The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
Yesterday at 8:44 pm by ruwan326

» Dividend Announcement
Yesterday at 7:20 pm by nihal123

» මූර්ත පොළියෙන් ශ්‍රී ලංකාව අංක 1ට – බ්ලූම්බර්ග් අනාවරණය කරයි
Yesterday at 7:18 pm by nihal123

» Obituary Notice.
Yesterday at 7:14 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Trading Journal
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 am by serene

» LDEV - Lankem Developments
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm by ruwan326

» AMF.N0000
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:34 am by serene

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 am by Ethical Trader

» REXP.N0000 ( RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC)
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:14 am by serene

» MTD WALKERS - KAPI
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 pm by dhanurrox

» විශිෂ්ඨ සිල්ලර වෙළෙන්දෙකුගේ ජීවිත කතාව
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:15 pm by Ethical Trader

» Flying is the Safest mode of Transport
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AAIC.N0000
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:50 pm by serene

» இனிய பொங்கல்
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 pm by nihal123

» DIPD.N0000 (Dipped Products)
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:18 pm by PANTOMATH

» HUNA.N0000
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm by Ethical Trader

» Blessing in Disguise!! It's high time Brothers!!
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am by serene

» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am by ruwan326

» LLUB.N0000 (CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC)
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm by PANTOMATH

» කෝටි 4620 ක බැඳුම්කර නීතියට පිටින් ශ‍්‍රී ලංකන්ට දීලා
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» JINS.N0000 ( Janashakthi Insurance PLC)
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm by smallville

» Thread for News on International Markets
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 am by The Invisible

» අවුරුද්ද අප කයි - අපි අවුරද්ද කමු (ජනවාරි පළමුවැනිදා)
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:23 pm by malanp

» සැන්ඩි එපා!
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm by serene

» අසිරිමත් සුබ නව වසරකට ආසිරි !
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:08 pm by PANTOMATH

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm by EBHRAHIMCANADA

»  වසරක කාලය තුළ ඉන්දියාවේ ඉහළම ආදායම් ලාභීන්
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am by nihal123

» අයදුමේ දී ඡායාරූප ‘ඇලවීම‘ අවශ්‍ය නැති ජාතික හැඳුනුම්පත ජනවාරි 01 සිට දිවයිනටම
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:37 pm by lanka

» මැදපෙරදිගට පමණක්‘ පාස්පෝට් මින් ඉදිරියට නැහැ
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» BFN - Orient Finance
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm by serene

» Wishing Everyone a Happy Christmas !
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 am by spw19721

» Happy Birthday
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am by sashimaal

» COMB.N0000 ( COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC )
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» In the Meantime, Within Our Shores !
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Buy International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in jordan((WhatsApp:+237675967490))
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 am by nihal123

» AINS - Arpico Insurance
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am by The Invisible

» CFVF - First Capital
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 am by Ethical Trader

» බඩගිනී
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am by Ethical Trader

»  Rajgama heroes !
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» BOPL.N0000 (Bogawantalawa Tea Estates PLC)
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:35 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka economic slowdown trims company profits, bank earnings grow
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm by nihal123

» Better Than Bitcoin
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Hutchison, Etisalat complete mobile networks merger in Sri Lanka
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices surge more than 5-pct
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm by Ethical Trader

» CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 am by The Invisible

» HAYC - Haycarb
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:04 pm by xmart

» LGL Laugfs Gas
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices gain as investors eye Fed relief on interest rates
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් 8 ක් කොටස් ගනුදෙනු තහනම් වීමේ අවදානමක
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am by nihal123

» අපි තනිකර ලෝකය දිව යන්නේ
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Go down

13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Sriranga on Wed May 13, 2015 11:01 am

DIALOG AXIATA PLC
Company ID: - DIAL
Date of Announcement: - 13.May.2015
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 0.13 per share (Subject to tax) / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2014
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 16.Jun.2015
XD: - 17.Jun.2015
Payment: - 25.Jun.2015
Share Transfer Book Open


Last edited by Sriranga on Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
"Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
avatar
Sriranga
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 3226
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Colombo

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Market R on Wed May 13, 2015 12:03 pm

EPS 0.24 profits went up
big increese in income tax & financial cost when compiring with previous year same quarter.
avatar
Market R

Posts : 221
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Sriranga on Wed May 13, 2015 1:33 pm

PANASIAN POWER PLC
Company ID: - PAP
Date of Announcement: - 13.May.2015
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 0.30 per share / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2014/2015
XD: - 22.May.2015
Payment: - 03.Jun.2015
Share Transfer Book Open

_________________
"Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
avatar
Sriranga
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 3226
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Colombo

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by yaka on Wed May 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Market R wrote:EPS 0.24 profits went up
big increese in income tax & financial cost when compiring with previous year same quarter.

also I have a question. they say the in the press release they have not paid the newly adopted taxes as at 31 march due it's not enacted. what does that mean?? is there a chance that they would not have to pay those amount if the government change?

yaka

Posts : 374
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by slstock on Wed May 13, 2015 1:46 pm

The Super Tax is still not official, it was proposed.

So once it becomes officially approved they are liable to pay. But if something happens in the middle ( like in alcohol manufacture case), it can be reversed.

So in summary as of now, none of the companies have incorporated into MArch financials the super tax. If it happens then starting June they will have to start paying .

This super tax is a mess.

yaka wrote:
Market R wrote:EPS 0.24 profits went up
big increese in income tax & financial cost when compiring with previous year same quarter.

also I have a question. they say the in the press release they have not paid the newly adopted taxes as at 31 march due it's not enacted. what does that mean?? is there a chance that they would not have to pay those amount if the government change?

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1548-important-warning-and-message
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5408
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Backstage on Wed May 13, 2015 2:54 pm

slstock wrote:The Super Tax is still not official, it was proposed.

So once it becomes officially approved they are liable to pay. But if something happens in the middle  ( like in alcohol manufacture case), it can be reversed.

So in summary as of now, none of the companies have  incorporated into MArch financials the super tax.  If it happens then starting June they will have to start paying .

This super tax is a mess.

yaka wrote:
Market R wrote:EPS 0.24 profits went up
big increese in income tax & financial cost when compiring with previous year same quarter.

also I have a question. they say the in the press release they have not paid the newly adopted taxes as at 31 march due it's not enacted. what does that mean?? is there a chance that they would not have to pay those amount if the government change?

They can tie this up in court for some time, they could also negotiate paying this in tranches.
avatar
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 3312
Join date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by slstock on Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 pm

It's already disclosed that they can pay in tranches I believe. It not 1 time pay everything.


Backstage wrote:
slstock wrote:The Super Tax is still not official, it was proposed.

So once it becomes officially approved they are liable to pay. But if something happens in the middle  ( like in alcohol manufacture case), it can be reversed.

So in summary as of now, none of the companies have  incorporated into MArch financials the super tax.  If it happens then starting June they will have to start paying .

This super tax is a mess.

yaka wrote:
Market R wrote:EPS 0.24 profits went up
big increese in income tax & financial cost when compiring with previous year same quarter.

also I have a question. they say the in the press release they have not paid the newly adopted taxes as at 31 march due it's not enacted. what does that mean?? is there a chance that they would not have to pay those amount if the government change?

They can tie this up in court for some time, they could also negotiate paying this in tranches.

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1548-important-warning-and-message
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5408
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by yaka on Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

ok SLS understood what u said, but it's said treasury is empty...... so y the government not enact this??? is this just only a "gonibilla"??? does it usually take this long?? or is government afraid of any retroactive outcome?

yaka

Posts : 374
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by slstock on Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

To say is easy. To do is hard ( is done with yaha palanaya and legally)

There are so many issues with this tax. Double taxation. How to tax groups vs subsidiaries etc etc etc

yaka wrote:ok SLS understood what u said, but it's said treasury is empty...... so y the government not enact this??? is this just only a "gonibilla"??? does it usually take this long?? or is government afraid of any retroactive outcome?

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1548-important-warning-and-message
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5408
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Market R on Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Attractive divident from PAP
will their financial statement more attractive?
avatar
Market R

Posts : 221
Join date : 2015-01-07

Back to top Go down

Re: 13-May-2015 Dividend Announcements - DIAL, PAP & ALUM

Post by Sriranga on Wed May 13, 2015 7:11 pm

ALUMEX PLC
Company ID: - ALUM
Date of Announcement: - 13.May.2015
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 0.25 per share (Liable to 10% Dividend Tax) / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2014/2015
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 22.Jun.2015
XD: - 23.Jun.2015
Payment: - 02.Jul.2015
Share Transfer Book Open

_________________
"Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
avatar
Sriranga
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 3226
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Colombo

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Sri Lanka index slips from 10-week high on diversified shares

Post by Sriranga on Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm

May 13 Sri Lankan shares ended slightly weaker on Wednesday, slipping from more than 10-week high hit in the previous session, led by diversified shares as political uncertainty weighed on sentiment.

The main stock index ended 0.19 percent weaker at 7,245.05, slipping from its highest close since Feb. 27 hit on Tuesday. It had gained 4.98 percent since the central bank cut key rates on April 15, while yields on t-bills have fallen 46-61 basis points since then.

Earnings of 37 listed companies released so far have on average increased 19.5 percent year-on-year in the first quarter, a stockbroker said.

Foreign investors were net buyers for the first time in eight sessions. They bought 47.1 million rupees ($352,808.99) worth of shares on Wednesday, extending the net foreign inflow so far this year to 2.92 billion rupees worth of shares.

Turnover was boosted by local buying and stood at 1.23 billion rupees, more than this year's daily average of around 1.06 billion rupees.

Investors are waiting for direction on the political front and cues from earnings, analysts said, adding the market could be dull in the medium term until the perception of political uncertainty is addressed.

Sri Lanka's parliament is expected to debate and pass some key reforms next week and President Maithripala Sirisena has promised to dissolve parliament after that.

Shares of conglomerate John Keells Holdings Plc ended 0.69 percent weaker, while Carson Cumberbatch Plc fell 1.57 percent.

($1 = 133.5000 Sri Lankan rupees)

(Reporting by Shihar Aneez and Ranga Sirilal; Editing by Anand Basu)

_________________
"Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
avatar
Sriranga
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 3226
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Colombo

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum