The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Just to Calm the mind.

+4
nihal123
Backstage
The Alchemist
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
8 posters
Go down
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Just to Calm the mind. Empty Just to Calm the mind.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Just to Calm the mind. Empty Re: Just to Calm the mind.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:05 pm
Superb ! i am a big fan of Goenka & Vipassana, although i have not as yet done the 10 day course.
Thanks Kithsiri.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:43 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks Kiths. I first did a 10 day Goenka course at Dhamma Kuta in Peradeniya in 1996. They were the most important life changing 10 days of my life. every couple of years I go back to the hilltop at Peradeniya to re boot and defrag my mind. There are now 3 Goenka centers, Peradeniya, Kosgama and Anuradhapura. If anyone is interested , I will only be too happy to help point the way and give some practical tips on how to prepare for a course. The course info is on www.dhamma.org
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:48 pm
Thanks.  Very Happy
My mind is like a let loose mare and I do not have the discipline for meditation.
Anyhow, some day I will contact you to get some directions, if I decided to call it a day and hang my boots (if you know what I mean). Embarassed
Backstage wrote:Thanks Kiths. I first did a 10 day Goenka course at Dhamma Kuta in Peradeniya in 1996. They were the most important life changing 10 days of my life. every couple of years I go back to the hilltop at Peradeniya to re boot and defrag my mind. There are now 3 Goenka centers, Peradeniya, Kosgama and Anuradhapura. If anyone is interested , I will only be too happy to help point the way and give some practical tips on how to prepare for a course. The course info is on www.dhamma.org  
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:40 pm
Backstage wrote:Thanks Kiths. I first did a 10 day Goenka course at Dhamma Kuta in Peradeniya in 1996. They were the most important life changing 10 days of my life. every couple of years I go back to the hilltop at Peradeniya to re boot and defrag my mind. There are now 3 Goenka centers, Peradeniya, Kosgama and Anuradhapura. If anyone is interested , I will only be too happy to help point the way and give some practical tips on how to prepare for a course. The course info is on www.dhamma.org

Backstage Thanks

Kosgama, Is it near to Avissawella Colombo road or other place

I am interest. Kosgama is 8km away from waga.

Last edited by nihal123 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add some words)
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:21 am
Thanks. + Rep.
KDDND
KDDND
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:32 am
Thanks KT.....
Shares of this company is free available.....
but we need time to buy it....
once we brought...
we can't sold it.... but we can lose it...!!!

if correctly understood......
this statement has good meaning.....
"Buddhism is the best ever business I have ever met...."
in this concept....
I am the buyer and I am the seller.... no one can steel my profit or losses.... I will definitely use it with the time to come.... but some penny thing might go away as the way I do BIG profits and losses....

Finest thing I ever came across in my life....!!!
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:19 pm
Thanks Kith for posting and Back for the info.

It sounds very very interesting.

Backstage, I like to know more about it.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:33 am
Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)
Since some asked..... some practical tips for a 10 day course.

There are three meditation centers that facilitate Goenka 's courses. Peradeniya, Kosgama and Anuradhapura.(I prefer Peradeniya due to temperature and mosquito factor) You can go to dhamma.org and click on Sri lanka and find the course schedules upto a year ahead for each center. If you have a basic English knowledge, I would recommend you follow an English course as a part of the flow in the teaching is disrupted due to the translation. It is 90 % very simple language.
Practical Preparation for a 10 day course.
One of the shortcomings that I have observed is that, no one teaches newcomers about posture. Since this course is mainly seated meditation, it would help immensly if have sorted out the best sitting position for ones self prior to starting the course. The "half lotus position which I use is supposed to be one of the best for your blood circulation. Seated cross legged, without overlapping the folded legs, with a cushion raising only your back up about 4 inches from the ground, if you balance yourself so that your spine is straight and not getting pulled in any direction.( they say to keep your spine tention free as if it is a tall pile of coins stacked one on top of the other) Hope this does not sound complicated, it would help if you experiment before hand and find the position best suited for you to sit still for long periods of time. Aches and pains are inevitable, but are also an integral part that contributes understanding the nature of sensations. If you have any special problems regarding sitting you may speak to the teacher conducting the course and get permission to use a stool or some other support. But only if essential. Cushions of varied thickness are available at the centers. Each day there is one adishtana session where you are encouraged to try and sit absolutely still for one hour.
You are advised to wear lighter colored comfortable clothing that wouldn't cause any distractions. I take 5 sarongs with me and re use 3 washing daily at the morning break, keeping two on standby in case there is bad weather and clothes don't dry. I take 5 loose comfortable shirts and a couple of t shirts to sleep in if cold. take a shawl or a warm jumper for colder days. Take washing soap, 2 or 3 sheets , pillow cases, towel, torch,umbrella,alarm clock and a flask(samahan /tea bags) If you hand in your flask at lunch time, is filled with hot water and kept for you to pick up at the end of the night session.
The single cell kutis are usually reserved for the more senior mediators and the others are in dormitories with beds separated by curtain. Male accommodation and female accommodation is separated on two sides of the compound. There should not be any interaction with anybody, If you have a practical problem you may speak to a helper, if you have a technichal problem with your practice you may speak with the teacher, other than that, it is strict silence for the entire 10 days of the course.
You cannot pay for your own course as somebody else has paid for it( to humble you to accept dhana). After the course you are free to make a donation of any amount, that will be a contribution to some one else s course. (their cost per mediator per course was around 7000/ a couple of years ago.) but you are free to give what ever you can or want.
You will notice various shortcomings in the place and the people, it is prudent not to focus on those and remind your self that the focus should be on your meditation practice and nothing else. I would also advise that you keep your intellectual arguments at home and come with a truly open mind and try out this technique of "experiencing knowledge" through your own mind and body, a technique that has lasted over 2000 years.

Good luck.
KDDND
KDDND
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:18 am
Backstage wrote:Since some asked..... some practical tips for a 10 day course.

There are three meditation centers that facilitate Goenka 's courses. Peradeniya, Kosgama and Anuradhapura.(I prefer Peradeniya due to temperature and mosquito factor) You can go to dhamma.org and click on Sri lanka and find the course schedules upto a year ahead for each center. If you have a basic English knowledge, I would recommend you follow an English course as a part of the flow in the teaching is disrupted due to the translation. It is 90 % very simple language.
One of the shortcomings that I have observed is that, no one teaches newcomers about posture. Since this course is mainly seated meditation, it would help immensly if have sorted out the best sitting position for ones self prior to starting the course. The "half lotus position which I use is supposed to be one of the best for your blood circulation. Seated cross legged, without overlapping the folded legs, with a cushion raising only your back up about 4 inches from the ground, if you balance yourself so that your spine is straight and not getting pulled in any direction.( they say to keep your spine tention free as if it is a tall pile of coins stacked one on top of the other)  Hope this does not sound complicated, it would help if you experiment before hand and find the position best suited for you to sit still for long periods of time. Aches and pains are inevitable, but are also an integral part that contributes understanding the nature of sensations. If you have any special problems regarding sitting you may speak to the teacher conducting the course and get permission to use a stool or some other support. But only if essential. Cushions of varied thickness are available at the centers.  Each day there is one adishtana session where you are encouraged to try and sit absolutely still for one hour.
You are advised to wear lighter colored comfortable clothing that wouldn't cause any distractions. I take 5 sarongs with me and re use 3 washing daily at the morning break, keeping two on standby in case there is bad weather and clothes don't dry. I take 5 loose comfortable shirts and a couple of t shirts to sleep in if cold. take a shawl or a warm jumper for colder days. Take washing soap, 2 or 3 sheets , pillow cases, towel, torch,umbrella,alarm clock and a flask(samahan /tea bags) If you hand in your flask at lunch time, is filled with hot water and kept for you to pick up at the end of the night session.
The single cell kutis are usually reserved for the more senior mediators and the others are in dormitories with beds separated by curtain. Male accommodation and female accommodation is separated on two sides of the compound. There should not be any interaction  with anybody, If you have a practical problem you may speak to a helper, if you have a technichal problem with your practice you may speak with the teacher, other than that, it is strict silence for the entire 10 days of the course.
You cannot pay for your own course as somebody else has paid for it( to humble you to accept dhana). After the course you are free to make a donation of any amount, that will be a contribution to some one else s course. (their cost per mediator per course was around 7000/ a couple of years ago.) but you are free to give what ever you can or want.
You will notice various shortcomings in the place and the people, it is prudent not to focus on those and remind your self that the focus should be on your meditation practice and nothing else. I would also advise that you keep your intellectual arguments at home and come with a truly open mind and try out this technique of "experiencing knowledge" through your own mind and body, a technique that has lasted over 2000 years.

Good luck.

Thanks to you! Backstage! for giving best hints for the WAY!!!
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:09 pm
Excellent overview Backstage. Thanks.

Is there any vehicle parking facility at the center?
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:13 pm
Backstage wrote:Since some asked..... some practical tips for a 10 day course.

One of the shortcomings that I have observed is that, no one teaches newcomers about posture. Since this course is mainly seated meditation, it would help immensly if have sorted out the best sitting position for ones self prior to starting the course. The "half lotus position which I use is supposed to be one of the best for your blood circulation. Seated cross legged, without overlapping the folded legs, with a cushion raising only your back up about 4 inches from the ground, if you balance yourself so that your spine is straight and not getting pulled in any direction.( they say to keep your spine tention free as if it is a tall pile of coins stacked one on top of the other)  Hope this does not sound complicated, it would help if you experiment before hand and find the position best suited for you to sit still for long periods of time. Aches and pains are inevitable, but are also an integral part that contributes understanding the nature of sensations. If you have any special problems regarding sitting you may speak to the teacher conducting the course and get permission to use a stool or some other support. But only if essential. Cushions of varied thickness are available at the centers.  Each day there is one adishtana session where you are encouraged to try and sit absolutely still for one hour.
The single cell kutis are usually reserved for the more senior mediators and the others are in dormitories with beds separated by curtain. Male accommodation and female accommodation is separated on two sides of the compound. There should not be any interaction  with anybody, If you have a practical problem you may speak to a helper, if you have a technichal problem with your practice you may speak with the teacher, other than that, it is strict silence for the entire 10 days of the course.

Good luck.
Thanks Backstage with +rep
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:32 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HUNTER wrote:Excellent overview Backstage. Thanks.

Is there any vehicle parking facility at the center?

Yes, there is parking space at the Peradeniya center. Though some people do, I think it not advisable to drive straight after a life changing experience. You should get someone to drop you or use public transport. Since I do a lot of driving, I prefer to start the change from the moment I leave home. I get the intercity to Peradeniya, have breakfast at a kaday, walk across the bridge to the Uni roundabout. All the 3 weelers parked there know the center,which is on the top of Mahausakanda, on Mowbray Estate in Hingagala.They charge about about 400 rupees as its a climb up. Do not confuse with Nilambe center which is a more lax, recreational type meditation center. Some guys have also opened bogus centers halfway up the hill to trap unsuspecting foreigners on the way up.
If any one is serious about going and want to know more, I would only be too happy to have a chat over a cup of tea.(I get +reps on my Karmic code) Smile
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:08 am
Thanks Back. ++ Reps.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:39 pm
Thanks again backs.
I am planning to get enrolled next year. But not decided between Kosgama and Kandy. Kosgama is closer.

If you don't mind; I have a question. Do you think all those instructors are well experienced? As I understand, it is absolutely essential that we get a good instructor who know how to guide in the correct path. Isn't it?
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 am
HUNTER
Route: From Colombo, take a Colombo . Awissawella bus from the Main Bus Station in Pettah (Colombo) commuting via Kosgama on Route No. 122 (through Maharagama, on 'High Level Road') or a bus on Route No. 03 (through Kaduwela, on 'Low Level Road') and get off at the bus stop at Kosgama Junction, past the 47th KM post on Colombo - Ratnapura Road. From Kosgama Junction / 47th km post, the Centre is only a walking distance away. If necessary engage a ' Three Wheeler Scooter Taxi., from the taxi stand close to the bus stop at Kosgama Junction. At current rates it may cost you not more than Rs. 100/= (US $01).

If in doubt: If in doubt, or travelling from any other destination in Sri Lanka, contact the Centre for directions on 036 2253955, 036-3866715
http://www.sobha.dhamma.org/
http://www.dhamma.org/en/maps#sobha

Additional information
Vipassana Meditation Centre - Dhamma Sobha
Balika Vidyala Road
Pahala Kosgama, Sri Lanka

Email: info@sobha.dhamma.org

Last edited by nihal123 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add the web ad)
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:27 pm
Thanks Nihal for the directions.

I am reading now the book "Meditation Now"
(Available at www.pariatti.org)

Just wondering to myself why I hadn't heard of this before.

Thanks again Kith for starting this and Backs for the information.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:26 pm
HUNTER wrote:Thanks again backs.
I am planning to get enrolled next year. But not decided between Kosgama and Kandy. Kosgama is closer.

If you don't mind; I have a question. Do you think all those instructors are well experienced? As I understand, it is absolutely essential that we get a good instructor who know how to guide in the correct path. Isn't it?

Was away for a while and just saw this.

All the courses conducted at Goenka centers around the world use the a recording of one of Goenkas courses conducted many years ago. The first course I attended in 1995 used the same recording, when asked about it Goenka said that , the set of instructions were sufficient and there was no need to update or change.
The instructions are given by Goenka in a recording. There is usually a senior teacher who oversees the course. You will be summoned to the teacher who will speak to you regarding your practice and give you advise. Discussions with the teacher typically is about technical aspects of your practice and any difficulties you encounter in following the instructions, intellectual or philosophical discussions are not entertained. I have found over the years that the quality of the teachers vary from course to course. I was lucky to attend several courses conducted by Brindley Ratwatte who was later ordained as Ratwatte Siddhartha Himi, the founder of Dahamma Kuta, who spent many years in the forest monasteries of Burma.

A skillfull teacher conducting the course can be very helpful and give various tips to overcome any issues that crop up, but is not essential to your learning the technique.
The last few courses I did, I had no questions to ask from the teacher and only informed him/her how my practice is progressing and received a few tips to improve. During my first course, I had a few burning questions popping up in my mind which I was contemplating on asking the teacher. Before the last session every evening, there is a discourse by Goenka for about an hour summarizing what we practiced that day,spiced with a lot of humor and sharp penetrating insights on the practice of Buddhist meditation. I found that most of the questions that came to mind were answered at these discourses or the answers unfolded within my own mind if I practiced diligently. Therefore I feel the quality of the teacher conducting the course does not matter that greatly. That the course is carried out as per guidelines is whats important.

There are many teachers and many methods, as your practice progresses, you will then have the knowledge to seek out the style of practice and teacher to suite you.
Now learn to ride the bicycle, later you can decide which brand of bike you are going to ride on the Tour de France. sunny

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:52 pm
@ Backstage,
Can we leave the course even without completing the stipulated number of days ?
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:44 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:@ Backstage,
Can we leave the course even without completing the stipulated number of days ?

No. Not unless there is a serious emergency. Every course one or two out of about 75 drop out, but they are sort of debriefed before leaving. Goenka likens it to, leaving in the middle of a surgical operation. As said in that talk above, Vipassana meditation penetrates into the deeper layers of the mind, and if you leave mid way you could be vulnerable to a bad experience. Very strong determination to complete the 10 days is helpful. Everybody has doubts at first about their physical and mental ability to endure 10 days totally silent, seated bhavana from morning to night, and they are bound to arise, especially when you struggle, with patient and diligent practice, knowledge and clarity unfold from within your own mind. 99% last the 10 days. The last day there is a session of meththa bhavana, which is like a healing balm after the deep surgery of vipassana bhavana at the end everybody is glowing with positive emotion. flower
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:18 pm
Thanks Backstage for the time you spending in explaining our queries.

I saw there are some courses where 80% is reserved for Army personnel.
Do you think it is ok for us to enroll in one of those OR do you think we better avoid those and enroll in a normal course?
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:21 pm
HUNTER wrote:Thanks Backstage for the time you spending in explaining our queries.

I saw there are some courses where 80% is reserved for Army personnel.
Do you think it is ok for us to enroll in one of those OR do you think we better avoid those and enroll in a normal course?

WC. I do not know about the Army personnel, I am not uptodate with whats going on at the courses. I recommend that you do an English course first, as Goenka's speaking has a flow which would be disrupted by translation. He has fine tuned his voice, which actually gives a boost of energy to your practice.

The last few years with the passing away and moving on of several of the key people running Dhamma Kuta, I found that that the standards of administration and general efficiency had come down. But I don't dwell too much on the shortcomings when I am at a course, the total focus is on "me" .

Writing about all this,is making my resolve to step up my practice, stronger. Thanks.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:36 am
Thanks BS.
Your answer signals me that we better be hurry up initiating the action while the quality of the course still prevails.
LSE
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:37 pm
Thank you all for the valuable contribution.
Please check

http://www.aathaapi.org/

1. Download Dhamma Talks
2. Download Dhamma Videos
3. Download Charts
4. Download Dhamma Dilations
5. Download Dhamma E-Books and Dictionaries
6. Download FAQ Answers
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum