8229p225-few-hours-only-ask-any-question-related-to-cse-shares#80054

LALU,ALUK, PARQ, ALUF : Aluminium Sector shares ( when to buy? )
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p375-be-careful-thread#80060

Be Careful /Alert ( related to shares) both Sell or Buy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p350-be-careful-thread#79640

2) WARNING ON STILL ARTIFICIALLY HIGHER PRICE SHARES IN THIS MARKET
( including LITE)
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p350-be-careful-thread#79905

3) Pountry Sector ( BFL, TAFL, GRAN and even CIC)
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p375-be-careful-thread#80059

4) Alumimum sector ( when to sell- when promotions , when to buy - prices are low)
https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1015p375-be-careful-thread#80060

Market Directions ( initiation and comment)

1) https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t983p975-cse-l-where-are-we-heading#79693

2) https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t6747p325-are-we-made-up-of-waves#79847

On society  :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1)

2) Answer to the Idealist quote "to be truly great, we must not expect anything and accept everything"

https://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t9263p25-a-great-land-and-its-not-so-great-people#79949

3)  Religion, Atheism and Should we  judging others

4) University  RAGGING

Briefly commented on this thread.

Last edited by slstock on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:20 am
Deep sea is beckoning again (and Oh poor gulls) Rolling Eyes ?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum