The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

MTD WALKERS - KAPI

+14
PANTOMATH
yellow knife
Ethical Trader
Admin
Backstage
xmart
pathfinder
malanp
Market lover
slstock
smallville
Leon
sashimaal
RPPA
18 posters
Go down
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

MTD WALKERS - KAPI - Page 2 Empty Re: MTD WALKERS - KAPI

Sun May 17, 2015 12:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nice view point X, many thanks for sharing. Blessed are those who share. sunny
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 3:12 pm
X thanks for the additional info.

2 things need to be noted

1) One needs to be careful when highlighting Engineering( growth prospects) here . Else it can give the wrong signal if not defined correctly.

KAPI mainly has 2 Engineering sectors

a) Civil Engineering
b) Engineering Services

Note Civil Engineering is essentially Construction.
So best not look at the Engineering term here as major speciality when comparing to AEL.

If one is talking about Engineering apart from construction the Engineering referred to would be ( different to AEL business) Engineering Services which has Ship repair, Heavy Engineering , Some Electrical and Mechanical Eng services etc,

Bottom line :

Constructions is still KAPI cash cow. By 20 14FY It is the 8 billion revenue item. This is one that has big impact. So if one is analysing do not forget the effects on this ( study contract etc)

Other Engineering sector is tiny about 1/20 of the size of construction!

2) Do not forget the Eps dilution after right issue.
Basically if KAPI earned Rs 3 per share before right issue, now it will be around Rs 2 earning per share.

I said this for long term investors. Short term price jumps/trade can happen. 2 are different.

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 7:02 pm
As you guys are discussing about the Civil Engineering sector of KAPI here is the future looks like,

Inclusion of large scale projects in to the order book of civil engineering sector, demonstrates a continuous revenue generating potential which is expected to be over 20% YoY during FY15-17 period. Civil engineering sector that con-tributed to 80% of Company’s Revenue demonstrated 65% YoY in FY14, with a confirmed rich order book until 2017. Hence we can expect, 15% YoY bottom line growth for FY15-17E period. Having an in-house engineering design arm, operating of seven quarry sites, producing construction aggregate and availability of asphalt and ready mix concrete will enable the sector to operate competitively in terms of quality and cost that will help in winning new contracts in the long term whilst improving Net Margins. For instance the company was awarded to construct 5000 housing units at Madampitiya, apart from the contract of constructing 872 housing units which is to be completed in FY15E. Widening of 2 bridges (nawala and Rajagiriya) aimed at reducing traffic congestion, rehabilitation of a dam under the Dam safety and water resources planning project are some of the major projects in the pipeline.

Few more to come need to search more, Very Happy
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 7:25 pm
What is the date of the above report and which broker?

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 7:37 pm
slstock wrote:What is the date of the above report and  which broker?

I got this infor from a friend of Nation Lanka Stock brokers When asked about the cash cow of KAPI. Why any problem in obtaining such information & posting here.

Last edited by RPPA on Sun May 17, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 7:40 pm
I see.

When was this report made?

Ex 2014 June situation and 2015 March situation can l be different

RPPA wrote:

I got this infor from a friend of Nation Lanka Stock brokers.

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 7:49 pm
slstock wrote:I see.

When was this report made?  

Ex 2014 June situation  and 2015 March situation can l be different

RPPA wrote:

I got this infor from a friend of Nation Lanka Stock brokers.

He has e-mailed me only that part as I specifically wanted to know about KAPI's cash cow as per the Sash's question.And so he might have got the information from a particular report & sent it to me.

As far as I know KAPI has no issues in any of the projects so far. But completion of them may get delayed, due to prevailing circumstances.

I am searching more on KAPI & others can contribute too.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 8:00 pm
I see.

Many other already did contribute. Some several times Smile

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
slstock wrote:I see.

Many other already did contribute. Some several times  Smile

As requested you will see few more new threads in the future from me with proper justifications. As I see it is important to recommend a stock, Which is about to appreciate in near future.

You are welcome SLS with your comments too.Very Happy

Last edited by RPPA on Sun May 17, 2015 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 8:15 pm

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 pm
You know SLS I run a portfolio in 30:70 basis. Which means 30% investment category (6M) & 70% trading. Out of 70% again 40% will be for max 3M holding & other 30% will be very short term trading.

I am pretty good at trading, So I stick with it with less credit. Very Happy

That is why i try to help others with accurate recommendations in the short term some times may be in one or two lines. But the reliability by way of price appreciation matters than anything else.

KAPI, time will tell. Very Happy
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 9:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
We all know market needs traders also. That perfectly all right.

I too have trading shares in my portfolio ( not as much as your allocation) .
I trade limitedly due to various reasons .

Well any share can increase in price in short term. So no harm trying to identify and give tips.

Just be clear your prediction is meant for and what period. So people don't misinterpret it.

For example if we talk so much on KAPI and many others put comments ( there a quite few interested in KAPI I see), you know some new comers will think KAPI is so attractive and it will go to RS 100 in 1 month .

When people follow us , we should have have higher responsibilites and standards than before.
With power come greater responsibility right.

Last time there was promotion on KAPI which pushed to about Rs 90. I don't want that to happen as I don't see KAPI is worth Rs 90 at present fundamentals. ( but KAPI has some value and growth potential as we discussed)

These things happened. It will happen again . Maybe other forum are different. But many people here are different too.

I know you like to be in all 3 forums . I know many may not know me as I am only in this "smaller" forum but publicity and ambition are not too important to me right now.
Am not related to any profession on economics or anything to directly do with CSE. So my views are different. ( am not saying I will be here always and I will do only volunteer service for ever. Volunteer work doesn't feed me. I am no 100% saint). But the way I look at life and how I like to earn is different.

I said all this for you to better know me.

You know , I was also a "hidden force" to get you to this forum. You can ask *** that.
As soon as you came , I communicated with you over several PMs.

So I expect a lot from you in a good way. Keep it up. All the best.

RPPA wrote:You know SLS I run a portfolio in 30:70 basis. Which means 30% investment category (6M) & 70% trading. Out of 70% again 40% will be for max 3M holding & other 30% will be very short term trading.

I am pretty good at trading, So I stick with it with less credit. Very Happy

That is why i try to help others with accurate recommendations in the short term.

KAPI time will tell. Very Happy

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 9:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
For example if we talk so much on KAPI and many others put comments ( there a quite few interested in KAPI I see),  you know some new comers will think KAPI is so attractive and it will go to RS 100 in 1 month .

When people follow us , we should have  have higher responsibilites and standards than before.

No one has said KAPI would move to 100 in 1 month.I have clearly hinted 65/- in the short term. So no miss communication. And I don't have any power in here.And as far as I know I have not taken any one for a ride. All my recommendations are mostly accurate.

I know you like to be in  all 3 forums .  I know many may not know me as I am only in this "smaller"  forum  but  publicity  and ambition are not too important to me  right now.

I am not active in 3 forums. I am active in only 2.  

Am not related to any profession on economics or anything to directly do with CSE. So my views are different.  ( am not saying I will be  here always and I will  do only volunteer service for ever.  Volunteer work doesn't feed me. I am no 100% saint). But  the way I look at life and how I like to earn is different.

I said all this for you to  better know me.

Yes I understand you & I kept my respect to you always. Very Happy

You know , I was  also a "hidden force" to get you  to this forum.  You can ask *** that.

Please tell me what I have done bad.
*** I don't understand.
xmart
xmart
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 10:56 pm
well well well.. guys chilled out! ++

SLS, it seems you are not happy about the discussion about KAPI. i can't see anyone misleading anyone here.  

anyway, i feel you got my cash cow thing in wrong manner. let me clarify!

1) One needs to be careful when highlighting Engineering( growth prospects) here . Else it can give the wrong signal if not defined correctly.

KAPI mainly has 2 Engineering sectors

a) Civil Engineering
b) Engineering Services

Note Civil Engineering is essentially Construction.
So best not look at the Engineering term here as major speciality when comparing to AEL.

If one is talking about Engineering apart from construction the Engineering referred to would be ( different to AEL business) Engineering Services which has Ship repair, Heavy Engineering , Some Electrical and Mechanical Eng services etc,

Engineering is Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Material, Software, Networking, Electronic etc.

Though they have divided their business as projects (construction & engineering), Manufacturing, Air Conditioning and Road Projects, ultimately all of them fall in to Engineering.

In age of mega hydro projects their cash cow was infrastructure development projects. in post war their cash cow was road development projects. even if roads and bridges are no longer to make huge profit, they have a good demand for piling, dam projects, fuel storage tanks, penstock installation. air conditioning and ventilation. so, my point was they have adapted to prevailing best option and they have ability to do so in future as well. the key is management!

that is true, they can't do miracles with EPS. i said that i have followed the business not the stock. if there are no roads and bridges they have the ability to move into next best option. but i agree there will be some laps during cash cow transition period.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/ wrote:MTD Walkers PLC (MTD), the infrastructure development company, in a bid to expand its core competencies is actively looking at expanding to the Middle East and Africa, while also eyeing Myanmar in the construction sector, officials said. “We are in discussion with construction companies in the Middle East and African region,” Jehan Amaratunga, Deputy Chairman MTD Walkers told the Business Times.

He said they are also exploring the option of going to some of these countries on their own. “We are evaluating all options currently,” he said, adding Myanmar is also in their radar. “It is still a little too early as Myanmar is still getting its legal systems (for investing) in order.” Myanmar is rushing to catch up and make itself attractive to international investors as a place to do business, he said, noting that this is definitely a country MTD has set its sights on.

MTD, which has investments and firms ranging from power, road construction, mechanical engineering, air-conditioning and refrigeration, plantation and machinery, has plans to expand its steel fabrication arm WAD Lanka. “This company is engaged in air condition duct manufacturing. It’s equipped to do white steel fabrication for non corrosive purposes such as pipelines for the water sector. So we will get into fabrication of such products which require white steel,” Mr. Amaratunga said.

He added that expansions in the marine engineering are also in order through its subsidiary Colombo Engineering. MTD has also cottoned onto real estate by planning to acquire Wilcon Development, the local unit of the Malaysian property development company, Metacorp Berhad (Metacorp), for Rs.2.17 billion. “We got board approval to acquire this firm,” Mr. Amaratunga said, adding that this is a natural fit in their business portfolio. He said that MTD wants to tap the middle segment in apartments and it will be in the suburbs. “We feel there’s a niche in the suburbs – especially in areas where the highways interject,” he added.

this is not a buy/sell recommendation. we all have different approaches than others. not all of our approaches are 100% accurate either. if anyone get offended or misled by my post, i'm really sorry about it.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 11:10 pm
!!!!!!! My goodness , miscommunication at the zenith.

People,

1) NO ONE HERE did ANYTHING WRONG on KAPI. There is good information shared here . why do you think I kep repping.

2) Xmart ,
why do you think I made positive comment on you. Because it was good info.

3) KAPI RS 100 was just an Example to explain giving short term vs long term targets .
Read again if confusing.

4) I gave added info on KAPI to give depth and different view.

So no body needs to appologise on KAPI as they have not done anything wrong. All clear.

RPPA,
The rest of you questions I will answer later.

I responded urgently before this discussion goes elsewhere. This is good discussion. I need to go now.

Last edited by slstock on Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

xmart
xmart
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 pm
SLS, much clear! +

thanks..
RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 17, 2015 11:22 pm
slstock wrote:!!!!!!! My goodness , miscommunication at the zenith.

RPPA,
The rest of you questions I will answer later.

I responded urgently before this discussion goes elsewhere.  This is good discussion. I need to go now.

Thats fine SLS. I may be busy tomorrow. Very Happy
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon May 18, 2015 8:26 am
1)
RPPA wrote:
No one has said KAPI would move to 100 in 1 month.I have clearly hinted 65/- in the short term. So no miss communication. And I don't have any power in here.And as far as I know I have not taken any one for a ride. All my recommendations are mostly accurate

Response

i)

I think you have misunderstood and only party quoted me on this.

Full quote is
slstock wrote:

"Just be clear your prediction is meant for and what period. So people don't misinterpret it.
For example if we talk so much on KAPI and many others put comments ( there a quite few interested in KAPI I see), you know some new comers will think KAPI is so attractive and it will go to RS 100 in 1 month . [/color]

Also explained before This was just an example to highlight a point on short term targets and new comers perception NO ONE, including you did Anything Wrong on this KAPI thread. It good you started it. There was good discussion here. I kept repping also

ii)

I added comments for more depth and slightly different views specially when needed. KAPI is a fundamental share now and has growth prospects ( once it was almost crap before split times).
But to go long we need to identify its growth , study the contract / business structure in next few quarters and KAPI need to justify its earnings ( after right issue)

iii) Power:

I think you misunderstood me again. Please note I said

slstock wrote:
When people follow us , we should have have higher responsibilites and standards than before.

I meant when more people start following a person , that person will now have more responsibility to adopt higher standards than before. That what I meant by power.

Some people watch what we write and blindly follow. You and I know that. So we have more responsibility to maintain higher standards. That what I meant.

2)

You know , I was  also a "hidden force" to get you  to this forum.  You can ask *** that.

Please tell me what I have done bad.
*** I don't understand.[/quote]

ANSWER :

I don't want to write too much on public here. Please be Extra Careful when commenting on ONE share speciallly. You know what and why. To put it mildly , it has caused some greater Issues and can cause some bigger issues also. You will know what share I am talking about for sure. Also think about what I said under "power" quote.

I said this for your own good , good of this forum and maybe CSE.

RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 18, 2015 8:49 am
Noted. SLS

I sent a PM to u. Very Happy
pathfinder
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 18, 2015 9:37 am
Good discussion guys.
Admin
Admin
http://investorsentiment.forumotion.net

Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 am
RPPA - when posting extracts from any reports or please provide the link to it or at least the source along with the date. Simple reason is that situation would have changed from the time a report was written. In the past we have come across extracts from very old broker reports being posted which were misleading. Hope you understand.

Also when posting extracts without source one can easily change numbers. I'm not suggesting you did, but it might become a precedent to those with ulterior motive.
RPPA
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 19, 2015 7:25 am
Admin wrote:RPPA - when posting extracts from any reports or please provide the link to it or at least the source along with the date. Simple reason is that situation would have changed from the time a report was written. In the past we have come across extracts from very old broker reports being posted which were misleading. Hope you understand.

Also when posting extracts without source one can easily change numbers. I'm not suggesting you did, but it might become a precedent to those with ulterior motive.

Yes. Admin noted with thanks.

I understood that only known people know the integrity of RPPA. Some may not know. So it is up to me to follow ethics, policies & procedures here. If I can't follow those I should not stay here by being a nuisance to others. Very Happy

So it is the responsibility of mine to behave in a such a way in some other's premises the way they have build that place for not the way I want. As this place is for a good cause of helping out investors.

+ rep

Last edited by RPPA on Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
http://investorsentiment.forumotion.net

Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 am
RPPA wrote:
Admin wrote:RPPA - when posting extracts from any reports or please provide the link to it or at least the source along with the date. Simple reason is that situation would have changed from the time a report was written. In the past we have come across extracts from very old broker reports being posted which were misleading. Hope you understand.

Yes. Admin noted with thanks.

I understood that only known people know the integrity of RPPA. Some may not know. So it is up to me to follow ethics, policies & procedures here. If I can't follow those I should not stay here by being a nuisance to others. Very Happy

So it is the responsibility of mine to behave in a such a way in some other's premises the way they have build that place for not the way I want. As this place is for a good cause of helping out investors.

You are not being a nuisance but a valued contributor, thus the tag too Smile

We are trying to create a better culture here. This is not just another forum. We cannot attract unwanted elements here. If kept clean, those will not come here. Few already came and went after realizing this is not the place for them Very Happy
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 pm
Good professional discussion. Continue this thread.
xmart
xmart
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 pm
ok fellas,

appreciate all of you specially admin, SLS, RPPA and all who contributed to the discussion in a comprehensive manner of a professional discussion.

i think we talk much more about ethics in the KAPI tread. but it was much needed as we are in a bull phase and history can be repeated. remember the bad time we had in 2012.

as i witness the great downfall and market manipulation. pump and dump by renowned personalities such as Market Watch, i think SLS initiation and admin comment are timely and appropriate even though it is not much relevant to the tread.

when we sleep on the mat we have no fear of falling down. but when we sleep in a bed that fear is there. as much as we go upward fear become stronger. since there are people who just want to follow others and make profit, we should be vigilant when discussing price sensitive matters.

ok then, shall we back to KAPI then?

there are uncertainties with this share with the collapse of the construction industry, temporary shut down of norther power, halt of port city and with the recent right issue.

public holding is just about 10% and there are lot of questions about their real state business and ship repair work etc. but my approach to CSE is bit different. i goes with the management and the business model when im considering investment.

by not mentioning what my stand is, i would like to raise following matters to discus..

1. will construction industry collapse or resume after the election?

2. will port city commence operation?

3. since sri lanka is in growth phase there will be development projects, industrial plants and renewable energy projects. we are to witness 2nd phase of development of the country. so last 10 years there were roads, highways, airports, harbors etc. those were the investment by the country to facilitate private sector and foreign investors to start business. (ok, it has become a statement, not a question)

4. who are construction sector giants and what will be their approach to next phase of development?

cheer!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum