The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
Today at 8:00 am by serene

» Thread for News on International Markets
Today at 7:56 am by The Invisible

» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
Today at 7:52 am by The Invisible

» DIPD.N0000 (Dipped Products)
Today at 7:18 am by The Invisible

» SAMP.N0000 (SAMPATH BANK PLC)
Today at 7:16 am by The Invisible

» TAFL - Three Acre Farms
Today at 7:14 am by The Invisible

» RCL - Royal Ceramics
Today at 7:12 am by The Invisible

» HAYL.N0000 Hayleys PLC
Today at 7:08 am by The Invisible

» COMB.N0000 ( COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC )
Yesterday at 11:21 pm by PANTOMATH

» Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?
Yesterday at 6:41 pm by Brave Heart

» Dividend Announcement
Yesterday at 6:01 pm by Ethical Trader

» How to trade Stock profitably?
Yesterday at 11:55 am by indramal

» What are investing methods in Sri Lanka?
Yesterday at 6:39 am by indramal

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm by Yin-Yang

» Thread for General News Local/Foreign
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 am by serene

» Anybody invest New York or Landon Stock Exchange?
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:53 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» JKH.N0000
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am by ruwan326

» HAYC - Haycarb
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am by The Invisible

» WATA - Watawala
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:22 am by The Invisible

» AAIC.N0000
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am by The Invisible

» Asian markets rally as investors see positive in US gridlock
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:02 am by serene

» CSE RISE , RIDING ETHICALLY
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 am by pjrngroup

» Constitutional Crisis – close to $ 100mn flees stock/bond markets last week
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm by serene

» HHL.N0000 ( Hemas Holdings PLC)
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:43 am by The Invisible

» Weldone Serene for 4000 + posts
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:44 am by serene

» Real Estate Market in Sri Lanka- A booming Industry or a Bubble?
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:36 am by serene

» Asiri Hospitals PLC - ASIR
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:58 am by The Invisible

» Flying is the Safest mode of Transport
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» REXP.N0000 ( RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC)
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:45 pm by Brave Heart

» What MOTTOs/PRINCIPLEs do YOU follow in LIFE ?
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm by Seyon

» LDEV - Lankem Developments
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:23 pm by The Invisible

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:43 pm by The Invisible

» MTD Walkers (KAPI)
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:54 am by The Invisible

» SERV - The Kingsbury
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 am by The Invisible

» LFIN - LB Finance
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 am by The Invisible

» PABC.N0000 (Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC)
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka jumps 11 places to 100th rank in World Bank’s Doing Business index
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:52 am by The Invisible

» Banking Sector
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am by The Invisible

» All Share index crosses 6,000 points
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 am by Brave Heart

» Asian Hotels and Properties September net down 48-pct
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:17 am by Brave Heart

» Sri Lanka rupee weakens; stocks rally slows
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:13 am by Brave Heart

» TJL.N0000 (Textured Jersey Lanka PLC.)
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:27 pm by PANTOMATH

» Whats ailing Sri Lanka ? Why we are what we are!
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:07 pm by Ethical Trader

» Sri Lankan rivals tempt defectors to swing crisis
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka’s Piramal Glass in Sept quarter loss as costs rise
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:36 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka President could dissolve parliament if interim budget is defeated: Wijedasa
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:34 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka political crisis hikes debt rollover risk: Fitch
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:31 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lankan political standoff could threaten reforms: S&P Ratings
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 am by The Invisible

» Giant pro-democracy rally in Sri Lanka capital
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:27 am by The Invisible

» Postponing reforms will make Sri Lanka lag behind peers, central bank warns
Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:22 am by The Invisible

November 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Cartoon of the day...

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Friends,

Lets forget everything and have fun for a while... I'm invite you all to add more stories under this topic...

avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by slstock on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Story :

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"

One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag.

The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1548-important-warning-and-message
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5372
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by pee ratio on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:29 pm

slstock wrote:Story :

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"

One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag.

The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"

Aney no no men sls, he wont turn into a stockbroker, he will turn into that handsome prince from aboo-dhobi  lol!

pee ratio
Active Member
Active Member

Posts : 315
Join date : 2014-07-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by jonta999 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm

pee ratio wrote:
slstock wrote:Story :

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"

One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag.

The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"

Aney no no men sls, he wont turn into a stockbroker, he will turn into that handsome prince from aboo-dhobi  lol!

Prince khalifa

jonta999

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : MaRkEt

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by Sriranga on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 pm


_________________
"Investing is easy to learn, but it takes a lifetime to master."
avatar
Sriranga
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 3226
Join date : 2014-02-23
Location : Colombo

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by slstock on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:24 am

Our common attempt was this for many years now.

Redbulls wrote:
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5372
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 am

slstock wrote:Story :

Two women were walking through the woods when a frog called out to them and said: "Help me, ladies! I am a stockbroker who, through an evil witch's curse, has been transformed into a frog. If one of you will kiss me, I'll be returned to my former state!"

One woman took out her purse, grabbed the frog, and stuffed it inside her handbag.

The other woman, aghast, screamed, "Didn't you hear him? If you kiss him, he'll turn into a stockbroker!"

The second woman replied, "Sure, but these days a talking frog is worth more than a stockbroker!"

 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:30 am

slstock wrote:Our common attempt was this for many years now.

Redbulls wrote:

 Cool Cool 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:20 am

avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:23 pm

A MAN CALLS HIS STOCKBROKER ALL ANXIOUS...


A man calls his stockbroker all anxious and out of breath with this urgency in his voice. He says, Sell it all, sell everything fast, right away. The stockbroker tries to explain that the market is cyclical in nature and that for long term outlook stocks still remain the place to be. The man says, Let me tell you a secret. You know I've been married for 6 years now and I've been your client for 5 years. Yes, go on, the stockbroker says. Well. My wife has this thing about the market. Her grandparents lost it all in the great crash and ever since then her family found investing in the market akin to original sin. When we got married I promised her that I would follow in her parents footsteps and never venture in the stock market and always leave all our money under the mattress. Wow, I didn't know that. I guess you want the money because the market is going down, in case she asks for it. No, I want the money because she ordered a new mattress and it is being delivered in two days.
avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm

LSE wrote:A MAN CALLS HIS STOCKBROKER ALL ANXIOUS...


A man calls his stockbroker all anxious and out of breath with this urgency in his voice. He says, Sell it all, sell everything fast, right away. The stockbroker tries to explain that the market is cyclical in nature and that for long term outlook stocks still remain the place to be. The man says, Let me tell you a secret. You know I've been married for 6 years now and I've been your client for 5 years. Yes, go on, the stockbroker says. Well. My wife has this thing about the market. Her grandparents lost it all in the great crash and ever since then her family found investing in the market akin to original sin. When we got married I promised her that I would follow in her parents footsteps and never venture in the stock market and always leave all our money under the mattress. Wow, I didn't know that. I guess you want the money because the market is going down, in case she asks for it. No, I want the money because she ordered a new mattress and it is being delivered in two days.

Good one mate.
Moral of the sory " Don't ever leave all your money under the matress"  bounce Basketball bounce

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Not a cartoon, but this is soo funny :)

Post by sashimaal on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 am

avatar
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5691
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:08 am

sashimaal wrote:

 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 
Ecconomic growth scratch scratch scratch 
With these people  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:32 pm

LSE wrote:

Utter mess. Smile 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by slstock on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Should be much easier to watch/manage at CSE for seasoned trader as there are less than 300 companies. Some don't trades for days.

SP500 itself has , wait for it , 500 companies. Sri Lanka SP20.





Imagine the size of
LSE wrote:
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5372
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 am

"The stock market is like a strapless bra...!!!"

Half the people are wondering...
What's holding it up...???
Whereas the other half...
Are waiting for it to drop, so that they can...
Grab the opportunity...!!!
avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 am

LSE wrote:"The stock market is like a strapless bra...!!!"

Half the people are wondering...
What's holding it up...???
Whereas the other half...
Are waiting for it to drop, so that they can...
Grab the opportunity...!!!

It's very hard to comprehend the meaning while reading this.
My mind is up to something else with the chilled weather. Wink 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 pm

avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by sashimaal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:18 am

avatar
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5691
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:19 am

sashimaal wrote:



 Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by sashimaal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:38 pm

avatar
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5691
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by serene on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 am

sashimaal wrote:

 Very Happy 

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 4059
Join date : 2014-02-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by LSE on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:00 pm

කව්ද අප්පේ ඒ රුවැත්තී....?

sashimaal wrote:
avatar
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Posts : 913
Join date : 2014-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Cartoon of the day...

Post by sashimaal on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:48 pm

 lol! 

LSE wrote:කව්ද අප්පේ ඒ රුවැත්තී....?

sashimaal wrote:
avatar
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 5691
Join date : 2014-02-28

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum