The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dividend Announcement
Yesterday at 9:26 pm by nihal123

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
Yesterday at 8:52 pm by ruwan326

» SAMP.N0000 (SAMPATH BANK PLC)
Yesterday at 1:59 pm by LSE

» PLC.N0000 ( People's Leasing and Fiance PLC)
Yesterday at 11:15 am by Ethical Trader

» Happy Birthday
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:31 pm by ruwan326

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 pm by ruwan326

» REXP.N0000 ( RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC)
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:48 pm by smallville

» රෝගීන් වෙනුවෙන් කැප වන සෞඛ්‍ය සේවාවක් වෙනුවෙන්.....
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:34 am by AjithR

» JEWS OF SRI LANKA: AN UNTOLD STORY
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:22 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» How Small We are in the universe
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:29 am by nihal123

» ඉස්සරහට අපි පරදින එකනම් ෂුවර් – ධම්මික ක්‍රිකට් ගැන කතා කරයි
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm by nuwanmja

» HAYL.N0000 Hayleys PLC
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:46 pm by yellow knife

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am by slstock

» HNB.N0000 ( Hatton National Bank PLC)
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:43 am by gTrade

» DFCC.N0000 ( DFCC BANK PLC )
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:44 pm by serene

» DOCK.N0000 (COLOMBO DOCKYARD PLC)
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:36 pm by NIRMALSG

» GLAS.N0000 (PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC)
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 am by ruwan326

» Mobile Trading: the new BUZZ word in Capital Markets Industry!
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:58 pm by Brenda John

» MGT.N0000
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:48 pm by Hawk Eye

» MTD WALKERS - KAPI
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 am by Jana1

» Should such people be trusted and help anymore?
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:42 am by pjrngroup

» The messenger who couldn't deliver a message
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 pm by Backstage

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 am by ruwan326

» Importance of 2019 government budget
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Emir of Qatar on a private visit to Sri Lanka till February 22
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 am by Backstage

» දේවදත්තගෙන් අපායේ සිට මෛත්‍රී බුදුන් වහන්සේට එවන ලද ලිපිය...~~~
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:24 am by ruwan326

» CONN.N0000
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 pm by ruwan326

» SERV - The Kingsbury
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm by ruwan326

» TPL.N0000 (TALAWAKALE PLANTATIONS )
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:53 pm by ruwan326

» KVAL.N0000
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 pm by ruwan326

» HAYC - Haycarb
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 pm by ruwan326

» DIPD.N0000 (Dipped Products)
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:22 pm by ruwan326

» මහජනතාව බල ගැන්වෙම්න් සිටී…
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:23 pm by ruwan326

» VFIN - where the journey leads it?
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 pm by ruwan326

» LFIN - LB Finance
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 pm by ruwan326

» Sri Lanka urged to develop own narrative of China’s BRI
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:50 pm by Backstage

» Wonder why men send photos of their genitals? Here are some theories
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am by Backstage

» Flying is the Safest mode of Transport
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» LLUB.N0000 (CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC)
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:24 pm by Ethical Trader

» Lanka named top tourist destination for 2016
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:29 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» A Bit of History
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm by ruwan326

» AMF.N0000
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:56 am by serene

» IOC Sri Lanka unit December quarter loss widens to Rs987mn
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:02 am by ruwan326

» මූර්ත පොළියෙන් ශ්‍රී ලංකාව අංක 1ට – බ්ලූම්බර්ග් අනාවරණය කරයි
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:18 pm by nihal123

» Obituary Notice.
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Trading Journal
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 am by serene

» LDEV - Lankem Developments
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm by ruwan326

» විශිෂ්ඨ සිල්ලර වෙළෙන්දෙකුගේ ජීවිත කතාව
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:15 pm by Ethical Trader

» AAIC.N0000
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm by serene

» இனிய பொங்கல்
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm by nihal123

March 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Plantation sector updates

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by CK on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Thank you invi.
CK
CK
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 pm


Some suggested not to touch them with even a Bargepole and let's hear from them even. Very Happy

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 7718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 61
Location : රජ්ගම

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:49 pm

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:
Some suggested not to touch them with even a Bargepole and let's hear from them even. Very Happy

Ayyo how the powerful TAPL laying an egg? Going from 10 EPS in 4Q to 2 EPS in 1Q. At least bulding the cash.

Then better results coming via Tapalen?

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by The Invisible on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 am

There is something of one-off nature in the quarterly result. That is why TPL's PAT decline QoQ but it will be bouncing back.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by The Invisible on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:22 am

The TPL quarter result has given the waited investors another chance to grab some @ low price. And that what happening at the moment on board. People who want to collect start collecting now, not for next week but for next quarter.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by Future123 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm

This is true Invisible. The tea prices are increasing in weekly tea auctions indicating that September quarter would be a better one than June.

TPL's cost of sales is too high and that's a unique situation for that particular company for this quarter. They may have done some fertilization or replanting which we don't know but the revenue increased substantially.

We have to wait for other plantation company results. TSML reported good results this quarter.

Note: Please note that plantation shares are extremely cyclical and good for trading purposes and I do not hold them as long term investment. New comers please be careful with this. Please do your own research before investing.

The Invisible wrote:The TPL quarter result has given the waited investors another chance to grab some @ low price. And that what happening at the moment on board. People who want to collect start collecting now, not for next week but for next quarter.

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by The Invisible on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Future123 wrote:This is true Invisible. The tea prices are increasing in weekly tea auctions indicating that September quarter would be a better one than June.

TPL's cost of sales is too high and that's a unique situation for that particular company for this quarter. They may have done some fertilization or replanting which we don't know but the revenue increased substantially.

We have to wait for other plantation company results. TSML reported good results this quarter.

Note: Please note that plantation shares are extremely cyclical and good for trading purposes and I do not hold them as long term investment. New comers please be careful with this. Please do your own research before investing.

The Invisible wrote:The TPL quarter result has given the waited investors another chance to grab some @ low price. And that what happening at the moment on board. People who want to collect start collecting now, not for next week but for next quarter.

Agree with you F123.I believe today we had a great bargain opportunity with TPL @ 45/-. If anybody able to grab some at this price they will be very happy by the time next quarter result is out.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by smallville on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 am

You cant compare the last qtr of plantations to the recent qtr and say its not good. Ppl who did so sold yesterday at low prices.

Actually if you compare the same qrt in 2016 and 2017, TPL started the year with a good EPS.. Go calculate and see.. This is what matters.. 59% more revenue (COS is high 50% too which is not good) and a positive EPS compared to loss in previous year same qtr..

_________________
I take risks as a Trader and I select stocks based on Tech and daily Cash in/out. Therefore, my methods may not suit u.. so DYO analysis before making any decisions.
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Trying to figure out..

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 pm

How the powerful HOPL laying another egg? Going from 3 EPS in 4Q to 0.57 EPS in 1Q.
Defa then more bargaining at this rate?

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by The Invisible on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:55 am

Its too early to compare and come to a conclusion about the entire sector. Let's wait till more results are out. YoY growth is what matters.
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by Future123 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Plantation companies reporting good revenue similar to March 2017 quarter but why their cost of sales increase too much? The major component is the wages and as far as we know there was no increase in wages within the last 3 months.

Are plantation companies manipulating their accounts?

Except for TSML the other plantation companies reported drop in profits in June quarter compared to March.

In the weekly tea auction (Week 28), tea prices have gone up especially high grown and it continuously going up slowly. Then why do they report very low profit?

Note: Newcomers be careful as the plantation sector is extremely cyclical and the profits are highly volatile.

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by CK on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 pm

smallville wrote:You cant compare the last qtr of plantations to the recent qtr and say its not good.
Is it? Why?
CK
CK
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:56 pm

Future123 wrote:

In the weekly tea auction (Week 28), tea prices have gone up especially high grown and it continuously going up slowly. Then why do they report very low profit?



That is a very powerful story. The plantains are selling the kilo for 650 and paying the pickers 700. Now this 650 only for this year because other plantain countries having sunny weather......when things go back to normal 450 levels what do you think will happen to the low profits? Will it go high then? If not then why inventers want to over pay in good times when you know the bad times are soon cumming?

Tea loss always needing to be subsidized by palms and the rubbers and the tree selling

Nice to do a quick trade and dump to the begger boys though.

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by Future123 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:54 pm

That's what I said to avoid plantation as the results are too volatile. It's better to avoid plantation shares completely as the results are disappointing. Please read my post in full.

Btw, Where have you been so long? You heavily promoted UNP and completely disappeared for 2.5 years then coming back with your usual shoeshine kindi talk.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jiggysaurus wrote:
Future123 wrote:

In the weekly tea auction (Week 28), tea prices have gone up especially high grown and it continuously going up slowly. Then why do they report very low profit?



That is a very powerful story. The plantains are selling the kilo for 650 and paying the pickers 700. Now this 650 only for this year because other plantain countries having sunny weather......when things go back to normal 450 levels what do you think will happen to the low profits? Will it go high then? If not then why inventers want to over pay in good times when you know the bad times are soon cumming?

Tea loss always needing to be subsidized by palms and the rubbers and the tree selling

Nice to do a quick trade and dump to the begger boys though.

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:38 am

Future123 wrote:

Btw, Where have you been so long? You heavily promoted UNP and completely disappeared for 2.5 years then coming back with your usual shoeshine kindi talk.. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy


How the power of the promotion? Worked no? Now time to do some quality shoeshining.

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by Future123 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 am

Ohh shit man. You have never come up with any analysis so far. Have you ever did any research or any valuable contribution. You only crusade people who do some analysis.

You don't read the full forum post and criticize others. Please read the full post before you comment. I don't want to argue with you man. Just leave it.

jiggysaurus wrote:
Future123 wrote:

Btw, Where have you been so long? You heavily promoted UNP and completely disappeared for 2.5 years then coming back with your usual shoeshine kindi talk.. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy


How the power of the promotion? Worked no? Now time to do some quality shoeshining.

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by Future123 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:01 am

I'm extremely demotivated due to the idiotic comments made by Jiggysaurus.
This man is portraying me as I was promoting plantation shares. I only said there was a trading opportunity sometimes back and repeatedly warned that the plantation sector is extremely cyclical and too dangerous.

I'm losing interest to write due to people of this caliber who never ever made any research or valuable contribution and only pass bloody hints on contributors. A final warning. Please beware of plantation shares as this is extremely seasonal.

Future123
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-04-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by CK on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:00 am

future I think he only replied to your unp comment in a fun way. So don't get upset. I think he didn't mean it to you..
Pls keep doing your analysis.
CK
CK
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2015-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Aka Koheda Yanne Malle Pol Syndrome.

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:47 pm

But defa i also agree that plantain promotors should not be allowed to be critisized.

All critisizers of plantain promotors should be banned from the forum

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Jiggy theory - Buy when others are demoting and sell when others are promoting. Very Happy

_________________
I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.
Socrates
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 7718
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 61
Location : රජ්ගම

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by smallville on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Yo jiggy, good to see u here after long time.. U've gone fat or wat? Very Happy

BTW.. what r ur best bets man?

_________________
I take risks as a Trader and I select stocks based on Tech and daily Cash in/out. Therefore, my methods may not suit u.. so DYO analysis before making any decisions.
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1774
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Trying to figure out..

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 pm

smallville wrote:Yo jiggy, good to see u here after long time.. U've gone fat or wat? Very Happy

BTW.. what r ur best bets man?

Yes very phat.....waiting for the powerful GMNet's prediction of 6,600 in 2018 to come true.

I'm now going to the investment books and trying out the low price 2 boob formula.

With shoeshine land having 2 party govt felt better to be safe with some margins.

So all low price to boob stocks now. APLA, few finCos, Thambiya's hooker hotel and boat, LWL, HAYL, DIMO, RAL, SHAW......real parippu portfolio with no movement for months at a time

Latest is a little try on the Pharmacy expecting shoeshines to start shining when they declare a dividend in about 6 months

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by jiggysaurus on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

How the power of the Bogga?

All plantain companies down results but the Bogga run Polwatta delivers double the profit.

jiggysaurus
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 548
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plantation sector updates

Post by The Invisible on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:02 am

WATA, MAL, TPL, KVAL, etc made growth YoY. However WATA and MAL able to beat the QoQ game as well.

How will be UDPL, HAPU, ELPL, BALA respond to this?
The Invisible
The Invisible

Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-28
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum