The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Trading Journal
Today at 10:59 pm by xmart

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
Today at 8:09 am by ruwan326

» LDEV - Lankem Developments
Yesterday at 2:11 pm by ruwan326

» AMF.N0000
Yesterday at 8:34 am by serene

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Yesterday at 5:04 am by Ethical Trader

» REXP.N0000 ( RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC)
Yesterday at 1:14 am by serene

» MTD WALKERS - KAPI
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 pm by dhanurrox

» විශිෂ්ඨ සිල්ලර වෙළෙන්දෙකුගේ ජීවිත කතාව
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:15 pm by Ethical Trader

» Flying is the Safest mode of Transport
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AAIC.N0000
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm by serene

» இனிய பொங்கல்
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm by nihal123

» DIPD.N0000 (Dipped Products)
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm by PANTOMATH

» HUNA.N0000
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm by Ethical Trader

» Blessing in Disguise!! It's high time Brothers!!
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am by serene

» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am by ruwan326

» LLUB.N0000 (CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC)
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm by PANTOMATH

» කෝටි 4620 ක බැඳුම්කර නීතියට පිටින් ශ‍්‍රී ලංකන්ට දීලා
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» JINS.N0000 ( Janashakthi Insurance PLC)
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm by smallville

» Dividend Announcement
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 am by serene

» Thread for News on International Markets
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 am by The Invisible

» අවුරුද්ද අප කයි - අපි අවුරද්ද කමු (ජනවාරි පළමුවැනිදා)
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:23 pm by malanp

» සැන්ඩි එපා!
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm by serene

» අසිරිමත් සුබ නව වසරකට ආසිරි !
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:08 pm by PANTOMATH

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm by EBHRAHIMCANADA

»  වසරක කාලය තුළ ඉන්දියාවේ ඉහළම ආදායම් ලාභීන්
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am by nihal123

» අයදුමේ දී ඡායාරූප ‘ඇලවීම‘ අවශ්‍ය නැති ජාතික හැඳුනුම්පත ජනවාරි 01 සිට දිවයිනටම
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:37 pm by lanka

» මැදපෙරදිගට පමණක්‘ පාස්පෝට් මින් ඉදිරියට නැහැ
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» BFN - Orient Finance
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm by serene

» Wishing Everyone a Happy Christmas !
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 am by spw19721

» Happy Birthday
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am by sashimaal

» COMB.N0000 ( COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC )
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» In the Meantime, Within Our Shores !
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Buy International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in jordan((WhatsApp:+237675967490))
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 am by nihal123

» AINS - Arpico Insurance
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am by The Invisible

» CFVF - First Capital
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 am by Ethical Trader

» Obituary Notice.
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am by sashimaal

» බඩගිනී
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am by Ethical Trader

»  Rajgama heroes !
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» BOPL.N0000 (Bogawantalawa Tea Estates PLC)
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:35 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka economic slowdown trims company profits, bank earnings grow
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm by nihal123

» Better Than Bitcoin
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Hutchison, Etisalat complete mobile networks merger in Sri Lanka
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices surge more than 5-pct
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm by Ethical Trader

» CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 am by The Invisible

» HAYC - Haycarb
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:04 pm by xmart

» LGL Laugfs Gas
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices gain as investors eye Fed relief on interest rates
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් 8 ක් කොටස් ගනුදෙනු තහනම් වීමේ අවදානමක
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am by nihal123

» අපි තනිකර ලෝකය දිව යන්නේ
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 am by The Invisible

January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Go down

DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:09 am

2017 was not a profitable year for the Ship Builder of Sri Lanka..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For many companies Revenue is often growing. Yet for DOCK Revenue has reached a plateau and the company is struggling to not to fall from the high plateau..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am

Company could slightly  over come the negative trend in EPS though the figure still appears in negatives.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 am

Market Value is well below Net Assets Value.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by nihal123 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks YK
avatar
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5186
Join date : 2014-02-24
Age : 52
Location : Waga

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Companies with higher net profit margins often declare good dividends. Therefore DOCK is not for dividend hunters.

Hydro power companies are in a position to declare better dividends.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by spw19721 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Thanks YK for the analysis ...


As I remember once SLS has mentioned that the major revenue comes from ship repairing.not building ships.So crude oil price play an important role for their profit.



Quoted from CEO - Mr.D.V Abesinghes speech "

" Abeysinghe said oil prices must recover up to at least between US $ 60 to US $ 80 for a viable offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction. Although the outlook for 2017 is challenging as the global marine sector recession is expected to continue up to 2018, Abeysinghe is hopeful of securing a few shipbuilding projects this year while also strategically diversifying into other types of ships going beyond offshore support vessels market."
avatar
spw19721
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 501
Join date : 2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:13 am

spw19721 wrote:Thanks YK for the analysis ...


As I remember once SLS has mentioned that the major revenue comes from ship repairing.not building ships.So crude oil price play an important role for their profit.



Quoted from CEO - Mr.D.V Abesinghes speech "

" Abeysinghe said oil prices must recover up to at least between US $ 60 to US $ 80 for a viable offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction. Although the outlook for 2017 is challenging as the global marine sector recession is expected to continue up to 2018, Abeysinghe is hopeful of securing a few shipbuilding projects this year while also strategically diversifying into other types of ships going beyond offshore support vessels market."



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Column120172016
Ship Repairs5,943.004,560.00
Ship Buildings6,038.005,374.00
Heavy Engineering71.0039.00

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by spw19721 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 pm

seems like both contributes around 50:50..
avatar
spw19721
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 501
Join date : 2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:04 am

Yes...

To be exact


Description20172016
Ship Repairs49.3145.72
Ship Buildings50.1053.89
Heavy Engineering0.590.39
100.00100.00

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by pjrngroup on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Thanks YK.

pjrngroup

Posts : 327
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by slstock on Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 am

Saw this over the weekend.

Actually , what I said/meant was major earnings/profit margins ( not revenue)  for DOCK  come from ship repairing  ( not building) . The profit margin for repairing services is much higher than ship building. Ship building may bring bigger revenue when they have lot of orders, but profit margin is relatively less.


Even if you look at  March 2018 report ( which is not great as to be expected as explained last year) , you can see the fact  stated above on profit margins.

DOCK will recover in earnings when shipping business improves in the world .
Most part of world shipping business is related to  Oil in some way or the other.
With oil prices going up , there is possibility that starting later this year DOCK
might improve business.

But it a bit too early to say such. Let's watch.  


yellow knife wrote:
spw19721 wrote:Thanks YK for the analysis ...


As I remember once SLS has mentioned that the major revenue comes from ship repairing.not building ships.So crude oil price play an important role for their profit.



Quoted from CEO - Mr.D.V Abesinghes speech "

" Abeysinghe said oil prices must recover up to at least between US $ 60 to US $ 80 for a viable offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction. Although the outlook for 2017 is challenging as the global marine sector recession is expected to continue up to 2018, Abeysinghe is hopeful of securing a few shipbuilding projects this year while also strategically diversifying into other types of ships going beyond offshore support vessels market."



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



 
[size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]Column1[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]2017[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]2016[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size]
Ship Repairs5,943.004,560.00
Ship Buildings6,038.005,374.00
Heavy Engineering71.0039.00

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5408
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by Ethical Trader on Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Thanks SLS.
avatar
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4786
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by Jana1 on Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 am

I didn’t know a constructive discussion is going on here..

I suespect DOCK lower revenue is from change of accounting practice. It was made in the statement..

We can expect DOCK to remain profitable once offshore vessels business become vibrant once oil price hike to above 80.

They secured 3 ship building projects now. But looks like margin is quite low.. this is probably a slow collection time. Anyway looks too early as SL mentioned...

Jana1
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 621
Join date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by yellow knife on Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

Thanks SLS and Jana

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 6137
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)

Post by spw19721 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:20 am

slstock wrote:Saw this over the weekend.

Actually , what I said/meant  was major earnings/profit margins ( not revenue)  for DOCK  come from ship repairing  ( not building) . The profit margin for repairing services is much higher than ship building. Ship building may bring bigger revenue when they have lot of orders, but profit margin is relatively less.


Even if you look at  March 2018 report ( which is not great as to be expected as explained last year) , you can see the fact  stated above on profit margins.

DOCK will recover in earnings when shipping business improves in the world .
Most part of world shipping business is related to  Oil in some way or the other.
With oil prices going up , there is possibility that starting later this year DOCK
might improve business.

But it a bit too early to say such. Let's watch.  




[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



 












[size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]Column1[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]2017[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b][size=15][b]2016[/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size]
Ship Repairs5,943.004,560.00
Ship Buildings6,038.005,374.00
Heavy Engineering71.0039.00
[/quote]
Laughing




Thanks for the clarification  sir. I used the word revenue coz I admit I had no idea about differnces between earnings and revenue. Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway Dockyard is reaching towards 70 which is very tempting..
avatar
spw19721
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 501
Join date : 2015-08-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum